Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Clive Cussler Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Vahalla Rising-Next DP Movie??, Fooled Me- For a Minute
boissee
Posted: Nov 2 2006, 01:59 AM

In a better place...

Group: CCForum admin
Member No.: 246

Check this out, there is a movie in pre-production called Valhalla Rising. Alas upon further investigation it is just a coincidence that the name of the movie is the same as a book by our fave author.

Is that copyright infringement?????

IMDB.com
Nick Kitt
Posted: Nov 2 2006, 05:34 AM

Special Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,411

No,technically,titles can't be copyrighted unless it contains a trademarked name in the title. Even then, the actual words outside of the trademarked material also can't be copyrighted. For example,with INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE, I could use THE LAST CRUSADE OF NICK KITT (no jokes now) with no problem. There is another movie called SAHARA from the forties,a horror flick called CYCLOPS,a documentry called ATLANTIS FOUND ?, a Louis L'Amour western called BLACK WIND,a martial arts flick called DRAGON and the list goes on. Besides, wouldn't you know if there was a DP movie in production with this crowd around? Remember,as long as this is in court,no ONE can make a Dirk Pitt movie ANYWHERE on this planet.
DirkPitt
Posted: Nov 2 2006, 08:17 AM

Special Projects Director
Group Icon

Group: CCForum ADMIN
Member No.: 1

VALHALLA RISING

IN DEVELOPMENT

Shooting April 2007 in Scotland and Louisiana

Action Adventure.

SHORT SYNOPSIS

Harald is living a silent and miserable life captured at the chieftain Barde at Katanes in Scotland (around 1000 A.D.). Barde thinks that Harald is set on earth ’only as a gladiator’ and forces him to participate in bloody tournaments on which Barde makes a lot of money.

One day Harald finds an old axe head and a slow awakening starts; he wants to get out of his apathetic darkness. By help from the ten-year-old slave Are he succeeds to escape Barde and burns down his farm. Are wants to go home to Norway but Harald still has unfinished business in Scotland – Bardes son Kenneth whom he also defeats. Among Kenneths belongings Harald finds an amulet, which help him to regain further pieces of his memories – maybe he can find out where he really comes from and who he really is?
Harald and Are join a group of Norwegian vikings who are going back to Norway to re-conquer the estates they lost when King Olav christened the land.
But in the Northern Sea their ship is attacked by an enormous and continuous storm. They get lost and is brought out from the world they know and into a completely new and strange – they continent later to be known as America.
Without any possibilities of getting back they start exploring and conquer the unknown. They sail up the river and set out through the swamps and over land.

They meet formidable natives and are confronted with their own madness and are struck by illnesses and unexplainable phenomenons. While the friendship between Harald and Are is strengthened, Harald realizes that not only are they on their way to the ”heart of darkness” but also towards the re-conquest of his own destiny. A heavy darkness has been upon him since he was five years old. Now he can enlighten it if he is just able to kill what on this unbelievable journey has transformed his from animal to human – what is the prize of humans?

link
loren1
Posted: Nov 2 2006, 12:55 PM

loren1

Member No.: 48

Thanks Tony, it looks like it could be very interesting.
Empress
Posted: Nov 2 2006, 01:19 PM

Shipwreck Empress

Member No.: 3,331

Sweet, Clive Cussler meets Joseph Conrad ,part of which is set close to my hometown, I'll have to check it out.

The CC and JC reference purely mine and is in no way meant as a collaberation between the movie and the authors. I take full responsibility for the comment being mine and in no way does it reflect the views of anyone on the CCF.

Man I need more coffee laugh.gif
loren1
Posted: Nov 2 2006, 01:58 PM

loren1

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Nick Kitt
Posted: Nov 3 2006, 05:22 AM

Special Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,411

Throw a little vodka in that java and then go dancing !!!!
Empress
Posted: Nov 4 2006, 02:19 AM

Shipwreck Empress

Member No.: 3,331

QUOTE (Nick Kitt @ Nov 2 2006, 11:22 PM)

Oh man, there is no way I'd ruin Jamacian Blue Mountain that way. But a Monopolova Bloody Mary, sounds like a good start to a weekend smile.gif
loren1
Posted: Nov 4 2006, 09:11 PM

loren1

QUOTE (Empress @ Nov 3 2006, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (Nick Kitt @ Nov 2 2006, 11:22 PM)

Oh man, there is no way I'd ruin Jamacian Blue Mountain that way. But a Monopolova Bloody Mary, sounds like a good start to a weekend smile.gif

The Bloody Mary sounds good Julie. beersmilie.gif here's to the weekend!!
davietait
  Posted: Feb 8 2007, 09:53 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,648

Story in my local paper today that some of Valhalla Rising is to be filmed where I live. Really excited until I went on-line and found out that it isn't the Valhalla Rising that I thought it was going to be. Damn! Would have tried to get a part as an extra!
oswalder
Posted: Feb 9 2007, 03:32 PM

Special Projects

Member No.: 3,162

You still should. They pay pretty well sometimes and you get to be in a movie! boat.gif
Dear_Heart05
Posted: Feb 10 2007, 03:57 AM

Life Member

Group: CCForum Member
Member No.: 6,744

I am so completely confused right now...it's not even funny. huh.gif Help me out people...now....is this a real movie???

Woops! Never mind...I sorta forgot to read the posts before Tony's.
Hehe, silly me. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Dear_Heart05 on Feb 10 2007, 04:01 AM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Movies ... Sahara ; Raise the Titanic | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1898 seconds | Archive
Untitled Document

CLIVE CUSSLER FORUM

Choose a user id, register today, and be a part of the world's largest active Cussler forum. no fees

Keep your email address here updated to ensure that you receive breaking news!

mayday the mediterranean caper iceberg raise the titanic vixen 03 night probe pacific vortex deep six cyclops treasure dragon sahara inca gold shock wave the sea hunters flood tide dirk pitt revealed serpent atlantis found blue gold valhalla rising fire ice the sea hunters 2 white death golden buddha trojan odyssey lost city sacred stone black wind dark watch treasure of khan arctic drift polar shift the navigator skeleton coast plague ship vin fizz the chase

clive cussler dirk cussler craig dirgo paul kemprecos dirk pitt al giordino matthew mcconaughey penelope cruz

author sign signing signed rare scarce club fansite fan site tony krome book used books rare book store library nautical maritime ocean sea adventure writing clubs collector's club collector's clubs Collectors clubs cussler's new book forum chat discussion collect cussler collection clive cussler forum ccforum message board

sahara the movie new sahara film crusader productions paramount morocco spain red tide sahara trailer movie trailer sahara preview clive cussler sahara