InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (8) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

G-Gundam RP Poll, Would you participate?

Would you play in a G-Gundam RP if created?
Yes [ 12 ]  [75.00%]
No [ 4 ]  [25.00%]
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
TheRealKrazyCarl
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 02:52 PM

Councilor

Group: Members
Member No.: 190

Hey all, I know I'm not everyone's favorite person right now leaving the FFTRP to hang out to dry (amoung other things), but the fact of the matter is I can't handle such an intensive game at the momment. However, I still want to remain an active part of this board and make it up to you guys, and I think I've found an entertaining solution.

G-Gundam, for those of you unfamiliar, is a crack-laden show in which racial stereotypes (using the term both comedically and loosly) in giant robots fight each other. What I propose is an semi free-form RP free from stats and maps, in which you guys do the bulk of the gameplay instead of having a GM guide you completely.

I have to head to class now, but I'll have a set of tentative rules up when I return, so check this post again in about an hour.

Feel free to post any questions, comments, or suggestions.

More forthcoming...

--------------------
Check out my 1up blog!

Never doubt yourself, EVER..... everyone else is doing enough of that for you. - LuppyLuptonium

For a man to be my friend, he must be my equal in all things. He too, must be a dreamer, one who persues that dream regardless of cost, even if it means the death of my own - Griffith,
Berserk

X-Box Live ID: Captain PSX

Pokemon Pearl Friend Code 0945 9341 8654, Name: Carl
FF3 Friend Code 064535863503
TheRealKrazyCarl
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 02:53 PM

Councilor

Whoops! Posted in the wrong spot! Please move to the RP forum if possible! Thanks!

--------------------
Check out my 1up blog!

Never doubt yourself, EVER..... everyone else is doing enough of that for you. - LuppyLuptonium

For a man to be my friend, he must be my equal in all things. He too, must be a dreamer, one who persues that dream regardless of cost, even if it means the death of my own - Griffith,
Berserk

Algasir
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 03:39 PM

Green hair!

Member No.: 140

Do I get to use Shining Finger?
ryu planeswalker
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 03:40 PM

Transcendent

Member No.: 112

if you start this...can I have the FFT : RP?

--------------------
QUOTE (Malia Weinhagen talking about her father Dave Arneson)

"The biggest thing about my dad's world is he wanted people to have fun in life," Weinhagen said. "I think we get distracted by the everyday things you have to do in life and we forget to enjoy life and have fun.

"But my dad never did," she said. "He just wanted people to have fun."
Dan 9410
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 03:41 PM

Councilor

Member No.: 159

I don't know much about any Gundam, but from what I've heard, yeah, I'd be interested.

--------------------
user posted image

But no wonder she did not bother with a husband. Her bananas were obviously good enough for her. - Decades of Darkness Chapter 97
Newb
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 03:42 PM

The Obfuscated One

Member No.: 146

I will play only if I get to create a bizarre character that bends the mind and causes grown men to weep with frustration.

--------------------
An Adventure, Hopefully: Multiverse SI
Notty
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 03:45 PM

Annoying Little Boy

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Newb @ Sep 7 2007, 10:42 AM)
I will play only if I get to create a bizarre character that bends the mind and causes grown men to weep with frustration.

So...

Just like all your *other* characters, then?

tongue.gif
Newb
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 03:48 PM

The Obfuscated One

Exactly!

--------------------
Iyestorm
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 03:55 PM

Sage

Member No.: 191

The thought of having a finishing move that takes out the enemy of the week is tempting, and so is the thought of a speech I have to say in order to activate it.

...No, I'm not being sarcastic. It appeals to my nostalgia.

However, I'm (sort of) in a lot of (dying*) RPs already, and I'm not sure I have the time for all of them. I mean, what if one of them comes back?

Besides, if we're gonna have giant robot battles, I prefer Zoids. Man, that show was awesome! Or at least, it was at the time... Maybe I should rewatch it...

*I'm not talking about the FFTRP. You already apologized for that several times, if you take this the wrong way and start feeling worse about it, I'm gonna feel bad too.

Naw, I'm talking about a bunch of different RPs that died. For instance, the MMXRP. Then there's the Superhero RP. And then there's the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP. Man, I was set to enjoy those first two! The third could have been enjoyable, but I don't have as much of a connection to it for some reason. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm not *as* attached to my character, or maybe it's because it died too soon. If it picked up again, I'd still play it though.

