Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Clive Cussler Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

The Pharaoh's Scepter
Dear_Heart05
Posted: May 22 2006, 10:40 PM

Life Member

Group: CCForum Member
Member No.: 6,744

Hmmm... Either Al or Zavala tongue.gif
gamaytrout103
Posted: May 23 2006, 06:02 PM

Special Assignments Team

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,073

Okay I flipped a coin. Zavala's getting a girlfriend. I'm very intrigued by the idea of a three way cross-over. Thanks for the ideas guys. thumbsup.gif Let me see what I can do... smile.gif

Wilson planned to set the explosions off from Egypt so Sandecker arranged military transport for Pitt, Giordino, Austin, Zavala, and Matara. The plan to infiltrate the control center required that they split into three groups. Pitt and Austin would be responsible for stopping the bombs from being activated, Zavala and Matara would trap Wilson, and Giordino would guide them through the maze of corridors from the outside. His broken leg would keep him from entering with the others, but it didn't keep him from helping to neutralize this menace. They would meet an old friend of Austin's from his time with the CIA who was working on mapping out the opposition.
The flight to Egypt was long and it was agreed that they should all rest so that they would be ready for action when they landed. The only one who couldn't sleep was Matara. All she could think about was her failure. She had failed to keep the scepter safe and hidden away and now look what was happening. Even though she had been told it was safe, Wilson believed he had it and that meant he'd carry his plans through. She had to stop him.
Zavala woke up, and noticed Matara sitting by herself, looking out the window, lost in her thoughts. He had felt himself drawn to her since they had met, and this increased as he studied her sitting there, looking very like a queen should look; intelligent, regal, kind, and compassionate. She was also easily one of the most beautiful women he had ever met. He went over to her.
"Why so blue, Miss Matara?" Zavala asked smiling, sitting down beside her.
Matara turned her attention to Zavala and attempted to smile, "Its nothing, Mr. Zavala. Thank you for asking though."
"Please call me Joe," he said to her. "There are like three people who call me Mr. Zavala and I don't like any of them."
He was pleased that his comment received a soft laugh and a genuine smile. "And my name is Kamilah," she countered.
"Well Kamilah, now that we're on a first name basis, would you like to discuss what's bothering you?" he asked kindly. "I hate seeing you looking so sad, perhaps I can help."
Matara shook her head, "It's nothing really," she whispered barely audible.
Zavala stared for at her for a second. He wasn't fooled by her denial, but he decided that pushing her would only get her to close him out all together. At least she was talking. "Okay then lets change the subject. You can choose."
Matara was intrigued by this friendly, handsome man. She was very attracted to him. "Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself," she suggested.
"You first," he smiled.
They spent several hours talking and getting to know each other. Zavala finally convinced her to get some rest, and they both slept until the plane touched down.
Zavala turned to Matara and reassuringly whispered in her ear, "This will be over soon enough, querida."
They exited the plane and Pitt turned to Austin. "Where do we meet your friend?"
"He'll find us. I'm sure he won't leave us waiting long," Austin answered.
Austin proved correct. They were not standing there more than five minutes when a familar figure approached them.
"Kurt, its good to see you," Juan Cabrillo said happily pumping his friend's hand.
"Always a pleasure Juan. Its been years since we last saw each other. Our schedules just don't mesh," Austin said smiling.
"We'll have to do something about that," Cabrillo turned his attention to the others. His face reflected surprise and pleasure as he recognized Pitt and Giordino. They were just as surprised to see him. The reunion was very warm and happy.
"Talk about not seeing people for a while. Its good to see you two again," Cabillo said.
Giordino turned to Austin, "This is your old friend from the Agency?"
Austin laughed, "I swear I didn't know you had ever met. Juan and I worked together several times and we remained friends even after we both left."
Matara spoke up, "I hate to interrupt, but there is much we need to do and very little time."
Pitt nodded. "The lady is right. We'll catch up once this is all over. Juan, did you get the plans we need together?"
"But of course," Cabrillo answered. "Come with me and we'll go over them. I have the blue prints and I can give you a decent idea where the guards are posted, so we can get in successfully and stop this before it starts."
"We?" Austin repeated.
"Yes," Cabrillo said innocently. "I'm going with you guys."

