InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Clive Cussler Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Lost Empire review
Nick Kismet
Posted: Sep 4 2010, 02:39 AM

Adventure Novelist...no, really!

Group: CCForum admin
Member No.: 2,724

Here's a review of Lost Empire from Ed Homa at Megalith Blogspot
Lost Empire, the second Sam and Remi Fargo thriller by Clive Cussler and Grant Blackwood has been released. And like the first one, Spartan Gold, it is a breath of fresh air!

The Fargo Adventures seems to be the redheaded step child in the hierarchy of Cussler series after Dirk Pitt, Kurt Austin/NUMA Files and the Oregon Adventures. The series doesnít feature as outlandish villains or adventures as the other Cussler series and the Sam and Remi are almost like Ď50ís throwbacks. The Fargo series doesnít take itself as seriously and is a little more lighthearted than the other series in the Clive Cussler/Dirk Pitt Universe of adventures.

In Lost Empire the Fargos are on vacation treasure hunting in Zanzibar when they find a sunken, mysterious bell. The bad guys appear shortly after and the fun begins! In this case the bad guy is Quauhtl Garza, the President of Mexico and his band of rogues. Mexican nationals showing up in Zanzibar, just what is going on? What could they have in common with the treasure hunting Fargos? It seems that the mystery of the bell can bring down the Garza government and the Fargos are in the middle of the fight for power! Right from the beginning the Fargos are chased by a hit squad over land and sea. The go from exotic locale to exotic locale as hunter and hunted. The plot takes many twists and turns as you would expect from any Cussler novel. If you are a fan of Cussler novels you will feel right at home here.

The Fargo Adventures doesnít take itself as seriously as the other series in the Cussler stable but it might be the most fun. I donít know how Cussler and co-writer Grant Blackwood split the chores, but I would suspect that Blackwood does most of the heavy lifting. The two books in the series so far have a very easy-going with a readable style that suits the series and makes it a light and easy read. This series is currently one of my favorite series being published. As stated above it is a breath of fresh air in the deadly serious and grim world of thrillers. My only complaint is why the paperback of Spartan Gold and Lost Empire are being released at the end of the summer? These books are perfect summer reading, be it at the beach, the pool, on vacation or at home relaxing!

If you are looking for a fun read run out and get either of the books in the Fargo Adventures!

A note, if you missed Spartan Gold, the first Fargo Adventure it is now out in paperback. And Raise the Titanic, arguably the best of the Dirk Pitt adventures, is now out in the $9.99 paperback format. If you havenít read RTT or want to reread it this might be the format to pick it up, I know my aging eyes appreciate this larger size paperback.
MG Mal
Posted: Sep 18 2010, 08:28 PM

Featured Member

Group: CCForum Member
Member No.: 6,825

Link below to Waterstones(UK) for a sample of UK dust cover artwork.

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/...empire/7914951/
Malloy
Posted: Sep 28 2010, 08:58 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,840

Good evening!

Did nobody read it yet? I am through with it and I would like to discuss, without spoiling anything for those who haven't...
MG Mal
Posted: Dec 11 2010, 08:43 PM

Featured Member

Group: CCForum Member
Member No.: 6,825

We don't have it in the Uk yet, but once it's available I will happily discuss it with you.

Mal.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Clive Cussler | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0950 seconds | Archive
Untitled Document

CLIVE CUSSLER FORUM

Choose a user id, register today, and be a part of the world's largest active Cussler forum. no fees

Keep your email address here updated to ensure that you receive breaking news!

mayday the mediterranean caper iceberg raise the titanic vixen 03 night probe pacific vortex deep six cyclops treasure dragon sahara inca gold shock wave the sea hunters flood tide dirk pitt revealed serpent atlantis found blue gold valhalla rising fire ice the sea hunters 2 white death golden buddha trojan odyssey lost city sacred stone black wind dark watch treasure of khan arctic drift polar shift the navigator skeleton coast plague ship vin fizz the chase

clive cussler dirk cussler craig dirgo paul kemprecos dirk pitt al giordino matthew mcconaughey penelope cruz

author sign signing signed rare scarce club fansite fan site tony krome book used books rare book store library nautical maritime ocean sea adventure writing clubs collector's club collector's clubs Collectors clubs cussler's new book forum chat discussion collect cussler collection clive cussler forum ccforum message board

sahara the movie new sahara film crusader productions paramount morocco spain red tide sahara trailer movie trailer sahara preview clive cussler sahara