InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (363) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Pokémon, No Bill Cosby impersonations, please
Carmichael Micaalus
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 07:07 PM

Secretary of Maternal Relations

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8

Alright, I've been thinking about making a topic about this for a few days... a fair amount of people here play the games, an rp has been made about it (and people are still posting in it, unlike most rps when they get to be over a week old [zing!]), and since a couple of people have been crying about too much pokémon discussion in the Games Thread, we can now discuss whatever about the games/comics/cartoons without worry of derailing or burying posts of other video games.

So... feel free to use this for whatever. Questions, bragging, party critiques... whatever else. I'll start it off with a list of my current pokémon. Not really looking for tips or anything (as I know mine needs serious work), but... yeah.

At the moment, I have five more or less 'permanent' pokémon... the fifth is being used to raise the levels of whatever to get a new entry on my pokédex, or something similair. Going from lowest to highest, I have a Graveler (rock/ground, level 27, named Boin'Santi), Gyarados (Water/Flying, level 29; Yoshi), Gardevoir (Psychic, level 30; Sciezka), Grovyle (Grass, level 31; Micaalus), and a Minun (Electric; level 31; Jager). I'll probably complete the party with a Vulpix, but then again, I might swicht out something else as well. (Right now I'm at the point where you finally get surf.)

If someone else would like to list their own party, go right ahead. I mostly did it to get the ball rolling, but I am curious as to what everyone else uses.

--------------------
user posted image
Everyday I'm tumbl'n.
"This bitch is makin' me all Paru..." ~Hang in There, Kogasa-san!
MFD
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 07:16 PM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

Right now, I have 41 in my pokedex. I'm about to face Maxie at Mount Chimney, and either my team sucks, or is underleveled. The highest pokemon I have is my level 22 combusken, so I know it's underleveled... but that used to not matter as much.

Anyways, permanent members of my team:

Dot (female aron)
Blade (female nuzleaf... waiting to evolve it until it learns Extrasensory)
Fawkes (male combusken)
Tango (female kirlia)

Current temps:
A male zigzagoon
A male swablu/a male electrike

Wishlist:
Trapinch

So, does the team just suck, or do I need to grind a bit in Meteor Falls (fucking solrocks! Get in the ball so I can log you in the dex, and then kick the rest of your sorry asses!)?

For reference, Maxie has a lvl 24 Mightyena, lvl 25 Golbat, and a lvl 26 Camerupt.

EDIT: And yes, I want to build a permanent team, not just one that's capable of beating Maxie. I am also painfully aware that everyone on my team is weak to fire except for Fawkes. I hope adding an altaria or a flygon will help me out with that... though, it certainly won't help me against Flannery...

This post has been edited by MFD on Aug 16 2006, 07:30 PM

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
Blackdeathdraco
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 08:31 PM

Sage

Group: Members
Member No.: 32

*Opens up his save on Fire Red and realizes that he didn't play that much. Opens up his Saphire save and sees something interesting.*

Thats right, I got both Ruby and Saphire and did the trade trick to get 1 person every starter pokemon x2 for the purpose of breeding for later use.

My current lineup is a bit weired plus I reserved Colosem (still not using word's spellcheck tongue.gif ) before it came out so I got Jerachi in my party.

As it stands, I have a Combusken, 2 Groviles, a Marshtomp, Jerachi, and the Blaziken I used the most... A bunch of other pokemon in the storage that are numerus but not filling the storage. A total of 82 pokemon all together. laugh.gif

--------------------
When I'm bored, I like to wander around and cast X-Zone on random things.

"Sanity is the illusion of the insane." -Me

img src="http://www.animecubed.com/billy/pics/sigs/BDD.jpg">

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Cyrus
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 08:34 PM

Guru

Member No.: 70

Yesterday, I found something out that made me smack myself in the head.

Now, first of all, I *heart* Scizor. But, as a perfectionist, I didn't want to use my only steel coat. Now, you could find these on wild magnemite in GSC if I remember correctly, as well as in RSE. You cannot, however, find them on wild magnemite in FR/LG. So I had spent several trips through the power plant with my alakazam who knows Thief for... well... nothing, really.

So, I break out Ruby, and one trip into New Mauville, and I've already got one.

...now to just finish breeding a good starting Scyther.

Also, I finally got around to catching a Mewtwo with a special attack based nature in FR. I had been procrastinating because I assumed it'd take several tries. But first attempt, I got one, so... Eh. Now to just get a good Moltres, and go back to keeping resetting until I get a shiny Articuno.
...what? Don't look at me like that!

--------------------
user posted image
Gnarl
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 08:45 PM

Evil Bureaucrat

Member No.: 176

Bah, all these new fangled Pokemon. Why back in my day, we only had 150 Pokemon and 15 Pokemon types, and we liked them just like they were! I remember between me a friend of mine, actually collecting all 150 Pokemon on my Blue copy, and having all 3 starting Pokemon. There was even a competition, and I had the best Pokemon in the neighberhood! I didn't need any of these new fangled types like Steel or Rubber or Wheat or whatever the hell types you kids have now.
Notty
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 08:46 PM

Annoying Little Boy

Member No.: 19

Well, my NetBattle team is pretty much a copy+paste of my actual Ruby/FR team.

Blaze: Blaziken
Rose: Shiney Gardevior
Mysta: Vaporeon
Bugsy: Heracross
Leaf: Sceptile

That's my core team, with either Scissors (Scizor), Rai-Rai (Surfing Raichu), or Loomy (Breloom) as a complement, depending on who I'm up against.

