Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (215) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Games 'n Stuff
mordain
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 06:22 AM

Codewalker

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 72

The Games thread is dead, long live the Games thread!

Link to the last few posts of the old games thread, before it borked.

--------------------
Live and learn - or die and teach by example.
Algasir
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 06:23 AM

Green hair!

Group: Members
Member No.: 140

R.I.P Games thread.

*salutes*
Knight
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 06:24 AM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Why the sink survives while others die still confuses me. Over sixty five thousand posts and still going strong.
Red Silvers
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 06:24 AM

Emperor

Member No.: 45

So... I forgot to get HD cables for my 360.

icon_wall.gif

--------------------
"Speaking of being terrible at games, Red fumbling with the blocks in Magnet Man's level has to be seen to be believed. If the definition of insanity has to do with expecting different results upon trying the same thing, then he must be one of the most insane people I've ever known." - Brickroad

The Guardian Legend - By Red Silvers (VLP): Our Red Silvers continues to find the weirdest worksafe pictures of the game's protagonist, a plane that transforms into a waifu.

Super Metroid - By Red Silvers (VLP): I think it's safe to say at this point, that Samus ain't leaving her suit once Red Silvers finally gets around the finishing this game.

Fantastic Dizzy - By Red Silvers (VLP): Fresh off his recent run of Super Metroid, Red Silvers tackles yet another, err... classic? (Egg-scuse me for being confused about Red Silvers' next choice.)
mordain
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 06:25 AM

Codewalker

QUOTE (Knight @ Feb 17 2011, 10:24 PM)
Why the sink survives while others die still confuses me. Over sixty five thousand posts and still going strong.

I am pretty sure we could lose pages and pages of Sink and no one would ever notice.

--------------------
Knight
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 06:25 AM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

You might have a point there.
Algasir
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 06:26 AM

Green hair!

QUOTE (Red Silvers @ Feb 18 2011, 12:24 AM)
So... I forgot to get HD cables for my 360.

icon_wall.gif

The 360 is supposed to come with it's own HDMI cable. I remember because I had to buy another one for my PS3 because IT didn't come with one.
Red Silvers
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 06:28 AM

Emperor

Member No.: 45

Mine came with standard AV cables, and the paperwork says the HDMI are sold seperate.

Could be because I have the newest model?

--------------------
"Speaking of being terrible at games, Red fumbling with the blocks in Magnet Man's level has to be seen to be believed. If the definition of insanity has to do with expecting different results upon trying the same thing, then he must be one of the most insane people I've ever known." - Brickroad

The Guardian Legend - By Red Silvers (VLP): Our Red Silvers continues to find the weirdest worksafe pictures of the game's protagonist, a plane that transforms into a waifu.

Super Metroid - By Red Silvers (VLP): I think it's safe to say at this point, that Samus ain't leaving her suit once Red Silvers finally gets around the finishing this game.

Fantastic Dizzy - By Red Silvers (VLP): Fresh off his recent run of Super Metroid, Red Silvers tackles yet another, err... classic? (Egg-scuse me for being confused about Red Silvers' next choice.)
Drekal
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 06:41 AM

Birthday Ninja

Member No.: 10

That's... pretty much what everyone does in MMOs. I'm fairly certain that Ou has at least one person of every class in WoW within ten or twenty levels of the level cap. At various points in my career playing the game I've had five or six different classes capped.

True. But they also generally have to pay to continue playing.

Also, MMOs typically actively encourage this kind of playstyle to get people to play the game longer. Without any real encouragement from the game, I went out and did this. What the hell do you think I'd do if I went into an MMO? You'd never hear from me again!

... Is that the sound of people secretly plotting to get me to play an MMO I hear? It's not? Good.

--------------------
That which holds the image of an angel...
user posted image
Amy: You do have a plan, don't you?
Doctor: Of course I do!

New Objective: Think of a plan.
mordain
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 06:51 AM

Codewalker

QUOTE (Drekal @ Feb 17 2011, 10:41 PM)

They also have the ability to socialize while you play (option, rather, plenty of people don't), and generally more places to level in than a single dungeon. Some even add content regularly! tongue.gif

(and no, I'm not trying to get you to play an MMO, I'm just giving my standard response to "Them thar MMOs are a ripoff, I can play FF349 as much as I want without paying a monthly fee!". That said, most MMOs are dying/horribly imbalanced/blatant WoW ripoffs, pick two or even three in some cases)

--------------------
Ou des
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 06:52 AM

Clockwork Contraption

Member No.: 18

QUOTE (Mordain)
That's... pretty much what everyone does in MMOs. I'm fairly certain that Ou has at least one person of every class in WoW within ten or twenty levels of the level cap. At various points in my career playing the game I've had five or six different classes capped.

