Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (29) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Temporary Smash Thread, Spoiler Free Zone
MFD
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 07:48 PM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

Discuss the latest happenings at the Dojo, as well as press releases or interviews, here.

Do not discuss actual game footage. I know the game has been leaked. Keep it in the other thread. You lot can manage that at the very least, right?

ETA: This is temporary because I'll merge it with the other thread when the game hits America.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 07:54 PM

Too few posts for a custom title

Group: Group: Group: Group
Member No.: 2

So there's actually stuff in here...

Man, they even consider the 1-1 and 1-2 versions of the Mushroomy Kingdom different stages when it comes to music, but they don't let us choose which one we're going to play? It's another Samus/ZSSamus-style nonchoice! user posted image

--------------------
user posted image user posted image -- Let us all study the Panzer and grow into beautiful, healthy women! --
-- 100+7 --

Arc: Can I ship you and FZ?
Forever Zero: I should never talk while I wank.

Arc: Are your panties still hazardous?

You awake in a 10x10 room.
CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12
EliteAgent
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 07:56 PM

Councilor

Group: Members
Member No.: 415

well, they'll probably be a workaround for Zamus the same way theres a workaround for Shiek. As for the music, I don't see the problem, unless you wanted the underground theme on 1-1 or some such.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
MFD
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 07:57 PM

THIEF!

Personally, I hope there's some button code.

Also, Gritzy Desert? Time to fire up PiT to hear that theme.

One thing my brother has been complaining about is that there are very few music choices that really sound like battle music. The Ocarina medley is nice, but it just doesn't get my heart pumping. Hopefully some of these other music choices do, so I can turn down the chance of the non-battly music appearing.

Also, I see a distinct lack of the DK Rap.

EDIT: GJ was talking about choosing between 1-1 and 1-2, not choosing 1-2 music for 1-1.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 07:59 PM

QUOTE (EliteAgent @ Jan 29 2008, 12:56 PM)
As for the music, I don't see the problem, unless you wanted the underground theme on 1-1 or some such.

I mean, I'd like to be able to choose which one. If they're considered separate stages even by the developers, it just seems mean to not let us choose.

QUOTE (MFD)
One thing my brother has been complaining about is that there are very few music choices that really sound like battle music.

A lot of Melee music wasn't martial in tone, either, but it works once you're in the game beating people with your fists.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image -- Let us all study the Panzer and grow into beautiful, healthy women! --
-- 100+7 --

CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12
EliteAgent
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 08:01 PM

Councilor

I see, I really doubt there won't be a way to pick one, though.

And since more tracks can be unlocked, I expect classics, like the DK rap to be in the game. Quite frankly though, once I get DeDeDe's track, I won't care about anything else

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
MFD
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 08:05 PM

THIEF!

Maybe, GJ. Love Theme, Lylat Cruise, and Norfair Theme are the only ones off the top of my head that sound martial. And Love Theme is just barely.

--------------------

- Go the Fuck to Sleep

Alan Bates
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 09:37 PM

Transcendent

Member No.: 24

I'd really prefer the chance to choose between World 1-1 or world 1-2.

Also, I wonder how they're going to do the scroll. Will it just start back over again at the end of where the level ends or what?
Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 10:08 PM

Everyone into the pipe!

--------------------
-- 100+7 --

CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12
Algasir
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 10:11 PM

Green hair!

Member No.: 140

...I read that as "pie".

--------------------
user posted image
Alan Bates
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 10:15 PM

Transcendent

Member No.: 24

Also, I wonder if World 1-2 is going to have the warp zones at the end.
Red Silvers
Posted: Jan 29 2008, 11:43 PM

Emperor

Member No.: 45

Minus World! Minus World!

--------------------
"Speaking of being terrible at games, Red fumbling with the blocks in Magnet Man's level has to be seen to be believed. If the definition of insanity has to do with expecting different results upon trying the same thing, then he must be one of the most insane people I've ever known." - Brickroad

The Guardian Legend - By Red Silvers (VLP): Our Red Silvers continues to find the weirdest worksafe pictures of the game's protagonist, a plane that transforms into a waifu.

Super Metroid - By Red Silvers (VLP): I think it's safe to say at this point, that Samus ain't leaving her suit once Red Silvers finally gets around the finishing this game.

Fantastic Dizzy - By Red Silvers (VLP): Fresh off his recent run of Super Metroid, Red Silvers tackles yet another, err... classic? (Egg-scuse me for being confused about Red Silvers' next choice.)
MFD
Posted: Jan 30 2008, 03:01 AM

THIEF!

Reposting this from the spoilers thread:

Hey, if you subscribe to this podcast using your iTunes, you can download the Angel Island remix. It's spectacular.

--------------------

- Go the Fuck to Sleep

Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: Jan 30 2008, 07:27 AM

Aw, man. They removed seeing who you were in Random? That should at least be an option, for when you feel like playing, say, "someone I haven't played yet", or "someone fast", or "someone starting with the letter M", or anything.

Also, at least most of the items and starting stages are confirmed now. I'm hoping there are more Melee stages, because a full half of them are ones I'm not going to touch. I mean, Brinstar Depths? Really?

[/rant]

EDIT: Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's that stage to the right of Poké Stadium and below Orpheon?

And that item to the right of the Bob-omb had better be a proxy mine of some kind.

This post has been edited by Grandmaster Jogurt on Jan 30 2008, 07:37 AM

--------------------
-- 100+7 --

CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12
MFD
Posted: Jan 30 2008, 01:47 PM

THIEF!

I can't tell from the site what the stage even looks like.

--------------------

- Go the Fuck to Sleep

EliteAgent
Posted: Jan 30 2008, 03:01 PM

Councilor

the stage to the right of the Stadium looks like an F-Zero stage, below Orpehon is Wario-ware i think

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: Jan 30 2008, 05:07 PM

QUOTE (EliteAgent @ Jan 30 2008, 08:01 AM)
the stage to the right of the Stadium looks like an F-Zero stage, below Orpehon is Wario-ware i think

The stage to the right of Poké Stadium is the same one as below Orpheon. You're thinking of the Halberd tongue.gif

--------------------
-- 100+7 --

CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12
EliteAgent
Posted: Jan 30 2008, 05:11 PM

Councilor

QUOTE (Grandmaster Jogurt @ Jan 30 2008, 12:07 PM)
QUOTE (EliteAgent @ Jan 30 2008, 08:01 AM)

The stage to the right of Poké Stadium is the same one as below Orpheon. You're thinking of the Halberd tongue.gif

I may have my lefts and rights confused, but the Halberd is on the same line as Stadium and Orpheon. Castle Seige, Warioware, Distant Planet, Smashville and New Pork City are on the line below.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: Jan 30 2008, 07:42 PM

What I'm seeing is:

Battlefield, Final Destination(?), Delfino Plaza, Mushroomy Kingdom

Mario Circuit, DK Falls, Eldin Bridge, Norfair, Orpheon

Yoshi's Island, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Poké Stadium, (?)F-Zero(?)

Castle Siege, Wario Ware, Distant Planet, Smashville, New Pork City

The Summit, Skyworld, Pictochat, Shadow Moses

--------------------
-- 100+7 --

CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12
Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: Jan 31 2008, 07:06 AM

So, secret characters, stages, secrets... hopefully not much about SSE.

--------------------
-- 100+7 --

CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12
« Next Oldest | The Archives | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (29) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1797 seconds | Archive