Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to CJ3B Bulletin Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Home

CJ-3B Bulletin Board

Welcome to the CJ-3B Bulletin Board, the forum of The CJ3B Page. Everyone is invited to view the postings here, but you must register as a member in order to post messages. The moderator reserves the right to remove items posted. Items may be archived on the Tech Tips page. If you post a problem, please follow up by posting the solution when it is found, as it will likely be useful to other readers. For forums covering other Jeep models, see the bottom of this page.

Search for keywords or phrases anywhere in the CJ-3B Bulletin Board using Google. Enter key words here.

Google
WWW CJ-3B Bulletin Board

FS: Miscellaneous Jeep parts, shipping from 83709
Doug
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 01:03 PM

Boise, Idaho

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 8

Nothing spectacular in here, just a bunch of little stuff I have laying around that I'd like someone who really needs them to have. Buyer to pay all shipping costs. If it fits in a USPS flat rate box, I will ship it that way.

Early speedo $20 OBO. Yes the needle is broken off, but by spinning the whole thing, I can see the remainder of the needle assembly easily move and bounce back to 0. Unsure if the odometer works or not. SALE PENDING

user posted image

Here we have spring clips and spring clip plates. There is a complete set of spring clips there, including the wider one for the front. I had the set on a rolling chassis I had here for awhile - they never saw the road. Some light rust due to being outside, but still very good shape. The clip plates are used. The piece where you mount the shock is bent on several. How about $5 a piece for the plates and clips OBO?

user posted image

Next up:
Used choke and throttle controls: $5/each SOLD
Used headlight switch (no knob): $10 SOLD
Used clutch control lever: $5
Clutch release cable with yoke clevis: $10
Bow bracket: $10
Later model clutch pedal: $5
Used S Brake lines: $5 for both SOLD
Used hood catch set (surface rust, both are still pretty strong): $5 for the set SOLD
Used instrument panel light cover: $5 SOLD

user posted image

--------------------
1963 CJ3B - F134 Hurricane, T-90C, D-18, 5.38s, Overdrive, 938YF, 12V alternator
1969 Bronco - 302, 3sp, D-20
My YouTube Channel Photobucket
oldtime
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 06:43 PM

Member No.: 3

Doug, That's a nice little pile of stuff !

--------------------
1953 TRANS-VINTAGE CJ-3B / AC 4693 fuel pump / YF 938 SD / Hurricane / 9-1/4" Auburn clutch / T90-C / 2.46 ratio D-18 / Warn O.D. / 5.375 final drive / Powr Lok Front + Rear / Dualmatic drive flanges / deluxe Koenig half cab / 12 volt generator
2nd full re-build using the best from all vintages of CJ-3B

1964 OPTIONAL-STOCK CJ-3B Tigertop / Transport yellow (orange)
Currently serving as my one and only DAILY DRIVER

St Louis
Bob
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 08:49 AM

Bob

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

I'd be interested in the choke and throttle cable if they slide in and out nice.

--------------------
Bob
1953 CJ3B
1965(?) CJ5
2004 Kubota l3400
Doug
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 09:19 PM

Boise, Idaho

Bob,

Sorry for the late reply. I just went out and made sure they both slide well - they do. I would probably put a bit of your favorite lube in them after 50+ years, but they slide every bit as good as the new-ish ones I have in the jeep now.

there is one problem with the Choke cable. Please refer to the pic below - I don't know the proper names for the parts, so I labeled them. Part "A" is normally crimped into part "B." On this one, part "A" broke free from part "B." Not sure if that can be easily fixed or if it matters since part "A" is clamped at the carb anyway.

Let me know what you think.

user posted image

--------------------
1963 CJ3B - F134 Hurricane, T-90C, D-18, 5.38s, Overdrive, 938YF, 12V alternator
Bob
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 08:41 PM

Bob

Member No.: 77

Wonder if it could be brazed? What do the knobs look like? Are the T and C clear?

--------------------
Bob
1953 CJ3B
1965(?) CJ5
2004 Kubota l3400
Doug
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 08:58 AM

Boise, Idaho

Bob,

I'll post up some better pictures of the cable this afternoon when I get home. That way you can see exactly what is broken and where and can make a determination on what can be done to fix and if it would be worth it. I'll also grab a pic of the knobs. They're definately readable.

Edit:

Here are the pics, Bob,

First, you can see where the two sections separated at the crimp:

user posted image

Knobs

user posted image

--------------------
Bruce W
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 07:17 PM

Member No.: 100

PM sent. ( I think ). BW

--------------------
Bruce Walker
Northeast Colorado
'53 CJ3B "Nellybelle", '48 CJ2A "Uncle Lyndon", '47 CJ2A "Teddy", '47 CJ2A "Rusty", '47 CJ2A "Zak", '43 GPW "Sarge", '88 XJ "Pluto"
Don
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 07:25 PM

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Doug @ Apr 6 2012, 09:58 AM)
Bob,

I'll post up some better pictures of the cable this afternoon when I get home. That way you can see exactly what is broken and where and can make a determination on what can be done to fix and if it would be worth it. I'll also grab a pic of the knobs. They're definately readable.

Edit:

Here are the pics, Bob,

First, you can see where the two sections separated at the crimp:

user posted image

Have you tried to screw it back in? Sometimes they'll go back in with a bit of work. If it goes, then back it part way out and put a bit of "glue" RTV ,etc on the "threads" then screw back into the housing.

Good luck. No promises.

--------------------
Don Norris
Southeast, NC

1953 CJ3B
1959 Jeep Pickup
195? M100 trailer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The trail never ends
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If lovin' Jeeps is wrong,
I don't wanta be right.
« Next Oldest | CJ-3B related Buy / Sell Posts | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0694 seconds | Archive

Other Willys Jeep forums:

This-Old-Jeep has forums covering all models.
The CJ-2A Page has a CJ-2A Message Board.
There is also a CJ-3A Page Forum.
For CJ-5 and Dauntless V6 postings, see the Early CJ-5 Bulletin Board.
The Old Willys Forum is dedicated to wagons and pickups.
Surrey Gala and Dispatcher Jeeps are under DJ-3A Dispatcher Posts.
The M38/M38A1/M606 Preservation Group has a forum.
For other CJ and military Jeeps, see the g503 Message Boards.
See the Forward Forum for Forward Control Jeeps.
To post ads for other Willys parts or Jeeps, see the WillysTech Buy/Sell/Swap Message Board.
For tech problems with other Willys models, try the WillysTech e-mail list.
The Bantam Trailer forum covers Jeep trailers.