Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to CJ3B Bulletin Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Home

CJ-3B Bulletin Board

Welcome to the CJ-3B Bulletin Board, the forum of The CJ3B Page. Everyone is invited to view the postings here, but you must register as a member in order to post messages. The moderator reserves the right to remove items posted. Items may be archived on the Tech Tips page. If you post a problem, please follow up by posting the solution when it is found, as it will likely be useful to other readers. For forums covering other Jeep models, see the bottom of this page.

Search for keywords or phrases anywhere in the CJ-3B Bulletin Board using Google. Enter key words here.

Google
WWW CJ-3B Bulletin Board

Best Build of my 58-3B Engine, Rebuild is complete
dcook
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 10:38 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,206

I have completed the rebuild of my original 1958 Navy 3B engine. It is running Sooo Sweet thanks to all of you who contributed info and specs on the Carb, and compression ratios. I tried to find my original posting, but could not so I'm starting a new one. I drove it about 45 miles on the county roads around my Durango Colorado home this weekend. It ran like a 3B sewing machine. My original concern was to make it run at altitude, and thanks to the carb detail I received, it is build with the correct metering rod & jet for an "SA" Carter. It has the first step lean combination. I will have to wait until late June to get up to the 10,000' plus jeep trails however.
This is to say THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE HELP!! I'll contribute some pictures when I get some worthy. I plan to go to Canyon Lands Utah at the end of April for a Men's Retreat. That will be it's first chance to work out it's "Garage Cramps"
the-mace
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 08:49 PM

Member No.: 709

Do you have any pictures you could post?"

--------------------
Jerry Macy
Lebanon NH

61 CJ3B (current Project)
64 CJ3B basket case
?? CJ5 not home yet for parts
dcook
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 05:26 PM

I do have some old pictures, but I am in the middle of installing a complete new wiring harness. When I get that done, I'll get some new pictures that will be more representative of my finished project.
JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING & SUMMER!!!
dcook
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 12:27 PM

Here are a couple of current Pic's of my 58-3B, ready for my trip to Canyon Lands Utah in a couple of weeks. It is now running very well, is all street legal, and is sporting a brand new set of "Collector Plates". I drove it to the gas station and filled it up yesterday, so now I can calculate mileage on my new engine.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
bob in NC
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 01:42 PM

Member No.: 63

sweet. nice job
captjoe
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 04:31 PM

Capt. Joe

Member No.: 996

Nice job! The Jeep has a great simple, tough look to it.

Are the side steps original? If not, what is their source? I have only seen available the ones with the poke-a-dot treads.
Regards,
Capt. Joe

--------------------
One piece, one part, one project at a time in the shop, but their all going in my head!
1964 CJ3B, MD Juan body, pretty darn close to stock, under restoration, gettin' close to done, I think!
dcook
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 10:19 PM

Yes the steps were on the Jeep when I bought it 20 years ago. Although they are a little straighter now. I have tried to keep this as a simple safe daily driver. It is a Navy Jeep with the brass plate, and all the numbers match. I had already bought and installed Rancho springs, 11" brakes, and converted to manual Saginaw steering before I learned that there were not that many Navy CJ3B Jeeps out there.
After I took these Pic's this morning, I put about 100 miles on it. I took it up to the snow at about 9000 ft. It sure drives nice, but it is still running too rich with the first lean metering rod for a 938SA.
« Next Oldest | CJ-3B Rebuilders Posts | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0723 seconds | Archive

Other Willys Jeep forums:

This-Old-Jeep has forums covering all models.
The CJ-2A Page has a CJ-2A Message Board.
There is also a CJ-3A Page Forum.
For CJ-5 and Dauntless V6 postings, see the Early CJ-5 Bulletin Board.
The Old Willys Forum is dedicated to wagons and pickups.
Surrey Gala and Dispatcher Jeeps are under DJ-3A Dispatcher Posts.
The M38/M38A1/M606 Preservation Group has a forum.
For other CJ and military Jeeps, see the g503 Message Boards.
See the Forward Forum for Forward Control Jeeps.
To post ads for other Willys parts or Jeeps, see the WillysTech Buy/Sell/Swap Message Board.
For tech problems with other Willys models, try the WillysTech e-mail list.
The Bantam Trailer forum covers Jeep trailers.