InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Clive Cussler Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Surfing on Mars
tonym5
Posted: Feb 3 2010, 02:56 AM

Philosopher, Pirate, Poet, Poseidon & The Admiral

Group: CCForum admin
Member No.: 23

Kim Masters rode the elevator down to the bridge. Stepping onto the bridge after the doors slid silently behind his back, Kim was startled when he saw the crew frozen like statues. All heads staring at the viewport. The viewport was empty and dark. Hesitantly, Kim sat down into his chair. Pressing his code into the small control panel, he brought up all the vital information. Everything seemed normal. Stumped, Kim stood up and walked over to Evelyn Beers' desk where he looked into the eyes of his EO and noted her eyes were purplish. Slowly he walked around the bridge looking into the eyes of everyone and noted that all of them had the same coloring. He had taken each of their pulse and they were definitely alive but immobillized. Striding back to his seat, Kim sat back down and typed a message to Earth headquarters. The viewport came alive and a face appeared. the face of an Alien being. Similar Human appearances were obvious. the Eyes and what looked like a nose. No mouth. "Cmdr. Masters, I am Zyrkon of Mystrekonaquar. Your crew are under my control as you have noticed and will be following my directions for them to reach my planet in the CVP-459KX Constellation. It will take approximately 40 of your human hours to reach my home. Once you have reached my planet I want to meet you immediately and discuss a very important matter. Thank you and and I am waiting to receive you and your crew" After the Alien face disappeared from the viewport Cmdr. Masters typed another message to Earth. Suddenly the spaceship, TsunaMori, moved through space faster than the speed of light, the spaceship disappeared from the Solar System in less than three seconds and flew out of the Milky Way in less than 10 minutes. Just several hours earlier, Cmdr. Masters had been enjoying a skiing excursion on the planet Mars. Now he was traveling through the Universe and at such a high speed that his mind could not comprehend let alone notice anything of the Universe itself.
tonym5
Posted: Feb 3 2010, 03:13 AM

December 2080 AD. Back on Earth at NASA HQ, Director Otis Benning was reached on his wristphone and informed of the events that had occurred on the TsunaMori while in orbit around Mars. Otis, a portly and bespectacled bureaucrat did not like his situation of having to contact Washington, D.C. Finally he mustered up the strength and pecked out the number on his wristphone. "Yes, Mr Benning? What is so important that you have to contact me for?" "Sir, the TsunaMori has been commandeered remotely and is now flying into deep space towards the planet Mystrekonaquar in the CVP-459KX Constellation and Cmdr, Masters has informed us that he is to meet an Alien race on that planet for an important meeting. Is there anyway we can locate that location and fly someone out there?" "Are you nuts?!" replied President Lyman Pitt.
tonym5
Posted: Feb 3 2010, 03:30 AM

Less than a month away from leaving the White House, President Lyman Pitt sat staring at the walls of the Oval Office at the dumbfounding news of a spaceship having been commandeered remotely by an Alien race. The new President to be inaugurated on January 20, 2081 AD will have to deal with this, thank god, because I am out of here, President Pitt thought. The computer on the desk flashed an incoming message. Looking down at the screen President Pitt typed in the commands to answer the message. The message window opened and a message from his father, Dirk Pitt the Third appeared. "Have you decided yet to join me and your mother this weekend on the Eastern shore, son?" President Pitt typed "Yes, I will join you and so will the family. Thank you for the invitation, father" It was going to be an idyllic life, resting, writing and recreation for the soon to be retired President. Having been defeated in his bid for a second term, Lyman Pitt was looking forward and not dwelling on his defeat. It had been a tiring experience running the nation and her space colonies.
tonym5
Posted: Feb 3 2010, 04:00 AM

Later at Dinnertime, President Pitt and his wife, son Alexander and daughter-in-law Alysson were enjoying their meal when a Secret Service man quietly slipped a message into the Presidents hand. "President DeMars wishes to talk with you, sir' was the simple message on the piece of paper. "Excuse me for a few minutes" as he stood up and walked out. President Nathanael DeMars, the new President stood just outside the Cabinet room in the west wing as President Pitt approached. "Welcome to the west wing Mr. President" President Pitt said. "Shall we go in and discuss the TsunaMori incident, please" said President Pitt. Sitting at the long table where the cabinet meetings occur they eyed each other warily. "I have been informed, sir, and find this appalling and yet an opportunity to follow up on a yet little noticed project NASA has been working on for years. I am sure you are aware of the project, Mr. President. As you may have surmised my brother Forrest, your NSA Advisor informed me about the project. It is not a breech of security that I should be informed of this before my inauguration. Are we going to use this technology to approach that planet and take back our people and learn a few things that may help us in the long run as far as technology is concerned?" "Mr. President, I think it would behoove us to go so far as to use a technology that is still in development and approach that planet without setting off a war with an alien race that may be further along than we are" "But Mr. President, we could step up that program and accelerate it to the point that would send our men and technology into deep space and advance our agenda, sir" "President DeMars, as far as I am concerned my time is running out and it would be to your advantage to wait until after your inauguration, sir" "Very well, Mr. President, I will see you soon at my inauguration, sir"
tonym5
Posted: Feb 8 2010, 05:38 AM

