Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Clive Cussler Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

new film ?
markus10b
Posted: May 22 2011, 08:08 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,303

Having read a number of mr cussler books ,i would have thought that there where a few very good films in there ,so im suprised that no film company have taken them up,but still a good read on a dive trip pirate.gif
Mikedadski
Posted: May 22 2011, 04:00 PM

Special Member

Member No.: 8,880

Agree. Raise the Titanic (in my opinion) didn't do much for me as a movie even though it may be my favorite of all the books. Sahara I enjoyed a lot but I think the legal issues turned what could have been a great thing into something much less. Dirk and Al were very well done and a repeat performance would be excellent.
DirkPitt
Posted: May 23 2011, 03:19 AM

Special Projects Director
Group Icon

Group: CCForum ADMIN
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Mikedadski @ May 23 2011, 12:00 AM)
Agree. Raise the Titanic (in my opinion) didn't do much for me as a movie even though it may be my favorite of all the books.

How about a "Director's Cut" of Raise the Titanic? Cut out all the sluggish scenes and re-edit it for more impact. titanic.gif
Mikedadski
Posted: May 23 2011, 04:05 AM

Special Member

QUOTE (DirkPitt @ May 23 2011, 03:19 AM)
QUOTE (Mikedadski @ May 23 2011, 12:00 AM)
Agree. Raise the Titanic (in my opinion) didn't do much for me as a movie even though it may be my favorite of all the books.

How about a "Director's Cut" of Raise the Titanic? Cut out all the sluggish scenes and re-edit it for more impact. titanic.gif

It would be worth seeing what they could do. Not having Al in it is a struggle for sure.
rowan
Posted: May 27 2011, 09:02 AM

rowan

Group: CCForum Member
Member No.: 293

That would make for a 3 and 1/2 minute movie.
Dudester
Posted: Jun 1 2011, 05:37 AM

Advanced Member

Group: members2
Member No.: 6,579

Pre 1970's, Hollywood had a place in system wherein a Producer or Director got a script and the script was followed to the letter. When the studio system collapsed, movies became star led efforts. One of the unfortunate effects of the collapse was that hack writers were placed on sets so that quick re-writes could be done if the actor "wasn't feeling it man".

In Sahara, it was said that Dirk and Al were former Navy SEAL's. Really ?

A movie only portrays a book if the Director and everyone else involved in the project really love the book. Lord of the Rings is an example of doing it right. Of course, the studio spent a lot of money making the first LOTR movie and it would have been a costly blunder for the studio if Frodo and Samwise were a pair of stoned hitch hikers in the Mojave desert on their quest. So, what happened with Raise the Titanic ?

It was obvious that the studio called around and just plugged in out of work actors in the project-didn't matter that they were 100% wrong for the part they were cast for.

And so, with all that said, the only way a Clive Cussler book will become a movie done right is if the Director/Producer are lovers of the book and the actors in the project don't have the star power to order re-writes.

I have a great script that I know will become a great movie. If I can get that movie made, a re-do of Raise the Titanic is project number four.

1) First, Clive will have to be convinced that it's a worthwhile effort. To that end, he will approve scripts if he's not on set.

2) Relative unknowns should be used in the roles to make the roles believeable. That, and if the movie takes off, they can reprise their roles in the next Cussler project.

3) There will have to be two versions of the movie due to the nude scene. Theatrical release will have to have bare back and shoulders up. DVD release will be the full monty to increase DVD sales. Also, with an unknown in the role of Dana, we won't get one of those "non nudity clause" actresses.

Project number five will be Night Probe. That's a story very much wortn telling.

