InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Clive Cussler Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Clive Cussler Fan Mail
DirkPitt
Posted: Mar 23 2010, 07:51 AM

Special Projects Director
Group Icon

Group: CCForum ADMIN
Member No.: 1

We get a lot of fan mail directed to this site and guests just wanting to leave a short note before movng on. Please use this topic for such messages. There is no guarantee that Clive will recieve the messages but you never know!

There are many emails sent to this site from fans trying to get in contact with Clive and these will be posted to this topic. If the authors of the emails have any objection to this arrangement, the posts will be removed upon request.

Messages deemed important by members here close to Clive may be sent directly to him so be sure to leave contact details within your post.
Posted: Mar 23 2010, 09:42 AM

Unregistered

Hello,to the fansite.. Im Minakshi dey from India Kolkata...Im a hugh fan of Clive cussler & his books...My fav book is Shockwave....I want to know about the ships which is still underwater(I read about them on the sea hunters)...Why these ships were not preserved...I dont find people much interested in them but they are interested on fake stories....I wish i could spread some information about them to the Children...They must know about american history,im not an american but i am so obsessed by old ships & their past stories....Those are in underwater...
Anyways,thank you to Clive cussler for the great books....Someday i would like to meet him.....If you can please send him my blessings.....
A fan from India
Minakshi dey
Posted: Mar 24 2010, 05:29 AM

Unregistered

hats-wrong ones sent I am trying to get the numa store to respond to my two e mails and one snail mail letter that I have sent. It's been 3.5 months and no luck. They did manage to bill my visa correctly. Walt Woodbury woodbuwer@earthlink.net

Posted: Mar 24 2010, 08:39 AM

Unregistered

Dear Dr. Cussler,

My name is Leah Myers and I am writing on behalf of Bill Steele, Boy Scouts of America’s director of Alumni Relations and the National Eagle Scout Association.

We sent a letter in the mail dated December 31st 2009 seeking permission to publish a biography about you in our upcoming book Eagle Scout Stories: Tales from the Trails of Scouting’s Highest Rank. I have included the letter from Bill Steele below for your review. We thank you very much for your time.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

January 28, 2010

Dear Eagle Scout Clive Cussler,

This year marks the Boy Scouts of America’s 100th Anniversary. In honor of this milestone, the National Eagle Scout Association is compiling a distinctive book entitled Eagle Scout Stories: Tales from the Trails of Scouting's Highest Rank. The first section of the book will include a history of the BSA, a short history of NESA, and a compilation of half-page biographies from approximately 65 individuals, like you, who are notable Eagle Scouts.

I’m writing to ask if you would approve of being included in this book as a notable Eagle Scout. If you prefer not to be included, please contact me by January 31, 2010 at bill.steele@scouting.org, or by telephone at 972-580-2436. If you would like to be included, we would also greatly appreciate a photo of yourself that you would like to see alongside your half-page biography. This photo can be mailed to my attention at the BSA national office, or an electronic version can be e-mailed to me. Photographs received on or before February 1, 2010 will be included in the publication.

We have hired a freelance writer who contributes regularly to many BSA resources to research and write the biographies. If you would like to provide us with a quote as to what Scouting has meant to you, or how being an Eagle Scout has affected your life, we would appreciate that very much. We could add this information to your biography. This information should accompany the photo and be received on or before February 1, 2010.

The remainder of Eagle Scout Stories will include submissions from hundreds of other Eagle Scouts. The National Eagle Scout Association is inviting all Eagle Scouts to submit a personal story from their Scouting days for inclusion in this volume.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

C. William (Bill) Steele, Director

National Eagle Scout Association

Boy Scouts of America

Posted: Mar 25 2010, 11:00 PM

Unregistered

I am now reading The Chase. I see you mention Flathead Lake, Woods Bay, Kalispell and Rollins. I was born in Kalispell and my family still owns the land right in Woods Bay where I grew up. I am very curious to know if there is any chance there really was such a railroad line to the Bay. I never heard of one while a child and have seen no indications of one. I wrote somewhat of a history, including of my fathers work in the area there, and he was on the road jobs that opened the east shore of the lake from the south end up through Woods Bay. The west side of the lake was actually opened up much earlier. I did see a spur line on the west side.

I have pictures of some of the things from earlier times and one is of a sort of barge that carried supplies and such to the east shore. In fact, I recall as a child being ferried across the Flathead River north of Bigfork at Holt. There was not even a bridge at that point of the river until about 1950-52.

Do you have any historic basis for the railroad spur on the east shore, or was that a fabrication for the story? I don't mind if it is false, but I am curious because it is a new idea to me.

I greatly enjoy your books. I also enjoy the cars as my father and I collected cars when I was a kid and I helped him restore some.

Vernon Corban
Posted: Mar 26 2010, 05:16 PM

Unregistered

Can you tell me the significance of using the name Leigh Hunt in so many of your novels? He always seems to be a Captain of various vessels.