At one point in WotLK they were all level capped. I just can't work up the enthusiasm for more grinding lately.

This post has been edited by Ou des on Feb 18 2011, 06:52 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Algasir
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 06:55 AM

Green hair!

QUOTE (Red Silvers @ Feb 18 2011, 12:28 AM)
Mine came with standard AV cables, and the paperwork says the HDMI are sold seperate.

Could be because I have the newest model?

Maybe? I got mine in 2008(?). It was also an Elite version as well.
Drekal
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 06:58 AM

Birthday Ninja

QUOTE (mordain @ Feb 18 2011, 06:51 AM)
QUOTE (Drekal @ Feb 17 2011, 10:41 PM)

They also have the ability to socialize while you play (option, rather, plenty of people don't), and generally more places to level in than a single dungeon. Some even add content regularly! tongue.gif

(and no, I'm not trying to get you to play an MMO, I'm just giving my standard response to "Them thar MMOs are a ripoff, I can play FF349 as much as I want without paying a monthly fee!". That said, most MMOs are dying/horribly imbalanced/blatant WoW ripoffs, pick two)

I'm not mocking MMOs, or saying they're a ripoff. I'm saying that I have an addictive personality, and if I went in there I'd be gone. Forever. It's not so much a commentary about the games as it is about who I am.

This is a strategic measure to avoid that as much as I can, while still enjoying the RPG genre. Does that make sense? This way really does work better for me. Besides which, I always suck in multiplayer situations, be they co-operative or not. I just don't enjoy it. There really isn't anything there that interests me in any MMO.

--------------------
user posted image

mordain
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 07:02 AM

Codewalker

I would note I said socialize, not actually play with other people. Grouping is another beast entirely.

And I wasn't really trying to argue with you, I was simply giving a standard response to an argument that a lot of people use against MMOs. While I think the genre has plenty of things wrong with it, a monthly fee isn't always one of them.

"I have an addictive personality" is, and kudos for realizing this and avoiding such. Although... not very well, since it seems you've sunk a ton of hours into Dragon WarriorXVIIIQREST (no, I don't know what number it was). tongue.gif

--------------------
Drekal
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 07:05 AM

Birthday Ninja

That's the trick, though. I'll probably be done with DQ9 in a month. Then I can move on, focus on other things. MMOs, how much time would that take for me to "finish"?

--------------------
user posted image

Ou des
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 07:06 AM

Clockwork Contraption

Member No.: 18

Well, the average person quits forever in less than 5 hours. So you'd have a decent shot of getting out before it's to late tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Drekal
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 07:10 AM

Birthday Ninja

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to argue about this or anything. I'm just expressing how I feel on MMOs and why I will never play them. I completely get why people enjoy them and gladly pay money each month, I just don't want to be part of that group for my own reasons.

So, DQ9! It's a pretty fun game, really. Feels a little easier than most of the others I've played. It also has an antagonistic nation called the Gittish Empire, which appeals to my sense of humour.

--------------------
user posted image

Algasir
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 07:25 AM

Green hair!

A lot of the difficulty comes from post-game content. Namely, Legacy Bosses.
mordain
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 07:30 AM

Codewalker

I am pretty sure that no one is arguing. We are merely having a long conversation that consists entirely of clarification on subjects completely different than what the other side is clarifying.

Back on subject, I have at least three games I got over the holidays that I haven't touched. Yet I've been complaining about boredom all week. Should probably stop that...

Oh, as for games I actually have been playing: Magicka is brutally difficult, especially solo (although playing with 'friends' adds an entire different level of DF-style 'fun'). I'm stuck on the, er, "Mind Duel", which is really irritating because it's all on tiny little islands and every single one is full of enemies with knockback. Most of them also use the annoying water + lightning combination (which is often how they knock you off the platform, stupid water beam). I also really, really, really hate druids. I actually beat the sequence once, got the little scene after it... except the very last enemy double-KO'd me, so I got a game over in the middle of the boss complimenting me for winning the 'duel'. -_-

The only good part is that you can often hide in a bubble and the enemies will kill each other, which is always funny.

--------------------
MikePB
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 01:55 PM

Geekomancer

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 30

QUOTE (Knight @ Feb 18 2011, 01:24 AM)

I'm pretty sure the Sink gained sentience years ago...

--------------------
My Writing Blog
user posted image
« Next Oldest | General Posting | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (215) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1144 seconds | Archive