InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Clive Cussler Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Treasure, Dirk Pitt #9
Ian Kharitonov
Posted: Mar 16 2006, 08:27 PM

Thriller Writer

Group: Members
Member No.: 96

Treasure ranks among my Top Five!!!
Easily the best terrorist plot ever!!
coach2709
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 06:10 AM

coach2709

Member No.: 7,564

I'm actually not finished with this book so I read all your reviews carefully so I would not ruin the ending but I have to say that this is the best book so far.

I am starting at the beginning and reading every book in order and so far every book I read is better than the rest. I know some of you guys are a little critical of this and that but I got to say that these books are phenomenal.

Maybe I'm not as critical as you or my standards are not that high but I love every book. Before this the biggest thing I would read were comic books (still do - great stories) but now I enjoy reading books again.

Clive Cussler is a great author. I cannot wait to start on Dragon. I am having a hard time thinking it will be better than Treasure but so far every book surpasses the previous in my opinion.
oswalder
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 03:23 AM

Special Projects

Group: CCForum admin
Member No.: 3,162

QUOTE (coach2709 @ Dec 7 2006, 12:10 AM)
Before this the biggest thing I would read were comic books (still do - great stories) but now I enjoy reading books again.

If I were an author this would be the biggest compliment I could possibly receive. I'd trade a million best sellers or newberry awards to know that my books get people to read when they otherwise probably wouldn't.

Glad you're here and glad you enjoy the books, coach!
QuinShang
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 09:46 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,700

treasure was my 1st clive cussler read and still my favourite thumbsup.gif
Infernorhythm
Posted: Dec 19 2006, 11:29 PM

The Red Baron

Member No.: 7,701

I read this one after Sahara, my first read. Treasure was far more straight forward and less complex, but still enjoyable. I have to agree, somethings left me hollow at the end, Hala and Dirk seemed weird (he's dating Lily, but he cheats on her with Hala, ok), Hala getting married (I don't remember her being married and not UN Secretary-General in Sahara), and the Cappestiere plot was unneeded and make no sense (so they destabilize countries, cut off trade, and charade around...for what exactly?), but the little bits made this book worth it: The flashback battle, the car chase through the mountains. Dirk, Al, and Findley's stand at a unnamed fort in a mine, and the Dirk vs. Ammar fight was great.

8/10

This post has been edited by Infernorhythm on Dec 19 2006, 11:29 PM
Guest :spgass
Posted: Sep 8 2009, 04:55 PM

Unregistered

I just finished reading Treasure last night. It was one of my favorites. I agree with the previous comments about the "historical" battle scene at the beginning and ski slope chase being awesome. The whole chapters around the crushing mill were also very enjoyable.

mgopilot
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 03:10 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,531

[QUOTE]Nick Kismet,Nov 18 2004, 08:34 AM]  I'm with Rob on this one actually.  My reaction to Treasure was a lot like my reaction to Cyclops.  It just didn't ring my bell in that first reading.  Maybe it was the shock of Clive's new style of storytelling.
However, the Alexandria Library stuff is pretty cool.  Hala Kamil was a heck of a lot more user friendly than Jessie LeBaron.  THe villains were great, and the thought of an immigrant invasion...well, it didn't happen quite like that, but there's no denying that its been underway for years.  Maybe that's not very PC of me, but I think the facts bear it out.
I think what rang flat was the criminal enterprise behind the scenes...the Capesterre family, and their generation long plot to...do what exactly?  Where was the net profit to their initial plot?  I thought everything was going just fine until that little revelation came along. This is something Clive has done more than once; he did it in Iceberg; remember that Oskar Rondheim was really Carzo Butera, street hood from Brooklyn?  It's okay if you don't, it was a non-essential plot point, just like the Capesterre connection.
But I've grown accustomed to some of the Cusslerisms, and can't deduct more than a point for that.  And Dragon is looming on the horizon; I need to save all my vitriol for that one.

For being better that Cyclops, in my opinion, Treasure gets an 8.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
I thought it was a 10, and gave it to my son for his first Clive Cussler novel to read.
>>>  Since then (2004) over 7 million invaders came in and 2 million left,  with 5 million more American crime victims from them (rapes, rip-offs, and burglaries) and more than 50,000 dead Americans from homicides of various types, mostly vehicular (when they have no license or insurance), and murders (Rep. Steve King, Iowa).  Now they want to give them amnesty and free health care We the People pay for (actually the national debt increases to where the interest kills future working Americans)----treason by any other name, with the Treaty Abrogated hundreds of times with Mexican Military Incursions and their help with maps and supplies to the invading hordes which include islamic terrorists in their midst........  sgaah.gif[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

This post has been edited by tonym5 on Sep 10 2009, 04:17 PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Clive Cussler Book Reviews | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1789 seconds | Archive
Untitled Document

CLIVE CUSSLER FORUM

Choose a user id, register today, and be a part of the world's largest active Cussler forum. no fees

Keep your email address here updated to ensure that you receive breaking news!

mayday the mediterranean caper iceberg raise the titanic vixen 03 night probe pacific vortex deep six cyclops treasure dragon sahara inca gold shock wave the sea hunters flood tide dirk pitt revealed serpent atlantis found blue gold valhalla rising fire ice the sea hunters 2 white death golden buddha trojan odyssey lost city sacred stone black wind dark watch treasure of khan arctic drift polar shift the navigator skeleton coast plague ship vin fizz the chase

clive cussler dirk cussler craig dirgo paul kemprecos dirk pitt al giordino matthew mcconaughey penelope cruz

author sign signing signed rare scarce club fansite fan site tony krome book used books rare book store library nautical maritime ocean sea adventure writing clubs collector's club collector's clubs Collectors clubs cussler's new book forum chat discussion collect cussler collection clive cussler forum ccforum message board

sahara the movie new sahara film crusader productions paramount morocco spain red tide sahara trailer movie trailer sahara preview clive cussler sahara