Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (949) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Games & Stuff and More!, Actually... not more.
MFD
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 11:56 PM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

Alright. A forumer asked me to merge the SSBB talk with the SSB thread. I tried, but the Games thread was too massive to split. So, just in case we ever have a more dire situation that needs splitting, I'm closing that thread and starting a new one.

First order of business: Super Smash Bros. Brawl talk goes here.

Second order of business: I made it past the first two stages of Kid Icarus and I'm not giving up. I'd say it was the worst $5 I've ever spent, but I'd be forgetting your mom. On the other hand, Kirby Adventure and Donkey Kong Country are wonderful.

Never played the NES Kirby before, but it's nice to see that he hasn't changed that much. My Kirby game was always Kirby Superstar, which reportedly comes out for the VC later this year.

DKC is also a very memorable game from my childhood. I need another Classic Controller for 2P action, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
Algasir
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:03 AM

Green hair!

Group: Members
Member No.: 140

QUOTE (MFD @ Mar 21 2007, 06:56 PM)
Never played the NES Kirby before, but it's nice to see that he hasn't changed that much. My Kirby game was always Kirby Superstar, which reportedly comes out for the VC later this year.

DKC is also a very memorable game from my childhood. I need another Classic Controller for 2P action, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

His first real game was Kirby's Dream Land for the Game Boy, I believe. He could not copy abilities in that game, just eat enemies and spit them out. First one I played was Kirby's Adventure, however. Superstar was my favorite as well.

DKC was one of the many games from my childhood that I played so much that they actually inhabited my dreams sometimes. Other cases that I can recall was Dragon Warrior for the GBC and the original Pokémon games.
Cyrus
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:05 AM

Guru

Member No.: 70

...what gets me is that, if someone had posted in the "Super Smash Brothers" thread, they would have been yelled at for two year dead thread necromancy, and probably suggested to just go to the games and stuff thread.

I personally find the idea of splitting a topic up like that, outside of the serious discussion forum, to be rather... silly. Since when were we so anal retentive about being on topic?

As for being on topic myself? Well... eh. I ain't got much.

--------------------
user posted image
Dark Hawk
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:06 AM

Guru

Member No.: 17

Awww....You have to kill Cyan and Imp him to get Psycho Cyan.

Makes DH sad.

Edit:

I agree with Cy on this.

Its not like we Broke the last thread...much >.>

This post has been edited by Dark Hawk on Mar 22 2007, 12:07 AM

--------------------
Notty: You yourself said you were the master of reusing tired jokes until they were so unfunny that they literally absorbed fun and happiness from the universe.

QUOTE (MFD @ Dec 2 2009, 06:36 PM)
I just cannot get Rosie O'Donnell fucking Barbara Streisand with a strap-on out of my head now.

Thanks.
~Good to see I haven't lost my touch~
Algasir
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:09 AM

Green hair!

QUOTE (Cyrus @ Mar 21 2007, 07:05 PM)
...what gets me is that, if someone had posted in the "Super Smash Brothers" thread, they would have been yelled at for two year dead thread necromancy, and probably suggested to just go to the games and stuff thread.

Honestly? I didn't even know we HAD a Smash Bros. thread. I probably would have made my post there if I had known of it.

As for thread necromancy...eh. If the revival post is informative and on topic, I don't care.

Also? Played Sonic and the Secret Rings for a bit...and I'm really not enjoying the controls. Is there ever any chance of freedom of movement?
Blackdeathdraco
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:11 AM

Sage

Member No.: 32

I belive its Imp, Retort, death, and revival for infinite normal attacks.

--------------------
When I'm bored, I like to wander around and cast X-Zone on random things.

"Sanity is the illusion of the insane." -Me

img src="http://www.animecubed.com/billy/pics/sigs/BDD.jpg">

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
mordain
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:14 AM

Codewalker

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 72

I personally find the idea of splitting a topic up like that, outside of the serious discussion forum, to be rather... silly. Since when were we so anal retentive about being on topic?

I don't think anyone would've actually yelled... maybe posted an appropriate card.

Mainly we were just trying to put a popular discussion in a thread that already existed so that other discussion could go on in the generic thread. Also to remind people that the more specific thread existed.

That said...

...I got nuthin', carry on.

--------------------
Live and learn - or die and teach by example.
Immolation
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:14 AM

Eternal Flame

Member No.: 86

Major edit: Anyone could have easily said that the conversation needed to be moved to the appropriate thread (even if it was dead) instead of locking such a large thread and trying to split it, despite the obvious fact that such a large fact won't be split.

Regardless... Who else here is playing FFVI advance?

This post has been edited by Immolation on Mar 22 2007, 12:18 AM

--------------------
"How much time do you need?"
"Whatever you can get me. When the EMP goes off-"
"When it goes off, I'll be fine. It only affects computers, remember? And I, am a motherfucking ghost"
Just Jon
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:17 AM

The Sexy One

Member No.: 3

We're trying to keep things in managable sizes.

Also, replaying through Arc the Lad: Twilight Spirits, and I gotta say, I wish I'd played earlier games int he series.

