zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Bounty Hunter Guild. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Timur Leng Talks About Shit, Also, bounty hunting...
Crotch of Tamerlane
Posted: Jan 4 2010, 08:29 PM

I can hardly call myself a knight.

Group: The Saints
Member No.: 49

This seems to be the popular thing to do these days, eh?

Carrie an' Josh have covered a lot of ground, so I'm gonna get in to specifics here, yeah?

First off! Jack's guide made mention of UDWidget and UDTool. Fuck UDTool, it's outdated. Only Aiden uses it these days, and he's just being crotchety. Get UDWidget. Why? Because UDWidget lets you run an auto-updating RG list (in addition to the auto-updating Zerg Liste), that's god damn why!

Just plug this in to UDWidget (don't work for UDTool):
;Rogues Gallery
:url(http://ud-malton.info/Rogues_Gallery.cgi?State=UD%20Tool%20list)

;Zerg Liste
#00ff64,Zergs
:url(http://zombies.dementiastudios.org/boards/index.php?topic=12.0),start(;Start List One),end(;End List One),group(Zergs),color(#00ff64)
:url(http://zombies.dementiastudios.org/boards/index.php?topic=12.0),start(;Start List Two),end(;End List Two),group(Zergs),color(#00ff64)
:url(http://zombies.dementiastudios.org/boards/index.php?topic=12.0),start(;Start List Three),end(;End List Three),group(Zergs),color(#00ff64)
:url(http://zombies.dementiastudios.org/boards/index.php?topic=12.0),start(;Start List Four),end(;End List Four),group(Zergs),color(#00ff64)

There's a slight delay on its updating, I think, but it works quickly enough. Also, UDWidget can be a little finicky if you have UDToolbar running.

Anyway! Get Widget if you don't already have it (it also has a very handy built-in iWitness function, among other things) and use the aforementioned auto-updating list. You're also definitely going to want Greasemonkey and ActOnProfile, as mentioned in Josh's thread.

The big thing about AOP is that it allows you to check the quality of the target. Given the nature of the RG, it is unfortunate-but-necessary that you end up with a lot of false positives. AOP gives you a quick link to the rapsheet so you can see if your quarry is a genuine PKer or if they're just a know-nothin' that shot up a bountiless RRF.

That there concludes the neutral, unbiased bit of this here thread. From here on, it's all about my preferred way of doing things. If you've got a PKer alt and are reading this, just... shut off that part of your brain for now, oui?
Crotch of Tamerlane
Posted: Jan 4 2010, 08:50 PM

First up: Sleeping places.

Dark buildings are the most obvious. Need gennie and fuel to get a reliable kill there, you all know that. And of course, they're the most obvious for PKers, too. And since they vastly outnumber us, they're far more likely to have a generator and gas can kickin' around, yeah?

Dark ruins are my favourites. People hate checkin' 'em because they take a lot of AP, especially if you're trying to avoid fall damage. They might have they occasional zombie in 'em, but unless you're really wounded or said zombie is really determined, that shouldn't be much of a threat. Non-dark ruins are... not so hospitable. A PKer is even less likely to check there, but any hostile that finds you will be able to kill you dead in a minute. Either way, with the snow on the ground like it is right now, all ruins are a lot less attractive than they would normally be.

As far as regular buildings go? Junkyards. Love 'em. There's something about the junkyard (and, to a lesser extent, the rail station) that just makes a person's eyes slide right over 'em. They just blend in with the street, y'know?

Finally, there's the street itself. You should obviously only really consider that in a super-green suburb.

In all cases, stay out of free-running lanes, especially choke-points. Avoid resource buildings like the plague. While a PKer can sometimes hide in an NT or something, a BHer will rarely be as lucky. Just the nature of the business.
Crotch of Tamerlane
Posted: Jan 4 2010, 09:05 PM

That brings me to your gear. Your loadout. The shit you carry.

As you can see in Cutter's thread, she favours carrying a fuck-ton of loaded weaponry. Josh likes to have some medical supplies. I like neither. My ideal loadout looks like this:

1 knife (Axes do more damage per AP, but it's very rare that your target's HP is a multiple of 3, so that extra damage is often wasted.)

1 flak jacket (No shit.)

5-6 loaded pistols

4-5 loaded shotguns

Enough pistol clips to get me up to 88% encumbrance

1 fuel can (98% encumbrance)

1 generator

With that, I am fully self-sufficient. There would be room for five more clips if I had someone else with me to carry either the generator or fuel at 98%. My weaponry of choice means that I have to be better in my scouting than Carrie, as I will probably have to spend some AP on reloading. It also means that I have to be more careful around zombies, as I don't have the FAKs to fight infection like Josh. But what my setup does give me is a combination of flexibility (those 4-5 shotguns are typically pulled out when I'm worried that I'm getting too low on AP to finish the target with my revolvers) and longevity, which is a big issue with me. With that many clips, I can go a long damn time without heading back to a mall to restock, which is damn important for the monthly challenges.

