Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Boot Camp. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

23 * Vi * 2012, 6th Edition teaser
Pax Urbis Pax Imperi
Posted: Jun 9 2012, 06:56 AM
Quote Post

Provost Marshall
Group Icon

Group: Lord Generals
Member No.: 2,706

Games workshop has released a teaser on their website, indicating that 6th Edition will be released 6/23/2012.

Selfdistruct.gif
PMEmail
JenBurdoo
Posted: Jun 9 2012, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Private

Group: Squaddie
Member No.: 3,314

My guess is it's just the announcement or preorders, and we'll still have to wait a week or two.
PMEmail
Pax Urbis Pax Imperi
Posted: Jun 9 2012, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

Provost Marshall
Group Icon

QUOTE (JenBurdoo @ Jun 9 2012, 03:43 AM)
My guess is it's just the announcement or preorders, and we'll still have to wait a week or two.

Probably right. armata_PDT_34.gif
PMEmail
Garak
Posted: Jun 9 2012, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Stormtrooper Captain
Group Icon

Group: Officer Cadre Member
Member No.: 1,464

What are the odds that they might take a gamble and advance the plot somewhat?
PMEmailYahoo
Izaak.
Posted: Jun 9 2012, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Regimental Sergeant Major
Group Icon

Group: Warmaster
Member No.: 921

I wont be getting the new rules.

I've had it with GW in general. dry2.gif

18 months for FW to renew the DKoK list ?

Ed.
PMEmailWebsite MSN
hammerbolt
Posted: Jun 9 2012, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Major

Member No.: 2,677

I'm going to give a long hard look at the rules... but if I see the same #$%& that happened to WFB, I'm out...
PMEmail
Sigma
Posted: Jun 9 2012, 08:57 PM
Quote Post

Aide de Camp
Group Icon

Member No.: 307

Honestly, I'm done with GW's rules and pricing hikes that I'll paint and assemble what I have but they're not getting anymore of my money. If I want to expand my armies, i'll check ebay first.
PMEmailMSN
Garak
Posted: Jun 9 2012, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Stormtrooper Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,464

My army's large enough that I don't need anything new but I'll give the new rules a look, maybe. Honestly Black Library has been taking my money lately since I'm more into the fluff and collecting than the playing.
PMEmailYahoo
Gunner Rear
Posted: Jun 10 2012, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 794

Yesterday I headed off to my local(ish) GW for a Cadian battle force.
£75 for 25 infantry, 3 heavies and a sentinal?

I know I've been out of this for a while, but when did this happen? Last I remember it was 60 quid.

So I guess I am through buying anything from GW again, which is a shame, as I wanted to do a lot more with my guard. I wont be getting the new rules, and they can kiss my butt.

Thank you for reading.
PMEmail
Danté Lor'el
Posted: Jun 10 2012, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Captain

Member No.: 2,959

It becomes ever more extortionate... well, I guess I'll consider the rulebook but there's no way I'll be buying an army from GW. Might even sell my Tau when the next Codex rolls around.
PMEmail
Pax Urbis Pax Imperi
Posted: Jun 10 2012, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Provost Marshall
Group Icon

The price of everything goes up, its a fact of life. From the cost of the materials to make our models, to paying the factory and workers, to the shippers of our models, etc. This is true of EVERYTHING around us, not just for this niche hobby in this niche business.

I don't agree with the price hikes, but I do understand them. Is it fair? Hell no, its not fair that we seem to bear the brunt of this.

I'm not done buy models or playing their games. I certainly won't order directly, but I will go through alternative sources for supplies on my models.

I enjoy going to playing with my friends and going to local tournaments to play competitively, so for me, I have to buy the new rules. Eventually, when I can get them from my afore mentioned alternative sources.
PMEmail
Anarnaxe
Posted: Jun 10 2012, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

Lieutenant

Member No.: 2,752

One of the biggest problems I've had is the re-cut sprues they've been putting out over the last few years. I mean, it wasn't that long ago that I could go into my local store and get a box of 20 Cadians for €20. Yeah, I can understand them raising the prices, the have to, its the nature of business. What I can't understand is why they think they can cut the contents of the box in half and be justified in keeping it at the same price, or even raising the price.

How many of us remember when the regiment and squad boxed sets were £10?

Anyway, I have the Necromunda, the Mordheim, Inquisitor and Gorkamorka rules on my computer, as well as several books for Dark Heresy, Black Crusade and Deathwatch so I'm sorted for games.
PMEmail
Gunner Rear
Posted: Jun 10 2012, 07:39 PM
Quote Post

Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 794

While I understand the urge to put prices up, the product is, when it comes down to it, plastic.

Take the sentinal out of it, and you have 31 figures for the princely sum of £56.50, just over £1.80 per figure. Compare with other firms
(Victrix: 60 for £22, or Perry: 40 for £18) and I think they are severly taking the piss.

I will play (once in a while) and I have enough to keep me going for a couple of years, but I wont be buying.
PMEmail
Makoto
Posted: Jun 10 2012, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 167

I'll definitely look up the new rules. And what I'll see will decide whether I'll buy the rulebook or not - even if I don't like the new rules at all the occasionall 2nd ed game will do for me, so am not considering dropping out of 40k.

Funnily enough though, it's getting easier to find someone to play Neuroshima Tactics than to play w40k here. Then again NT is about Necromunda-scaled, so people don't have to pay an arm and a leg to have a legal army when starting from scratch.
PMEmail
ImperialArmoury
Posted: Jun 10 2012, 11:09 PM
Quote Post

Quartermaster General
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,463

The manager of my local store has assured me that if the was any announcement coming concerning 40K it would be on the 30th and not the 23rd because that's when the next White Dwarf comes out. armata_PDT_05.gif
PMEmail
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Thought for the Day:
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0817 seconds | Archive
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Join | Ring Hub | Random | Prev | Next
www.astronomican.com