Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (364) « First ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Pokémon, No Bill Cosby impersonations, please
MFD
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 08:48 PM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

Confounded kids these days. Mewtwo is 150. Mew is 151.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
Notty
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 09:09 PM

Annoying Little Boy

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

Pretty sure he was saying "One of the original 151", not that Mewtwo IS 151...at least, I hope so.

Anyway, said Mewtwo comes at Lv70, and has the moves Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, his specialty move, Psystrike, and a special move he can't normally learn, Electro Ball.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 12:20 AM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

Notty would be correct. I'm not so ignorant as to not know Mewtwo's number. If I ever do make that mistake in the future, though, feel free to permaban my account*. tongue.gif

*This is a joke.
Notty
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 12:36 AM

Annoying Little Boy

Serebii has details on the 'third game' of Gen V.

Pokemon Black 2 ....and Pokemon White 2.

The games feature Kyurem, who has a new Reshiram-themed Fire forme, and a Zekrom-themed Electric forme.

Games are scheduled for release on the DS in Japan in June 2012.

This post has been edited by Notty on Feb 26 2012, 12:37 AM
Algasir
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 01:00 AM

Green hair!

Member No.: 140

That's quite possibly the most disappointing thing I've ever heard.
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 01:11 AM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

Gentlemen, we just may have a new gold standard in phoning it in and/or blatant greed.

This post has been edited by Zap Rowsdower on Feb 26 2012, 01:12 AM

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
Blackdeathdraco
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 03:38 AM

Sage

Member No.: 32

They are milking this Miltank too hard now. Don't know how much longer it can last before fainting... tongue.gif

--------------------
When I'm bored, I like to wander around and cast X-Zone on random things.

"Sanity is the illusion of the insane." -Me

img src="http://www.animecubed.com/billy/pics/sigs/BDD.jpg">

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Notty
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 07:06 AM

Annoying Little Boy

It's always interesting seeing responses with such small amounts of info given.

See, when I first heard about it, I was delighted because I assumed that B2/W2 were going to be fully fledged sequels.

I have to assume the negative response here, like in other places, is because you guys are assuming they're simply going to be 'enhanced' versions like Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum?
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 07:14 AM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

Yah, I'm assuming the worst. If it was a full-fledged sequel, I suspect it'd have its own color pair, like Gold/Silver and Red/Blue.

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
Sir Donald
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 04:52 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

They're never full-fledged sequels, not in the same generation. Yellow and Platinum can be argued, but the key plot events in those were the same, just set under different starting conditions. (EDIT: I guess I should make it clear that my expectation was a single enhancement per previous Generations, not a "full-fledged" sequel.)

And even being enhancements, they should still have new names. Not "Previous Name" 2. Heck, the remakes weren't called "Red 2" or "Silver 2". Then again, "gray" would leave room for only 1 enhancement (like Bronze (they used Crystal instead)). At least with Red/Green, you could have Blue/Yellow, and Ruby/Sapphire, you could have Emerald/Amethyst. And these don't seem to be project names, as the announced Launch Date is within 4 months. ("Previous" 2 would be good as a Project name, but not as a full Title.)

The fact that it can be used on any form of DS, i.e. is not 3DS-exclusive, only adds to this sentiment. If it was 3DS-exclusive, then the seeming plot+mechanics retread can be forgiven. (It looks as though the only plot difference will be to replace whichever Dragon half the player gets with Kyurem. Perhaps Alder would have the half you were intended to have, but... all right, with that addition, it does seem like the old enhancements.) Heck, I'd rather have 1 game, with the name "gray", done like Platinum (i.e. N takes both of the warring Dragon halves, but you get the Ice-type Kyurem and N uses only his Dragon Halves in his final Battle)

I know the old saying is "You can't judge a book by its cover", but just naming these enhancements "Black 2" and "White 2", when the 2nd generation's after-games were called "Crystal", "HeartGold", and "SoulSilver", that does sound like the franchise is "phoning it in".

This post has been edited by Sir Donald on Feb 26 2012, 04:55 PM

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
Notty
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 06:18 PM

Annoying Little Boy

Given that Gen V has made several concerted efforts to try new things, saying "Well, this is the way they always do it!" isn't a very compelling argument, IMO.

But I suppose we'll see when we see.

Also of note...

Chorocojo, also known as RedChocobo, has finally put up his LP of Pokemon Platinum. If you enjoyed his other LPs, I highly recommend it.

This post has been edited by Notty on Feb 29 2012, 06:47 PM
Carmichael Micaalus
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 09:22 PM

Secretary of Maternal Relations

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Notty @ Feb 29 2012, 10:18 AM)
Also of note...

Chorocojo, also known as RedChocobo, has finally put up his LP of Pokemon Platinum. If you enjoyed his other LPs, I highly recommend it.

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
Everyday I'm tumbl'n.
"This bitch is makin' me all Paru..." ~Hang in There, Kogasa-san!
Algasir
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 07:26 AM

Green hair!

QUOTE (Carmichael Micaalus @ Feb 29 2012, 03:22 PM)
user posted image

user posted image
Cyrus
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 04:57 AM

Guru

Member No.: 70

So I finally got around to getting my god off of the dream world.

...I actually had never done the entree forest stuff before in BW, so I didn't realize it was essentially Pal Park. So when the battle starts up and I'm face to face with a level 100 Arceus, I'm all like: oh... fuck. I am not prepared.

BUT I WAS IN FACT PREPARED.

And now I have god in a ball!

--------------------
user posted image
Algasir
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 05:13 AM

Green hair!

You didn't fuck around in the Dream World website just for shits and giggles and to see how things work when it first came out?

...I don't blame you.

This post has been edited by Algasir on Mar 6 2012, 05:13 AM
Cyrus
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 05:41 AM

Guru

I didn't have the game when it first came out.

And when they started the Arceus event I only had a flash incapable device.

That said... it's better than the pokewalker.

--------------------
user posted image
Cyrus
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 01:19 AM

Guru

Note to self: wild Boldore have a high chance of coming equipped with an everstone.

Second note to self: people are either too lazy or too dickish to unequip these everstones before sending the boldore to you over GTS. Thus preventing the trade evolution from happening.

(this has happened twice)

--------------------
user posted image
Algasir
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 01:26 AM

Green hair!

I can do another back and forth trade if you want Boldore's evolution that badly. tongue.gif

It'd give me an excuse to turn on Black again beyond "oh hey the next event is here better do that".
Cyrus
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 01:29 AM

Guru

Hahah, sure, but maybe later tonight. I'ma be busy for a while.

(gettin' fairly close to filling out the achievable unova dex)

--------------------
user posted image
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 01:43 AM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

Heh, I still need to go find all the TMs everywhere. I actually use them now that they're unlimited.

I'm also not far from finishing the Unova dex, too. I found the best place to level for those evolutions that aren't catchable in the wild is on Route 15. If you come in from the Black City/White Forest side, take the stairs down, head a tad to the left, and head upwards past the boulder. There's a section of dark grass with level 57-60 wilds. Just don't waste your PP on Gligars, their base EXP sucks.
« Next Oldest | General Posting | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (364) « First ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1157 seconds | Archive