This post has been edited by gamaytrout103 on May 23 2006, 08:59 PM
oswalder
Posted: May 23 2006, 09:23 PM

Special Projects

Group: CCForum admin
Member No.: 3,162

Yay!
Dear_Heart05
Posted: May 23 2006, 09:33 PM

Life Member

I agree with Erik on this one...YAY!!!!!!!
I really love how you're mixin it up, with the characters and all.
Its like a big PARTY!!!! party.gif
You go get her Zavala...you latin lover you! wub.gif laugh.gif
Im starting my story, I only hope its close to as good as yours. unsure.gif
gamaytrout103
Posted: May 23 2006, 11:20 PM

Special Assignments Team

"You're going to need more than two people to bypass the system and I've had more time to study the shut-down procedure," was Cabrillo's basic argument and it was a good one.
They quickly went over the plans and set off. Austin, Pitt, and Cabrillo headed directly for the control center, while Zavala and Matara decided to search for Wilson in the room he was using as an office. Each person wore a headset with a two way radio that could be switched on and off as needed so they could all communicate.
The corridors intersected in a multitude of places, turning the building into a maze, luckily Giordino was able to steer them through it.
"Take a right here," Giordino said to Pitt, Austin, and Cabrillo.
"Are you sure this is the right direction?" Austin asked. "We can't afford to get lost."
"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that," Giordino answered peevishly.
Pitt shrugged. "Lets just keep pushing forward. If he's wrong, we can kick his ass later," he said teasing Giordino.
"Oh ye of little faith. When was the last time I was wrong?" Giordino demanded.
"Why is it I am not at all comforted here?" Austin groaned in mock dismay.
Cabrillo rolled his eyes, "I hate to be the killjoy here, but since we are breaking and entering into a heavily guarded building where we are severly outnumbered, perhaps we should focus."
"Where's the fun in that?" asked Austin.
"Okay guys, joking aside for a second. According to the diagram you are really close, but there are about six guards standing around the next corner guarding the room," Giordino informed them.
"'About'?" Pitt asked, glancing at Cabrillo. "How do you get 'about' six guards?"
"There were six guards when I surveyed the defenses, but that doesn't account for all parts of the day. There may be more or less," Cabrillo said, shrugging his shoulders.
Pitt glanced around the corner quickly, confirming the fact that Cabrillo's information was correct. There were six guards, all armed but they seemed lethargic. Guard duty could be boring if there wasn't anything to guard against, and these guards were pretty relaxed. They had no reason to believe anyone was on to them. Pitt figured that if they struck quickly they could take out all the guards without raising the alarm. He turned to Cabrillo again, "You do good work."
"Three against six," Austin said smiling devilishly. "Not bad. We can each take two."
On Pitt's signal they sprung. The scuffle was short and the guards were quickly knocked out and tied up. They took three of the guards' uniforms, ID badges, and a key card that they hoped would open the door.
"Cross your fingers," Cabrillo whispered, sliding the card through the slot.
The little light changed from red to green and they were able to open the door. The room was filled wall to wall with computers.
In awe, Pitt said, "Can you imagine how much fun Hiram would have here?"
"Every computer guys' heaven," Austin agreed. He looked around the room and said, "Let's get to work guys. We have a lot to do."
Zavala and Matara were having a harder time locating their target. Finding a person tended to be more difficult then finding a room because people moved.
"Okay he's not in this area at all. You know this guy better than I do. Any idea where he'd go?" Zavala asked.
Matara though hard about it, going through a mental check list. "The roof," she said finally. "He'd be able to feel like a Pharaoh surveying his kingdom."
"Then off to the roof," Zavala said. Suddenly he froze and whispered, "Crap." He was certain he heard footsteps approaching. Zavala pulled Matara into a closet after him. He pressed his ear against the door so he could hear what was happening and know when they were in the clear.
The guard passed by without noticing anything amiss and they could continue.
"Al, you there?" Zavala asked.
"Nope," came the reply.
"Very funny. Can you get us to the roof safely?" Zavala asked.
"Can and will," Giordino said, giving them directions. "Keep in touch."
"Will do," Zavala responded.
Austin and Cabrillo had more experience in working with and more importantly disarming this kind of system because of their work with the CIA, so they were working on destroying the program for good so that it couldn't be easily reactivated. When they were done, the program to detonate the bombs would have to be completely rewritten from scratch. Pitt was keeping on eye out for guards.
He stiffened when he heard, "There were supposed to be guards here. Where are they?" Another voice answered, "Not sure. Hell, someone broke in. Here is one of the men on duty. We need to report this." He knew he needed to do something to stall the guards from calling for help. His mind raced as he tried to think of a way to stall for time. There were three guards and he didn't dare use his gun and risk detection. He didn't want to pull Austin and Cabrillo away from their work. They needed to keep this moving. Then it came to him.
He ripped his uniform like he had been on the loosing end of a fight and let Austin and Cabrillo know that he was leaving and they would need to watch their backs while they worked.
He lay down on the ground and dragged him self forward, groaning as if in pain. "Help," he cried, mixing a loud groan in with the word to make sure he had the guards' attention. Pitt was careful to keep his face hidden so that the guards wouldn't realize they didn't recognize him or worse would recognize him as the enemy. If that happened everything was over. They'd all be slaughtered and the disaster Wilson was planning would be set into motion. "I need help, please."
The guards rushed foward and one asked him, "What happened here?"
"Someone broke in," he told them. "We managed to kill them all, but they desimated us too."
"I need to report this," one of the other guards said, picking up his radio.
"Wait," Pitt cried, causing the guard to focus his attention back on Pitt. "Look over there and make sure those devils are dead," he said motioning to where they had stored two of the unconcious guards bodies. While the guards were distracted, he struck, knocking them both out and dragging them so they couldn't be seen.
"So far so good," he muttered under his breath. He just wished he knew how long they would remain that way.