But who's holding up the Superhero RP? Luppy had a good concept going there! C'mon! Let's pick it back up! Same goes for the MMXRP. I was looking forward to both of those.

Of course, that's partially the reason I hijacked the event missions. So I could get a feel for things. Then I could try hijacking those dead ones. Or create my own. Whichever worked.

--------------------
Dr. Wiley has surrendered. Mega Man has saved the planet from destruction. But will it last!!!

"Think about it, mate: legends! When has a legend ever not been true, huh? HUH?!"

--Marine, Sonic Rush Adventure

"Good Morniii--AGH! I can't do it! I don't wanna be cute! I wanna be a boy!"

--Ouran High School Host Club; Haruhi's English Voice Actor messing around.
TheRealKrazyCarl
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 04:14 PM

Councilor

If you can update it before Thanksgiving (the realistic time I'd be able to start working on it again, if at all), sure. I can PM you where I intended for it to go story / stat wise, but you're also welcome to disregard that and do what you feel would be fun if you so choose.

Do I get to use Shining Finger?

Check the loose rules in the next post. You can have your own special technique, but original characters / moves would benefit you more than older stuff.

The more creative and unique your character, the better. You'll see why below in a sec.

However, I'm (sort of) in a lot of (dying*) RPs already, and I'm not sure I have the time for all of them. I mean, what if one of them comes back?

I'm trying to design this game to be more flexible in that regard. If a player or even the GM is unable to post, it doesn't halt the game's action. So don't feel guilty if you can't post.

Rules in my next post all! Be excited (afraid). Be very excited (afraid).

--------------------
Check out my 1up blog!

Berserk

MFD
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 04:19 PM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

I tried to resurrect the MMX RP after a brief hiatus, but nobody seemed interested anymore, even though all the players (Cy, Iye, DH, and Newb) are still around.

So, I'm pretty sure it's dead.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
ryu planeswalker
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 04:24 PM

Transcendent

Member No.: 112

QUOTE (TheRealKrazyCarl @ Sep 7 2007, 12:14 PM)

If you can update it before Thanksgiving (the realistic time I'd be able to start working on it again, if at all), sure. I can PM you where I intended for it to go story / stat wise, but you're also welcome to disregard that and do what you feel would be fun if you so choose.

Yea PM me what you have, and then I will pick out what I will use and whatnot.

--------------------
QUOTE (Malia Weinhagen talking about her father Dave Arneson)

"The biggest thing about my dad's world is he wanted people to have fun in life," Weinhagen said. "I think we get distracted by the everyday things you have to do in life and we forget to enjoy life and have fun.

"But my dad never did," she said. "He just wanted people to have fun."
Iyestorm
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 04:30 PM

Sage

Yay! The FFTRP will rise again!

Ooh, I'm gonna start a conversation in the ooc thread that I've been meaning to.

Edit: And if I like the rules, I might join this one.

This post has been edited by Iyestorm on Sep 7 2007, 04:30 PM

--------------------
Dr. Wiley has surrendered. Mega Man has saved the planet from destruction. But will it last!!!

"Think about it, mate: legends! When has a legend ever not been true, huh? HUH?!"

EliteAgent
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 04:40 PM

Councilor

Member No.: 415

I'm game, especially since I don't feel comfortable trying to shoehorn my ways into well established RPs. Also sounds like it might be fun, so if the rules are good then im down with it

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Newb
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 04:41 PM

The Obfuscated One

QUOTE (TheRealKrazyCarl @ Sep 7 2007, 12:14 PM)

The more creative and unique your character, the better. You'll see why below in a sec.

If by "creative" and "unique" you mean "annoying" and "crazy," I can totally do that!

--------------------
TheRealKrazyCarl
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 04:42 PM

Councilor

Tentative Setting: It's been 4 years since the end of the 13th Gundam Fight and the Dark Gundam incident. Despite efforts trying to avoid it, the decaying Earth is still the intended battle ground to the fast aproaching 14th round of fights intended to replace wars. Changes have been made, however. The hastily formed Gundam Federation, which banded together to defeat the Dark Gundam, has now evolved into a regulatory and quasi-military organization charged with keeping fairness within the fights and the elimination of the remnant of the Dark Army. As Gundam Fighters, not only will you be fighting to win your nation the right to rule over the universe for the next 4 years, but also take any and all orders handed down by the Federation.

