InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

#740 A Single Moment of Happiness
HeroicJay
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 12:27 AM

Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,207

Poor Ultros, can't even get being an Annoying Recurring Wannabe RPG Villain right.

So... this is going to go south soon. Is Ultros going to wake up, oooorrr...

This post has been edited by HeroicJay on Nov 15 2011, 04:07 AM
enlong
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 12:30 AM

Citizen

Member No.: 447

Right. Because Ultros is a threat to...

Well, without magic, they...

no, wait, without magic, all Ultros has is Tentacle.

Carry on.
Gaius
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 12:55 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

Well, I'd say it's less that Ultros is an issue than "Chupon can sneeze out everyone but Celes." Then the former Imperial General will have to take on both of them at once! Poor Celes! ... With... With all of her maxed-out stats... dry2.gif Yes... What danger she is in. Especially with all the combat practice Ultros has gotten as a receptionist, and Chupon has gotten putting his allergies to good use. Not speedbumps at all.

Also, is it just me, or does the Matron (old lady just below Cyan) look really funky from the back? Shouldn't her hair look gray, and not like a generic scholarly dude's?
EDIT: Ah, wait. She on the left and the scholarly dude on the right just switched places. ... I'm... at a loss for why. Small art error?

This post has been edited by Gaius on Nov 15 2011, 12:58 AM
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 01:39 AM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

Is Chupon waiting there patiently, trying to rouse Ultros, or does he just like watching Ulty sleep?

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
HeroicJay
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 02:07 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,207

QUOTE (Gaius @ Nov 14 2011, 05:55 PM)
Also, is it just me, or does the Matron (old lady just below Cyan) look really funky from the back? Shouldn't her hair look gray, and not like a generic scholarly dude's?
EDIT: Ah, wait. She on the left and the scholarly dude on the right just switched places. ... I'm... at a loss for why. Small art error?

They switch back in panel 12, so it's probably a mistake.

Other things I noted:

- That one guard totally missing that Ultros and Chupon are just a few feet away. Failed a spot check much?

- Strago, not Cid, walks Celes down the aisle. Indeed, Cid's not even present. Guess Alex let him die in his game?

- Speaking of characters being present, hey, look, it's Duane and Katarin! And the Impressario!

This post has been edited by HeroicJay on Nov 15 2011, 02:11 AM
mordain
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 02:47 AM

Codewalker

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 72

- That one guard totally missing that Ultros and Chupon are just a few feet away. Failed a spot check much?

They're around the corner. TOTALLY INVISIBLE.

- Strago, not Cid, walks Celes down the aisle. Indeed, Cid's not even present. Guess Alex let him die in his game?

To be fair, Cid was a bitch to save, and I'm not entirely sure I believe you could. </jokingbutonlyalittle>

- Speaking of characters being present, hey, look, it's Duane and Katarin! And the Impressario!

He did a good job at the random cameos, definitely.

--------------------
Live and learn - or die and teach by example.
Sir Donald
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 03:39 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (mordain @ Nov 14 2011, 10:47 PM)

To be fair, Cid was a bitch to save, and I'm not entirely sure I believe you could. </jokingbutonlyalittle>

You needed a guide to know which fish not to get, and it didn't give you any real benefit in-game.

Anyway, anyone else used the 2nd movement of the Ending theme from Final Fantasy 4 for this scene?

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
Tonberry2k
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 03:50 AM

Veteran

Member No.: 54

I heard the FF4 ending in my head as well. Same setup and everything. Cid must be dead. It is entirely possible to save him, but the game makes more sense if you let him die, so I'm convinced he wasn't supposed to live.
And I love that Strago walked her down the aisle. A great touch. As are the notable NPCs who showed up.

EDIT: Is that Prince Ralse? And I'm going to say that the woman is Lola. Just because.

This post has been edited by Tonberry2k on Nov 15 2011, 03:54 AM

--------------------
user posted image

Sam: Norm you look down, what's wrong?
Norm: New boss chewed me out. Said I "Lack enthusiasm".
Cliff: Well, is that true?
Norm: I, uh I dunno. Maybe. Who cares?
SorataYuy
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 09:25 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,252

If it's been a few years, Cid could have just died from old age and general wear-and-tear from living through the World of Ruin and the restoration. He was supposed to already be pretty old during the game's events, anyway.
jaimehlers
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 01:47 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,261

It's been a year after Kefka's defeat.

And Cid is not that difficult to save. Save before you start getting fish; if you get a good one, feed it to Cid, then save again. If not, reset and try again until you do.

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
MFD
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 02:23 PM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

I bet you cheated and hacked Aeris back into the game too.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
SorataYuy
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 04:34 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,252

You don't even need to save-scum - just catch the medium and fast speed ones.

This post has been edited by SorataYuy on Nov 15 2011, 04:35 PM
Tonberry2k
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 04:59 PM

Veteran

Member No.: 54

...But it's still not worth it.

--------------------
user posted image

Sam: Norm you look down, what's wrong?
Norm: New boss chewed me out. Said I "Lack enthusiasm".
Cliff: Well, is that true?
Norm: I, uh I dunno. Maybe. Who cares?
Reifan00
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 05:13 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,270

Well, that depends on what kind of player you are... some people (myself included) have to save everybody they can, even your supposed to have people die left right and centre. It makes me feel bad if I have to let someone die to get the best ending (unless the game made them totally insufferable pains in the rear that I want to die...)

--------------------
Silver figure, the fire burns, purifies through the tragedy. See, A shiver deep, runs through the flesh and blood - penetrates
Ti-Phil
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 05:20 PM

Citizen

Member No.: 471

I do love Edgar giving the shifty look while holding the autocrossbow to make sure no one say something against that union.

--------------------
jaimehlers
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 05:35 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,261

QUOTE (MFD @ Nov 15 2011, 09:23 AM)
I bet you cheated and hacked Aeris back into the game too.

That makes as much sense as me accusing you of deleting your save in an RPG and starting over if your party died because you didn't manipulate the RNG using save files. No, I never hacked games, nor did I use a Gameshark, nor did I ever do anything besides reload from game save files. And I don't do that in multiplayer games.

Let me put it this way. If a player is willing to go to the extra effort to reload from a save until the RNG gives up the outcome they want, then I see no problem with it. It's not as if they're modifying the game's code to force the game to give them that outcome.

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
Knight
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 06:37 PM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I think it was more an exaggerated joke than an insult or accusation.
MFD
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 07:07 PM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

Whoa. People take me seriously nowadays, huh?

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 09:38 PM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (MFD @ Nov 15 2011, 03:07 PM)
Whoa. People take me seriously nowadays, huh?

Well, you do have that distinguished and authoritative air that comes with age.

26 is when the brain stops developing and you officially stop growing and start decaying, after all.

This post has been edited by Zap Rowsdower on Nov 15 2011, 09:40 PM

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
Gaius
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 10:44 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

QUOTE (Zap Rowsdower @ Nov 15 2011, 09:38 PM)
26 is when the brain stops developing and you officially stop growing and start decaying, after all.

Ooh, really? I'd always heard it was 25.
Sweeeeeet. ^__^ One more deterioration-free half-year~
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0881 seconds | Archive