This post has been edited by gamaytrout103 on May 23 2006, 11:25 PM
oswalder
Posted: May 24 2006, 03:23 AM

Special Projects

You have captured the banter between Dirk and Al quite well. thumbsup.gif
gamaytrout103
Posted: May 24 2006, 09:06 PM

Special Assignments Team

A large structure had been built on the roof, with a huge window on one side that overlooked the city.
Zavala glanced in one of the smaller windows and saw that no one was home. Pulling out a small leather pouch that contained an array of lock picks, he chose a large one that he thought would work and opened the door while Matara kept watch.
"He's not here either," she said, the disappointment in her voice obvious. "I really don't know where else to look for him."
"It looks like we just missed him, and I bet that he'll be back," Zavala said. "This cup of coffee is still hot and steaming."
Matara nodded. "Lets wait a bit. We can grab him when he comes in. This running around certainly isn't getting us anywhere."
While they waited, Zavala contacted the others to let them know Wilson was still unaccounted for and to suggest that they keep an eye out.
They didn't have to wait long. Wilson walked into the room less than ten minutes later. His shock was unmistakable as he looked up from the papers in his hand and realized he was staring down the barrel of Zavala's gun.
"Who are you?" he managed to stutter.
"My name isn't really of any importance here," Zavala said acidly. "Shut up, get down on the ground, and maybe I won't shot you."
Wilson managed to tear his eyes off Zavala's gun and refocused them on Matara. He sneered as he recognized her. "Why hello, Miss Matara. Too late again I see."
"What do you mean too late?" she demanded worriedly. She looked out the large window and thankfully seeing no distruction, turned back to Wilson. "We aren't to late. We're going to stop you!"
Wilson pulled out a small transmiter, and sneered wickedly. "When I press this button all the bombs will go off. I won't be stopped this close to victory!"
"I said on the ground," Zavala shouted. Outwardly he looked calm and composed, but inside he was very worried. He hadn't heard from the others recently and didn't know what was going on with the bombs.
Wilson threw his hands up as if in defeat and got down on his knees. Zavala saw a flash out of the corner of his eye and spun toward the door, shooting down the armed guard who had run in to the room. While he was distracted, Wilson charged grabbing Matara and pressing a knife against her throat.
Zavala's heart jumped into his throat. The gun came up, but it was useless as long as Wilson held her. He couldn't get Wilson without hurting Matara. His mind raced, when he noticed a movement in the shadows. He stalled for time. "What makes you think I'm going to let you leave with her?" he growled.
"You have no choice," Wilson said confidently.
"I disagree," a familar voice chimed from behind.
Austin stepped out of the shadows, gun aimed at Wilson's unprotected back. "Release her," he snarled.
Wilson considered his options. He was only protected up front while holding Matara, but he could go back to relying on the bombs if he got rid of her. He threw her away from him and grabbed the transmitter. Zavala caught her in his arms before she hit the ground.
"Back off or I'll set off all the bombs at once," he said, certain he had won.
Austin laughed. "Have fun with that," he told Wilson in all seriousness. "The system is disarmed and completely harmless now. That button won't do a darn thing."
Wilson pushed the button, but no explosions were heard. He pushed it frantically several more times.
Austin's confidant expression never faded even a little. "Its over Wilson. Don't expect help to come barging in here. The others are rounding up the rabble you hired. I would suggest giving up."
Wilson wasn't ready to give up yet. He still had one trick left. He pulled a little device and pressed a button, making sure to cover his eyes.
A blindingly bright light filled the room and then faded. While Austin and Zavala were recovering from the light, Wilson snatched a gun from his desk and went to shoot them. Before he could fire it, another gun sounded.
Wilson fell to his knees, looking up into the eyes of Matara, who still held the smoking gun in her hand.
"I won't let you hurt anyone else," she whispered fiercely, her eyes filled with determination.
Wilson collapsed to the ground and died.
Austin and Zavala had recovered by now and came over to her.
"Nice shot," Austin commented.
Zavala took his gun back and holstered. He then put his arms around her and kissed her cheek. She sighed and snuggled closer to him.
"How did you keep from being affected by that light?" Zavala asked her.
"Luck," she laughed. "It's about time I had some. My eyes were closed at the time it went off."
"Well, I think we're done here," Austin said. "Pitt, Cabrillo, and Giordino will be waiting for us."
Matara looked at Austin curiously. "How did you get in here anyway? I didn't see you come in the door."
"That's because I didn't come in the door. When Pitt, Cabrillo, and I finished with the bombs, we split up and I volunteered to find you two. Giordino told me you two were up here, but that he hadn't heard from you in a while so I rushed up. When I heard what was going on I decided the front door wasn't an option, so I sneaked in through one of the back windows."
Zavala eyed his partner's broad shoulders, and laughed. "That must have been fun."
Austin rolled his eyes. "Next time get trapped in a place with bigger windows."
They made their way out. The guards were turned over to the authorities and the bombs were found and removed in secret. Pitt, Giordino, Austin, and Cabrillo went off on separate, well-deserved vacations.
Zavala and Matara remained in Egypt to receive the scepter, which was shipped to them by Sandecker. They still had one more job to take care off before they were done.
"Are you sure you want to do this, Kamilah?" Zavala asked her.
"The scepter would never be safe on display somewhere. It is to powerful a sumbol and should have been destroyed decades ago, but my ancestors couldn't bring themselves to do it," she said quietly, staring at the kiln that was being used to melt the gold. "It was never meant to see the light of day again, and is better of a myth then as a actual piece in a museum. There will always be people like Wilson who crave the power of the Pharaohs. Believe me, this is for the best."
Zavala smiled and kissed her passionately, "Whatever you say cara."
Matara opened up the kiln. The gold had melted away so only the gems were left. They threw the gems to the bottom of the Nile. If they were ever found again, they were no longer dangerous.
Zavala pulled her close as they watched the gems sink to the bottom.
"So my dear, how does it feel?" he whispered to her.
She looked at him strangely. "How does what feel?"
"How does it feel to no longer be responsible for that thing?" he asked.
She closed her eyes, leaning against his chest. "Like freedom," she answered. Matara turned to face him. "Take me away from here."
"Where do you want to go?" he asked, leaning in to kiss her.
"Anywhere," she whispered, tilting her head up to meet his lips.
After a long kiss, Zavala laughed pulling her close to him. "That I can do," he whispered in her ear.

