InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Boot Camp. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

We are all relaxed here

This forum is all open meaning the rules are much more relaxed here. :)

Pages: (50) « First ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

A Series Of Unrelated Thoughts 4
Anarnaxe
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

Lieutenant

Group: Squaddie
Member No.: 2,752

QUOTE (Izaak. @ Apr 11 2012, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (Anarnaxe @ Apr 11 2012, 03:58 PM)
I am seriously considering starting a blog detailing minis for Dark Heresy and the likes.

Army blog or "proper" blog ?

Ed.

"Proper" blog. Site and all. But probably posting stuff on the forum as well.
PMEmail
Wolfman Walt
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 12:37 AM
Quote Post

Regimental Commissar
Group Icon

Group: Warmaster
Member No.: 220

I'm apparently gonna be on national TV. MSNBC's Lockup was at the jail while I was locking someone up. So. Yay.
PMEmailAOLYahooMSN
Sigma
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 02:19 AM
Quote Post

Aide de Camp
Group Icon

Group: Lord Generals
Member No.: 307

Yay. Our Walt is on TV. I hope you said something about Boot Camp as you were locking up one of society's undesirables armata_PDT_22.gif
PMEmailMSN
Wolfman Walt
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 04:02 AM
Quote Post

Regimental Commissar
Group Icon

Member No.: 220

QUOTE (Sigma @ Apr 11 2012, 09:19 PM)
Yay.  Our Walt is on TV.  I hope you said something about Boot Camp as you were locking up one of society's undesirables  armata_PDT_22.gif

Sadly, it's just a cameo and nothing of real merit was said.

This post has been edited by Wolfman Walt on Apr 12 2012, 04:03 AM
PMEmailAOLYahooMSN
D503
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 940

I am planning a serious expansion of the redemptionists this summer as I have 2 months off work in England. What with the redemptionists and the redemptionist marines, I will likely surpass the 10,000 points mark of painted minis.

And I will take the group shot that I have been promising for the last 3 years armata_PDT_04.gif
PMEmail
Torquemada
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Supreme Quartermaster
Group Icon

Group: Officer Cadre Member
Member No.: 1,681

Finished....exams..today. Only...bachelor's work...remaining. Too...tired...to...post. Must. Finally. Sleeeeeeeeep.....
PMEmailWebsite MSN
Makoto
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 167

There must be something wrong with an action-heroic movie if scenes supposed to stress sheer badassery of the lead and his masterfull usage of a chain are greeted with most of the audience shouting "Venus - love me - chain!".

As the observant ones have already guessed we've seen the Ghostrider 2. Yes, it's that pitiful. And praise the Emperor there were no mundanes present, for much merryment was had by our bunch armata_PDT_25.gif
PMEmail
Izaak.
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

Regimental Sergeant Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

QUOTE (Makoto @ Apr 27 2012, 05:18 PM)
most of the audience shouting

Is that a common thing there ?

It's very much frowned in my areas.

Ed.
PMEmailWebsite MSN
Makoto
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 167

Generally it's frowned around here too, but when there's just few people watching, and they've came together anyway then it's more of a private seance, so loud comments aren't a breach of etiquette.
PMEmail
Anarnaxe
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Lieutenant

QUOTE (Makoto @ Apr 27 2012, 06:28 PM)
Generally it's frowned around here too, but when there's just few people watching, and they've came together anyway then it's more of a private seance, so loud comments aren't a breach of etiquette.

Same around here. You don't get people cheering in the cinema. I was a bit surprised then when I saw Iron Sky a few weeks ago when the American President is ranting and raving about every other country having a satellite weapon and asking who didn't... and the Finnish representative raised his hand. A bit weird being the only person in the cinema not cheering armata_PDT_14.gif
PMEmail
Pax Urbis Pax Imperi
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 02:25 PM
Quote Post

Provost Marshall
Group Icon

Group: Lord Generals
Member No.: 2,706

On Saturday, I had a veteran infantry unit take down a Trygon with two wounds left in close combat.

I'm going to give one of member of this unit a medal for valor, since the wound came down to the last roll, and it meant either a win or a tie in a tournament I was playing in.
PMEmail
Semper Loyalus
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 05:39 PM
Quote Post

Tank Commander
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE (Pax Urbis Pax Imperi @ Apr 30 2012, 06:25 AM)
On Saturday, I had a veteran infantry unit take down a Trygon with two wounds left in close combat.

I'm going to give one of member of this unit a medal for valor, since the wound came down to the last roll, and it meant either a win or a tie in a tournament I was playing in.

Fully awesome. You might consider adding some sort of 'Nid claw bit to the sergeant's base, too. Back in 3rd Ed, I had a grot oiler kill a beakie Veteran Sergeant in CC once. I painted up a helmet to match and stuck it on his base as a trophy.
PMEmailYahoo
Izaak.
Posted: May 2 2012, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Regimental Sergeant Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

I just got back from a short trip with my dad to an old farm that we [The Mead family.] used to own.
user posted image

On the farm is the family grave plot.
While the farm was sold in 1940-5 [I don't know the exact date.] we still own the grave area.
user posted image

There are supposedly 7 graves there , but only 3-4 have crosses , none of the crosses have markings.
user posted image

Somewhere in the family there is a list of who the people are and where they are in the plot.
I might be able to find out in a family meeting in a few weeks time.
Supposedly there's two coats-of-arms on the Mead side of the family , as there where 2 Sheriffs way back.
user posted image

user posted image

Dad + his sister and myself are looking into cleaning it up.

I was thinking it might be a nice place to settle when i'm kurupt. armata_PDT_04.gif

Ed.

This post has been edited by Izaak. on May 2 2012, 02:59 PM
PMEmailWebsite MSN
Semper Loyalus
Posted: May 2 2012, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Tank Commander
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,556

That's very cool, Ed. Good luck with the clean-up work.
PMEmailYahoo
Anarnaxe
Posted: May 3 2012, 01:04 AM
Quote Post

Lieutenant

Yes, I know its May. Yes, I am watching Trick r' Treat. No, I don't care that Hallowe'en isn't for another 6 months.
PMEmail
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (50) « First ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... Last » ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Thought for the Day:
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0902 seconds | Archive
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next
www.astronomican.com