--------------------
No fanfare, no special effects... Just Jon
user posted image
Out of Context Quote: "God DAMN these electric sex pants!"
Dark Hawk
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:20 AM

Guru

Member No.: 17

.....*looks at JJ*

....*looks at Kitchen Sink*

Oooooooooookay.

--------------------
Notty: You yourself said you were the master of reusing tired jokes until they were so unfunny that they literally absorbed fun and happiness from the universe.

QUOTE (MFD @ Dec 2 2009, 06:36 PM)
I just cannot get Rosie O'Donnell fucking Barbara Streisand with a strap-on out of my head now.

Thanks.
~Good to see I haven't lost my touch~
MFD
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:20 AM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

Anyone could have easily said that the conversation needed to be moved to the appropriate thread (even if it was dead) instead of locking such a large thread and trying to split it...

Like I said, a forumer requested it, so I thought I'd try.

...despite the obvious fact that such a large fact won't be split.

I'm sorry. I obviously don't have as much experience splitting threads as you apparently do. icon_rolleyes.gif Let's just move on, mkay?

Regardless... Who else here is playing FFVI advance?

Is that out? Well, I could spend my birthday monies on that.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
Immolation
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:21 AM

Eternal Flame

Member No.: 86

Managable sizes? What?

*Looks at Sink, then interesting news thread and then the Anime thread, in sequence while jaw drop'd*

.....Yeah, I got nothing else nice to say.

--------------------
"How much time do you need?"
"Whatever you can get me. When the EMP goes off-"
"When it goes off, I'll be fine. It only affects computers, remember? And I, am a motherfucking ghost"
Just Jon
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:21 AM

The Sexy One

Member No.: 3

Kitchen sink is actually more of an experiment. We wanna see how far it can go before it breaks.

Games! Of the video variety!

--------------------
No fanfare, no special effects... Just Jon
user posted image
Out of Context Quote: "God DAMN these electric sex pants!"
ryu planeswalker
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:38 AM

Transcendent

Member No.: 112

IF you guys break the sink and get Water everywhere

I ain't cleaning it up.

--------------------
QUOTE (Malia Weinhagen talking about her father Dave Arneson)

"The biggest thing about my dad's world is he wanted people to have fun in life," Weinhagen said. "I think we get distracted by the everyday things you have to do in life and we forget to enjoy life and have fun.

"But my dad never did," she said. "He just wanted people to have fun."
Iyestorm
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 12:51 AM

Sage

Member No.: 191

We can always call Mario.

--------------------
Dr. Wiley has surrendered. Mega Man has saved the planet from destruction. But will it last!!!

"Think about it, mate: legends! When has a legend ever not been true, huh? HUH?!"

--Marine, Sonic Rush Adventure

"Good Morniii--AGH! I can't do it! I don't wanna be cute! I wanna be a boy!"

--Ouran High School Host Club; Haruhi's English Voice Actor messing around.
Algasir
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 02:24 AM

Green hair!

I've always found it odd that the Sink hasn't broke, but other, SMALLER topics (The MMORPG and Plug threads) did.

Anyway, I just got me a classic controller and some Wii points. I downloaded Streets of Rage and Super Castlevania IV, since those were the only two games that I want right now that I don't already own (legally). All my systems are within reach, actually, so if I wanted to play my NES all I have to do is hook it up, same with my SNES and N64.

I'll probably be looking more into Turbographix16 (never owned) and Genesis (owned one, but sold it) games than the Nintendo systems.
Forever Zero
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 02:41 AM

The REAL internet rage machine

Group: Supermod
Member No.: 4

The Sink shall live on forever! Sieg Heil, Kitchen Sink!

--------------------
"It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane."
- Philip K. Dick
Knight
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 02:44 AM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Algasir @ Mar 21 2007, 06:24 PM)
I've always found it odd that the Sink hasn't broke, but other, SMALLER topics (The MMORPG and Plug threads) did.

I think it's a random invision glitch thing, rather than a function of thread length. We've had our share of bugs...
Juron Pilo
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 02:47 AM

Sage

Group: BANNED
Member No.: 46

QUOTE (mordain @ Mar 21 2007, 07:14 PM)

I don't think anyone would've actually yelled... maybe posted an appropriate card.

Mainly we were just trying to put a popular discussion in a thread that already existed so that other discussion could go on in the generic thread. Also to remind people that the more specific thread existed.

That said...

...I got nuthin', carry on.

Good reasoning. Could we please do this with, among other things, FF? Technically, we allready have a Pokemon thread. I still think a general "RPG" thread might be the best solution to all our problems.

Knight, I'm pretty sure you know what your talking about, but nevertheless...
The reason you are certain about this revolves around more than just the large threads being unaffected right? Because if it something like an out of bounds database error, it could simply be the sink and other large threads polluting the small ones. Just wanted to throw that out. I mean granted, I know next to nothing about your implimentation, which is why I have to ask.

This post has been edited by Juron Pilo on Mar 22 2007, 02:53 AM
Red
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 03:51 AM

( '_')b

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (Knight @ Mar 21 2007, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (Algasir @ Mar 21 2007, 06:24 PM)

I think it's a random invision glitch thing, rather than a function of thread length. We've had our share of bugs...

I've fixed a couple of bugs like that on my own invision forums while they were alive.
« Next Oldest | The Archives | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (949) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4431 seconds | Archive