Tentative Character Sheets:
Pilot Name: (Self Explainitory)
Nation: Neo-Blank (replace blank with a yet unchosen real country yet to be chosen by another player. I.E. Russia, Portugal, Peru, etc. The only country off limits is Japan)
Background: Describe your character's history.
Technique: Create a DBZ-esque technique that can be used both within without your Mobile Fighter (Don't reuse something from the show please).
Mobile Fighter Name: What do you call your Gundam?
Description: Visual description of your Gundam. Most Fighters are human shaped (2 arms and legs), but that is not a requirement.
Armaments: List 3 or fewer weapons unique to your Gundam and describe. (Choosing fewer weapons initially allows for customization later on)
Crew / Description: Name and describe your support crew. You may have up to 6 members, but choosing fewer allows for more people to join and add features to your Gundam later on.

^Example of this forthcoming

Tentative Rules:
Taking a page from the ultimate nerd fantasy fights, battles will now be bouts in trying to out imagine and out write your opponent within the specifications and abilities of your pilot and Gundam. The fight will be based on a 'round' system, in which the two fighters will fight with the first poster being the attacker and the second poster being the defender and counter attacker, and from there judge (GM) will determin who earns a point for that round. The player who earns the number of preset points first, or the player who manages to destroy the enemy's head wins the match.

Further adding to the fun is 'the homefield advantage'. What this means is if your Gundam is chalanged in your home nation, they not only get to describe their Gundam's actions, but the battlefield as well. However, bold fighters who go out and challenge fighters begin fights with an advantage of pre-earned points. Additionally, if a fight breaks out in your nation between two forigen Gundams, you may act as either a replacement or second match judge with the GM.

Thoughts so far?

--------------------
Check out my 1up blog!

Berserk

Algasir
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 04:52 PM

Green hair!

Member No.: 140

I'd join, but I can't guarantee that my character/gundam wouldn't be a blatant rip-off of Gurren Lagann.
Newb
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 04:56 PM

The Obfuscated One

Pilot Name: Hercules Thrashington
Nation: Neo-E.C. Conglomerate
Background: Hercules was born on one of the twelve islands which used to be Montserrat. His island contains roughly the area which is volcanically active in the present day, although it is a different island which is active in the time during which the RP takes place.
Technique: Eye of the Linked Souls. Allows Hercules to dictate the emotional state of his opponent. "Drunk" is a valid choice. A weaker version of this ability is to be considered "on" at all times, set to "calm".
Mobile Fighter Name: No Worries Joe
Description: No Worries Joe is average height for a Gundam and has red power lines on a mostly green body, making for a festive look.
Armaments:
Volcaniblade: Very very hot bladed weapon composed out of lava in a containment field. Exactly what kind of weapon it is is up in the air, as the nature of the blade is such that it can shapeshift some.
Volcaniblaster: Shoots a stream of lava which may then harden, causing mobility problems. Can be assumed to have about ten "shots", but with any weapon which fires a stream rather than individual bullets, this is very hard to gauge and it may end up running out after seven shots, or lasting for fourteen.
Empty slot: nothing yet
Crew / Description: Momma Thrashington and Hercules' brother, William, are currently the entirety of Hercules' crew. William is a skilled mechanic and very few can match Momma Thrashington's skills at bartering for the best parts.

This post has been edited by Newb on Sep 10 2007, 04:30 PM

--------------------
Iyestorm
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 04:57 PM

Sage

I need some time to think... also I think I'd like to actually see a battle in action before I decide.

...I could try to come up with a bunch of wacky characters, though.

...nah, I'll save that for the pokemon RP. Mwahahaha...

*Shot, beaten, lit on fire, then dipped in acid by Notty*

--------------------

Newb
Posted on Sep 7 2007, 05:04 PM

The Obfuscated One

I hope I don't have to fight a Neo-Irishman!

Then my "making people drunk" power would backfire horribly!

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Serious RP | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (8) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2379 seconds | Archive