This post has been edited by Notty on Aug 16 2006, 08:47 PM
MFD
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 09:38 PM

THIEF!

QUOTE (Gnarl @ Aug 16 2006, 04:45 PM)
Bah, all these new fangled Pokemon. Why back in my day, we only had 150 Pokemon and 15 Pokemon types, and we liked them just like they were! I remember between me a friend of mine, actually collecting all 150 Pokemon on my Blue copy, and having all 3 starting Pokemon. There was even a competition, and I had the best Pokemon in the neighberhood! I didn't need any of these new fangled types like Steel or Rubber or Wheat or whatever the hell types you kids have now.

Well, the new types and pokemon really ended the dominance of psychic types. That's one good thing about them.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
Gnarl
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 09:50 PM

Evil Bureaucrat

Member No.: 176

If they had actually made a Pure Ghost type in Red/Blue instead of mixing them all into Ghost/Poison, those would have been awsome (I used to have a Ghost in my lineup until I realized they were useless against Psychics). Bugs were just pretty poor all around, in my opinion.
Notty
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 10:02 PM

Annoying Little Boy

QUOTE (Gnarl @ Aug 16 2006, 04:50 PM)
If they had actually made a Pure Ghost type in Red/Blue instead of mixing them all into Ghost/Poison, those would have been awsome (I used to have a Ghost in my lineup until I realized they were useless against Psychics). Bugs were just pretty poor all around, in my opinion.

Well, with the advent of Heracross and Scizor, Bugs are making a comeback.

Though after D/P, Scizor's gonna cry, as it loses its only real Bug move, Silver Wind, to the attack changes.

And I still think that making Steel resistant and Dark completely IMMUNE was a rather hamfisted way of balancing Psychics..

A good physical attacker, like Gyarados could squash RBY Alakazam pretty easy.

This post has been edited by Notty on Aug 16 2006, 10:05 PM
MFD
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 10:05 PM

THIEF!

... Not if the Alakazam knew Thunder.

--------------------

- Go the Fuck to Sleep

Carmichael Micaalus
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 10:05 PM

That reminds me, if you're looking to do a bit of level grinding for your team, MFD, you should do it where you gather the volcanic ash from the grass (route 113). That way, you can make yourself a few different flute/bell things, which are pretty damn nice. Yellow cures confusion, red cures attract, and blue cures sleep. All of them are reusable, too (well... the blue one is, I assume the rest are as well). There are also black and white flutes which repel and attract pokémon, but those are fairly pricy, ash-wise.

Pre-post Edit: And making steel resistant to just about every damn attack was stupid.

...okay, every damn attack I normally use, shush!

--------------------
user posted image
Everyday I'm tumbl'n.
Notty
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 10:07 PM

Annoying Little Boy

QUOTE (MFD @ Aug 16 2006, 05:05 PM)
... Not if the Alakazam knew Thunder.

Alakazam in RBY can't learn any electric attacks besides Thunder Wave.

You could trade him to GSC and teach him Thunderpunch, and then trade him back, but then, he wouldn't be RBY Alakazam anymore, would he? tongue.gif

As for Steel's resistances....eh.

Steel type *attacks* are lame to the nth degree (save for Meteor Mash, anyway) so that *sorta* balances it...
MechaV
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 10:11 PM

Emperor

Member No.: 92

POKEMAN?!?

With the pokey, and the man, and the guy coming out of *shot in the face*
MFD
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 10:24 PM

THIEF!

Well, I beat Maxie. He finally didn't switch to his camerupt or golbat when I was killing his mightyena, so he went down easily. I've decided to keep electrike as a permanent edition to the team, 'cause Spark was a pretty good move.

Now, to beat Flannery without using a water type. Am I mad? Or genius?

... Likely mad. Fawkes a-go-go!

Current roster:

Dot (female aron, steel/rock, lvl 18)
Tango (female kirlia, psychic, lvl 20)
Unnamed female electrike, electric, lvl 21
Blade (female nuzleaf, grass/dark, lvl 22)
Fawkes (male combusken, fire/fight, lvl 23)
Egg from Lavaridge Hot Springs

... Now that I look at my roster, it seems that Fawkes is a pimp.

--------------------

- Go the Fuck to Sleep

Notty
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 10:31 PM

Annoying Little Boy

Eh.

You could probably pull it off with that team.

Against Flannery's Torkoal, use Aron and Nuzleaf as sacrificial Overheat lambs(not sure, she might have other Fire attacks....), then bring in the Combusken or Kirlia to sweep up the leftovers.
MechaV
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 10:47 PM

Emperor

Isn't that egg just a friggin' Wynaut?
Carmichael Micaalus
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 10:48 PM

Yep. But it's so happy looking!

--------------------
user posted image
Everyday I'm tumbl'n.
Notty
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 11:14 PM

Annoying Little Boy

QUOTE (MechaV @ Aug 16 2006, 05:47 PM)
Isn't that egg just a friggin' Wynaut?

Hey, Wynaut, like it's evolution Wobbuffet, *are* considered on par wth Legendaries when it comes to uberness, you know....
MechaV
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 11:16 PM

Emperor

Too bad they are boring and gay.
Carmichael Micaalus
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 11:25 PM

Ut ut ut! Metrosexual.

--------------------
user posted image
Everyday I'm tumbl'n.
« Next Oldest | General Posting | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (363) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1073 seconds | Archive