EDIT: Related to my comments on the benefits of having a partner to carry gas for you - anyone wanna team up in Owsleybank? No? Fine, fine...

This post has been edited by Crotch of Tamerlane on Jan 4 2010, 09:44 PM
Crotch of Tamerlane
Posted: Jan 5 2010, 07:02 AM

And that brings me to the "miscellaneous crap" section of this thread. First up, a personal request.

If you ever have some down-time or feel like taking a brief break from hunting, how about going on a spraypaint campaign for me? Just spray this: "Report human-on-human kills: http://u.nu/939a4" on the OUTSIDE of entry points and both inside and outside resource buildings, especially malls. And, uh... keep an eye out in case someone eventually puts up a version of that that has a different link. Don't click it, just spray over it and let me know.
lynch
Posted: Jan 6 2010, 01:29 AM

The Saints

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

I've been using UDTool since aught-seven, and I ain't about to stop now. You can take your 'multi functional and auto updating' widget and cram it. Sideways.

Anyway, what's going down in Owsleybank? I might be interested in some co-op, if you haven't had enough of me over the last month that is. Also, where the hell is Owsleybank?
Crotch of Tamerlane
Posted: Jan 6 2010, 01:54 AM

It's one the west edge of the map, slightly north of center.

Though for various reasons, I'm relocating to Darvall-and-whatever-the-hell-is-west-of-Darvall.
CiscoKitty
Posted: Jan 7 2010, 05:34 AM

Bounty Hunting Sex Kitten

Group: Illuminati
Member No.: 2

I use UD-Tool. Although I saw UD Widget and tried to get it but the computer Godz hate meh. Will resume efforts to make it work soon though. smile.gif
Revenant
Posted: Jan 24 2010, 02:14 AM

Initiate

Group: Bounty Hunters
Member No.: 25

QUOTE (lynch @ Jan 6 2010, 12:29 PM)
I've been using UDTool since aught-seven, and I ain't about to stop now. You can take your 'multi functional and auto updating' widget and cram it. Sideways.

Anyway, what's going down in Owsleybank? I might be interested in some co-op, if you haven't had enough of me over the last month that is. Also, where the hell is Owsleybank?

Auto-Updates were first used in UDTool, actually, and were the only reason I hung onto it so long. When I worked out how to use the corresponding feature in udWidget, I dropped UDTool like it was hot, because literally every other feature had been superseded by a better tool.

It is, of course, your right. To quote an old friend of mine, "Everyone is entitled to their own, wrong, opinion." wink.gif
tookey23
Posted: Jan 24 2010, 07:42 PM

Journeyman

Member No.: 30

QUOTE (Crotch of Tamerlane @ Jan 4 2010, 09:05 PM)
That brings me to your gear. Your loadout. The shit you carry.

As you can see in Cutter's thread, she favours carrying a fuck-ton of loaded weaponry. Josh likes to have some medical supplies. I like neither. My ideal loadout looks like this:

1 knife (Axes do more damage per AP, but it's very rare that your target's HP is a multiple of 3, so that extra damage is often wasted.)

1 flak jacket (No shit.)

5-6 loaded pistols

4-5 loaded shotguns

Enough pistol clips to get me up to 88% encumbrance

1 fuel can (98% encumbrance)

1 generator

With that, I am fully self-sufficient. There would be room for five more clips if I had someone else with me to carry either the generator or fuel at 98%. My weaponry of choice means that I have to be better in my scouting than Carrie, as I will probably have to spend some AP on reloading. It also means that I have to be more careful around zombies, as I don't have the FAKs to fight infection like Josh. But what my setup does give me is a combination of flexibility (those 4-5 shotguns are typically pulled out when I'm worried that I'm getting too low on AP to finish the target with my revolvers) and longevity, which is a big issue with me. With that many clips, I can go a long damn time without heading back to a mall to restock, which is damn important for the monthly challenges.

EDIT: Related to my comments on the benefits of having a partner to carry gas for you - anyone wanna team up in Owsleybank? No? Fine, fine...

I carry a christmas tree.

Yes its heavy but have you ever been pissed off xmas shopping and just wanted to take out the muppet who took the last Star Wars lego dollie ?
« Next Oldest | Knowledge Base | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0370 seconds · Archive