Project Six will be Deep Six. The battle between the re-enactors and terrorists is just pure fun. Besides, with all the partisanship in D.C., it will be easy to sell a story about a possible coup.
Guest :Nick Kitt
Posted: Jul 11 2011, 02:56 AM

Unregistered

It is obvious that no one here really knows what they are talking about. The only notable exception is Mikedadski, whose sharp observation that it was the legal issues that made the great film SAHARA something much less then what it could have been ,is spot on along with his opinion about that Dirk & Al were extremely well done and a repeat performance would be not only excellent,but most welcome. Good call,Mikedadski !!
Mikedadski
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 04:20 AM

Special Member

QUOTE (Guest :Nick Kitt @ Jul 11 2011, 02:56 AM)
It is obvious that no one here really knows what they are talking about. The only notable exception is Mikedadski, whose sharp observation that it was the legal issues that made the great film SAHARA something much less then what it could have been ,is spot on along with his opinion about that Dirk & Al were extremely well done and a repeat performance would be not only excellent,but most welcome. Good call,Mikedadski !!

Thanks for the kind words! Clive is an amazing and a real first class man.

We were fortunate to attend a signing for Black Wind where he and Dirk signed books for us. Amazing!

I'll never forget is his hand written Eagle Scout letter to my son. Well done and inspirational. Clive is an Eagle also and I believe he received his in '47.

Only challenge I have is getting to read his latest book first as my son is quicker at getting them then me!
tonym5
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 02:14 PM

Philosopher, Pirate, Poet, Poseidon & The Admiral

Group: CCForum admin
Member No.: 23

Like I said before it will take ONE Screenwriter who loves the Cussler novels and a cast without stars and a Large budget. And at least 3 years or more between movies. pirate.gif
mungo
Posted: Feb 11 2013, 06:54 AM

Member No.: 9,422

[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=7]After the Titantic fiasco Clive said he would never make another movie. I'm sure other producers wanted to option his books for a movie, but he said no. Now that he has the reputation of being a PIA I doubt anyone will want to work with him.

The part of Al Giordino was horribly written apparently for comic relief.
Guest :Nick Kitt
Posted: Feb 11 2013, 11:24 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (mungo @ Feb 11 2013, 06:54 AM)

I couldn't disagree more with that notion. Steve Zahn captured Al almost perfectly in relation to McConaughey's Dirk. The chemistry between the two leads not only mirrored the novels but was one of the best things about the film, which, in itself, give life and breath to Cussler's world.
Mikedadski
Posted: Feb 12 2013, 02:51 AM

Special Member

QUOTE (Guest :Nick Kitt @ Feb 11 2013, 11:24 PM)
QUOTE (mungo @ Feb 11 2013, 06:54 AM)

I couldn't disagree more with that notion. Steve Zahn captured Al almost perfectly in relation to McConaughey's Dirk. The chemistry between the two leads not only mirrored the novels but was one of the best things about the film, which, in itself, give life and breath to Cussler's world.

I also enjoyed the character of Al. The dynamics between Dirk and Al was outstanding. thumbsup.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Movies ... Sahara ; Raise the Titanic | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1080 seconds | Archive
Untitled Document

CLIVE CUSSLER FORUM

Choose a user id, register today, and be a part of the world's largest active Cussler forum. no fees

Keep your email address here updated to ensure that you receive breaking news!

mayday the mediterranean caper iceberg raise the titanic vixen 03 night probe pacific vortex deep six cyclops treasure dragon sahara inca gold shock wave the sea hunters flood tide dirk pitt revealed serpent atlantis found blue gold valhalla rising fire ice the sea hunters 2 white death golden buddha trojan odyssey lost city sacred stone black wind dark watch treasure of khan arctic drift polar shift the navigator skeleton coast plague ship vin fizz the chase

clive cussler dirk cussler craig dirgo paul kemprecos dirk pitt al giordino matthew mcconaughey penelope cruz

author sign signing signed rare scarce club fansite fan site tony krome book used books rare book store library nautical maritime ocean sea adventure writing clubs collector's club collector's clubs Collectors clubs cussler's new book forum chat discussion collect cussler collection clive cussler forum ccforum message board

sahara the movie new sahara film crusader productions paramount morocco spain red tide sahara trailer movie trailer sahara preview clive cussler sahara