Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to 7magick7. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Extraterrestrials!, OMG!
Draco_Platina
Posted: Sep 9 2005, 10:38 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members 2
Member No.: 7

QUOTE (Elessar/wolfmaine)
I personally do not believe in aliens. It doesn't make logical or scientific(SP?) sense.

Does anyone else see a huuuuuge hole in this thought?
Let me point it out. The universe is huge. Huge as in it might as well be as big as the christian God, because we cannot readily comprehend how big it is. Even if life was left to chance (I don't have the calculations readily available), there would be at -least- hundreds of intelligent life forms. Think life was a freak accident? That's what the at-least-hundreds-of-intelligent-ETs figure is based off of. In our galaxy alone, there is a high chance of there being several other intelligent life forms.
Now is it just me, or is that use of logic and scientific method?
o..o
To say that we are the only intelligent life in the universe is the ultimate in arrogance and elitism. Or perhaps just stupidity...
Discuss!
Throw at me your reasons there -can't- be other intelligent life!
<.?.>
Posted: Sep 10 2005, 07:17 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Iím game, let me first, however start by saying I still have doubts that we've found intelligent life on this planet, let alone in the universe in general.

now, jokes aside--- onto the game.
QUOTE (Draco_Platina)
Throw at me your reasons there -can't- be other intelligent life!

well, first Iíll offer what is probably a more popular opinion. "God" only created man (unless you count angels but they arenít from space-- nor are they "life-forms" strictly speaking) and since the bible, being gods infallible word doesnít mention making aliens, they clearly cant exist. (lest anyone should get mad at me about that one, Iíve had it thrown at me in more or less the same form in the past, so there are Christians that believe it-- i.e. no offense to any other Christians that donít think that way, and thought I was generalizing)

now, on to my formal opinion... and one true to my heart. If I had to refute alien life, this is the way in which it would be truth from my mouth.

since the universe only exists to anyone within the limited context they can perceive it, aliens do not exist, nor do I or this forum for that matter-- all anything is are the interesting and unique interpretations your mind has made. "everything is in your head, the only thing that is 'real' is the thing dreaming it all up"

and there you have it--- proof that you donít exist.... let the aliens do with it what they will. laugh.gif

that all said, within the normal context of the question "do I believe aliens exist" I would venture that they do, simply because the reality is never as mundane as people like to pretend it is --- "its a madhouse out there, we just happen to be insane enough to think it isnít"

cheers
<.?.>
Draco_Platina
Posted: Sep 11 2005, 07:03 PM

Advanced Member

To respond to your generic christian viewpoint;
"God" only created man (unless you count angels but they arenít from space-- nor are they "life-forms" strictly speaking) and since the bible, being gods infallible word doesnít mention making aliens, they clearly cant exist.

That is assuming that everything -not- mentioned in the bible specifically, does not exist. That would be ridiculous to have someone running about with that concept. The absence of evidence is most definately -not- evidence of absence.
Jeremy
Posted: Mar 7 2006, 01:09 AM

Member No.: 37

well if we look at the elitest stand point, than there is no other intelagent life out there, because we would have already contacted eachother, or they are not advanced enough to find be capable of cummunicating with us, thus being unintelagent. (and if you could only here the pompse holier than tho voice that was going through my head... well you get the picture.)

as a personal opinion, i believe that there is life out there probably more intelagent than our own spices, but we lack the means to communicate with eachother, or just as likely, they do not want to communicate with us and be draged down to our level.

here's an interesting thought, what if whoever's out there in space sees us as the whites saw blacks for many years? better question, what if they are right? will we choose to learn from those beings if we ever come into contact, or will we try to destroy them, and most likely end up being destroyed?

(sorry if this changes the subject of the topic, feel free to split my post off)
<.?.>
Posted: Mar 7 2006, 03:17 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

I tend to agree, assuming you and I were of some superior species looking down on humans, would you want to have anything to do with them? I tend to doubt it -- and for myself, unless there was some quality that was especially desirable and unique to humans -- I would be inclined to cauterize the lot of them, lest they should spread.

It seems entirely likely that any alien life superior to us, capable of contacting us -- would either be benevolent and detached letting us work things out for ourselves -- or offensive, and just as likely to obliterate our planet as say hello.
of course, there could always be a group out there that isnít superior, but merely advanced enough to get here and back, as it were. they might just be interested in how they could use us, or what we are -- do we know anything useful? do we taste good?

not altogether encouraging notions.
<.?.>
Jeremy
Posted: Mar 21 2006, 11:32 PM

Member No.: 37

of course, there could always be a group out there that isnít superior, but merely advanced enough to get here and back, as it were. they might just be interested in how they could use us, or what we are -- do we know anything useful? do we taste good?

that's kind of what you and i act like now. if they are superier, than they will probably not need anything from us. and i highly doubt that they think like we do, or they would not be superior, just more advanced technaclly.
Ezekiel
Posted: May 4 2006, 11:10 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

What if we are the aliens?
Draco_Platina
Posted: May 4 2006, 05:57 PM

Advanced Member

I AM AN ALIEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111111111111111
KTHX, GOVERNMENT MAN.
[/inside joke]
^..^
<.?.>
Posted: Dec 2 2006, 05:41 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

interesting news article this morning -- source: http://english.sabah.com.tr/39A7D056026E45...E4A6365CC81.htm

UFO falls from the sky

Russian news agencies reported that an unidentified flying object has fell from the sky in to Siberia district.

Russian news agency RIA-Novosoti has reported that an unidentified flying object has crashed on Krasnayarsk area of Siberia this morning. The crash caused a small forest fire.

The object crashed on an area exactly between Yeniseisk and Lesosibirsk towns in Krasnayarks. Authorities were informed by the residents of the area immediately. Russian Air Force authorities said there were no registered flights detected in the area at the time when the object was crashed.
Siberia Emergency Team sent a helicopter to the crash scene for further investigation.

<.?.>
Nightingale
Posted: Dec 26 2006, 05:58 PM

robots beeping in the night

Member No.: 2

what? they never did a follow up?
<.?.>
Posted: Dec 26 2006, 06:09 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

*shrugs* I don't know... I in any case never did a follow up.

incidentally.. credit for bringing the article to my attention in the first place goes to coast to coast am. (I get a lot of my strange news stories from c2c)

<.?.>
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Conspiracy Theory | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2741 seconds | Archive