1886 AD. "Gerneral Miles is a respectable man, Mr. Davis, and I am well acquainted with him. Just because I am riding here in the back of the troop with you and the others does not diminish my importance as a medical officer and am only riding here as a sign of respect towards the General" "I am sorry, Leonard but as a writer on this journey it is my job to know certain things and just because my friend, Walker Shelburne, Lieutenant Gatewood and Captain Lawton are riding up front with the General I did not mean to diminish your participation, sir" "Mr. Davis, as an Army Contract Physician, it is my job to be on hand in cases of emergency" Riding next to Leonard Wood and Britton Davis as they conversed Sergeant Linwood Masters took it all in and smiled inwardly at the thought of being involved in the pursuit of the great Geronimo, the last wild Indian. Later that night in camp Sergeant Masters wondered if he should make the Army his career or find something else that would matter more. Turning over on his side his hand brushed against a rock and he pushed it aside without a thought. Later on, Linwood awoke from a dream and looked to his side and looked at the rock. Slowly he reached out and caressed the rock. The rock was smooth and he jumped. Again he reached out and this time picked it up. Despite the darkness of the night sky he thought it looked greenish in his hand.
tonym5
Posted: Feb 16 2010, 12:41 AM

"This morning early, I sent a couple of men to complete the covering of the cache, which could not be done well last night in the dark. They soon accomplished their work and returned. Late last night Drouilliard returned with a fawn he had killed, and a considerable quantity of Indian plunder. Among the plunder was a strange greenish, smooth rock" Journal Entry by Captain Meriweather Lewis, 22 August 1805
tonym5
Posted: Feb 16 2010, 12:59 AM

August 17, 1774 AD. "I beseech you, Benjamin, to not dismiss me so lightly as it would be egregious to dismiss me from the great halls of our Masonic lodge. George? Would you be so kind to disagree with Benjamin? Thomas? Are you in agreement or disinclined to dismiss me from our shared oaths of allegiance to this most hallowed of institutions?" Vlad Traxel looked at the three men with tears in his eyes and slowly looked at the four others sitting at the same table. "Are all of you in agreement that I am no longer in favor of your respect and my devoted loyalty that I have sworn my life to the same goals as you?" "Hand over the stone, Vlad and walk out with what dignity you still have" said Thomas Jefferson. "Fine, I will leave but the stone will never leave my posession" growled Vlad. Walking at a brisk pace before anyone could jump up and stop him, Vlad disappeared out the door.
tonym5
Posted: Feb 16 2010, 01:04 AM

Ward Masters left the table and ran out the door but did not see which direction Vlad had taken, Striding back into the meeting room, Ward fumed. "Gentlemen, Vlad is a dangerous man and can not be trusted. God only knows what he will use the stone for but it will not be good that I can assure you. I have to ride now to see to the upcoming birth of Mr. Lewis' son, who is due any day now"
tonym5
Posted: Feb 16 2010, 01:10 AM

On October 10, 1809 Meriweather Lewis stopped at an inn on the Natchez Trace called Grinder's Stand, about 70 miles from Nashville, Tennessee. Lewis requested a glass of whiskey almost as soon as he climbed down from his horse. After he excused himself from dinner, he went to his bedroom. In the predawn hours of October 11, the innkeeper heard gunshots. Servants found Lewis badly injured from multiple gunshot wounds. He died shortly after sunrise.
tonym5
Posted: Feb 16 2010, 01:18 AM

Sid's bloodied face and bruised body was witness to Meriweather's fight for survival. Barnaby fared better but was just as bruised. Vlad looked at the two with grim satisfaction. Having found one of the green stones in Meriweather's pouch only confirmed to Vlad of a deposit out in the mountains of the far western parts of the Louisiana purchase. Having intercepted Meriweather on his travel back to the capital city of Washington, Vlad had sweet revenge because he had taken the life of Meriweather Lewis, a beloved friend of the President.
tonym5
Posted: Jun 29 2010, 02:46 AM

January 20, 2081 AD. "And in conclusion, I will be more active in our space program and our colonies here in the solar system and beyond. It would behoove my nature not to be lax in these affairs. Therefore, I will be an active President compared to my predecessor. It would do us all a great disservice not to keep our affairs in order but to be on guard for any and all potential problems here on Earth and beyond" President Nathanael DeMars looked at the crowd and then turned around and took in all the eyes of those who were sitting behind him. There was fire in President DeMars look as if he were defying any and all those who would stand up to him. Turning back to the crowd on this sunny but cool day and the new President felt he was alive with a burning fire to achieve greatness.
tonym5
Posted: Jun 29 2010, 02:58 AM

Despite the large suite he was staying in, Kim Masters knew he was a prisoner of these alien humanoids that he and his crew were prisoners of. Having held several meetings now with the leaders of the Planetary Council of Ministers, Kim was disheartened at the lack of progress on his part. Most frustrating of all was that he and his crew were kept apart. The entrance door swooshed open and ExAgrenMiou stepped towards him. "I have come to take you on a tour of our submarine city Atembui. There are many things we are proud of and hope you can enjoy this trip. Come.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | FAN Fiction | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0981 seconds | Archive
Untitled Document

CLIVE CUSSLER FORUM

Choose a user id, register today, and be a part of the world's largest active Cussler forum. no fees

Keep your email address here updated to ensure that you receive breaking news!

mayday the mediterranean caper iceberg raise the titanic vixen 03 night probe pacific vortex deep six cyclops treasure dragon sahara inca gold shock wave the sea hunters flood tide dirk pitt revealed serpent atlantis found blue gold valhalla rising fire ice the sea hunters 2 white death golden buddha trojan odyssey lost city sacred stone black wind dark watch treasure of khan arctic drift polar shift the navigator skeleton coast plague ship vin fizz the chase

clive cussler dirk cussler craig dirgo paul kemprecos dirk pitt al giordino matthew mcconaughey penelope cruz

author sign signing signed rare scarce club fansite fan site tony krome book used books rare book store library nautical maritime ocean sea adventure writing clubs collector's club collector's clubs Collectors clubs cussler's new book forum chat discussion collect cussler collection clive cussler forum ccforum message board

sahara the movie new sahara film crusader productions paramount morocco spain red tide sahara trailer movie trailer sahara preview clive cussler sahara