Thanks,
Wally Creel
malason
Posted: Mar 29 2010, 08:54 PM

Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 180

Mr. Cussler...I feel I have know you for 20 or 30 years because that is how long I have been waiting for each new book. I have them all. I find if I just wait a few years I can read them again...I just saw the movie 2012 and I think parts of it were from one of your book about ships built to save a select few due from the earth core eruption.

My idea of a great day is to have the leisure time to read one of your books while I relax on my front porch with a glass of ice tea.

Mary

This post has been edited by malason on Jun 29 2010, 06:48 PM
Posted: Apr 3 2010, 12:05 AM

Unregistered

Hello Mr. Cussler; I was wondering since you have worked on so many sea novels. What if you and any of your friends might in secret put together a plan to put the sea pirates out of business. I thought that maybe something like your ship that the govt. used in some of your books. Sorry can't think of the name of those books. Getting a medium sized freighter and outfitting it to be a camaflaged mini warship to end their reign of terror on the high seas. I am sure that there are quite a few exmilitary personell that would be willing to man the ship.
tonym5
Posted: Apr 3 2010, 03:15 AM

Philosopher, Pirate, Poet, Poseidon & The Admiral

Group: CCForum admin
Member No.: 23

pirate.gif This old Pirate will seek to join that crew to eliminate the competition. pirate.gif
Posted: Apr 9 2010, 01:03 AM

Unregistered

Please contact me about the Bonhomme.

Thank you,

Clint Guthrie
PO Box 382076
Birmingham, AL 35238
clintguthrie@yahoo.com

Posted: Apr 11 2010, 08:52 AM

Unregistered

Aloha Mr Cussler,

My name is Chad Tanner a massage therapist and resident of the Big Island of Hawaii. I also enjoy your books.
I was working on a client reciently and he mentioned that he has found what he believes a shipwreck of one of Cortez's ships that was on it's way to the spice islands. He has two years of journal entries and was wondering where he could find help publishing his findings. I told him about you and he said that he has read a couple of your works and gave me permission to contact you. His name is Brian Allen. He is looking for help with publishing and would like to dive on the wreck with someone experienced and someone that he doesn't feel will want to steal his findings.
alohasofttouch@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon

Chad Tanner BSWAM, CMT, LMT
Posted: Apr 22 2010, 10:55 AM

Unregistered

Clive,

Just a note to say how much I have enjoyed many of your books - at 51, and not a fervent
reader, I was recently introduced to Sahara. It included many of my passions - high
speed power boats, Ironclads, classic cars, and strong loyalty among co-workers. I have
been devouring your books since then. I am in the middle of "Sea Hunters", a subject
close to my heart.

We share a similar appreciation for the ironclads - perhaps it is the innovative, grass
roots efforts by creative problem solvers motivated with fundamental need for survival.
They have always intrigued me, and I enjoy the way you bring them to life. To me, the
ironclads are not unlike the story of the P-51... 6 months from design start to a fully
operational fighter that dominated the skies.

You and I are on different ends of similar interests - we both love the unique mechanical
stuff, but while you are the researcher and writer, I am more the engineer and designer. I
am a BSME, and an engineer turned product manager for a company that makes Semiconductor
capital equipment. Never thought I would log over 800,000 flight miles globally as an ME
to represent my products.

My fleet includes a 1940 Cadillac V8, 1967 RS/SS350 Camaro ragtop,17' ski boat, 1960
Tollycraft 19 Cruiseteer, 1970 27' Uniflite twin screw Cruiser, 2 Triumph Tridents and
some other stuff. Most are projects, but projects I love nonetheless.

I know you are a busy man, and likely unable to address all your correspondence
personally. However, in the unlikely event your travels take you to the San Luis Obispo
Coast of California (must be some shipwrecks out here to find!), please do look us up (my
wife and daughter are enjoying the books as well). If you do make your way out here (your
family is most welcome as well) you can expect a fine home cooked meal, home made wine (we
grow the grapes) and some fun conversation.

Thanks again for the hours of fun we get reading your thoughts.

Best regards,

Larry Rabellino
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Clive Cussler | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1351 seconds | Archive
Untitled Document

CLIVE CUSSLER FORUM

Choose a user id, register today, and be a part of the world's largest active Cussler forum. no fees

Keep your email address here updated to ensure that you receive breaking news!

mayday the mediterranean caper iceberg raise the titanic vixen 03 night probe pacific vortex deep six cyclops treasure dragon sahara inca gold shock wave the sea hunters flood tide dirk pitt revealed serpent atlantis found blue gold valhalla rising fire ice the sea hunters 2 white death golden buddha trojan odyssey lost city sacred stone black wind dark watch treasure of khan arctic drift polar shift the navigator skeleton coast plague ship vin fizz the chase

clive cussler dirk cussler craig dirgo paul kemprecos dirk pitt al giordino matthew mcconaughey penelope cruz

author sign signing signed rare scarce club fansite fan site tony krome book used books rare book store library nautical maritime ocean sea adventure writing clubs collector's club collector's clubs Collectors clubs cussler's new book forum chat discussion collect cussler collection clive cussler forum ccforum message board

sahara the movie new sahara film crusader productions paramount morocco spain red tide sahara trailer movie trailer sahara preview clive cussler sahara