THE END- I hope you guys enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it! Thanks for all the support.

This post has been edited by gamaytrout103 on May 24 2006, 09:11 PM
Dear_Heart05
Posted: May 24 2006, 09:18 PM

Life Member

YAY!!!! party.gif Another story!!! Another story!!!
Fantastic Job Gamay! Well done. thumbsup.gif
tonym5
Posted: May 24 2006, 11:05 PM

Philosopher, Pirate, Poet, Poseidon & The Admiral

Member No.: 23

A terrific job, Gamay!!!! I love it!!!! Please write some more stories!!! wave.gif
oswalder
Posted: May 25 2006, 01:43 AM

Special Projects

yikes.gif That can't be it! Are you sure Wilson didn't somehow survive and sneak out the same window Austin snuck in? Maybe one of the bombs really did go off. I need more!

Seriously, really great job Gamay. The storyline was tightly woven and the characters believable. You have a very natural style and I hope to see more from you in the future!

thumbsup.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | FAN Fiction | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1818 seconds | Archive
Untitled Document

CLIVE CUSSLER FORUM

Choose a user id, register today, and be a part of the world's largest active Cussler forum. no fees

Keep your email address here updated to ensure that you receive breaking news!

mayday the mediterranean caper iceberg raise the titanic vixen 03 night probe pacific vortex deep six cyclops treasure dragon sahara inca gold shock wave the sea hunters flood tide dirk pitt revealed serpent atlantis found blue gold valhalla rising fire ice the sea hunters 2 white death golden buddha trojan odyssey lost city sacred stone black wind dark watch treasure of khan arctic drift polar shift the navigator skeleton coast plague ship vin fizz the chase

clive cussler dirk cussler craig dirgo paul kemprecos dirk pitt al giordino matthew mcconaughey penelope cruz

author sign signing signed rare scarce club fansite fan site tony krome book used books rare book store library nautical maritime ocean sea adventure writing clubs collector's club collector's clubs Collectors clubs cussler's new book forum chat discussion collect cussler collection clive cussler forum ccforum message board

sahara the movie new sahara film crusader productions paramount morocco spain red tide sahara trailer movie trailer sahara preview clive cussler sahara