|· Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: Mar 13 2008, 08:33 PM
Member No.: 7
Joined: 30-September 04
Here are the revamped rules of the forum. You may discuss them here.
2. We are a work-safe forum. If a link is NSFW (Not Safe For Work), then you need to say so and you need to explain why. Anything that would upset your boss is not safe for work. If your boss stands over your shoulder and the worst thing he can say is that you're using the internet during work hours, it's OK.
3. We are an English language board. Please do not use chatspeak or leetspeak. Also, please make sure that your context is clear if you wish to use interjections from another language such as Baka! or Mierda! Repeated use of a language other than English, real-world or otherwise and regardless of translated content, may result in a warning for all involved parties.
4. Stay on topic. We don't mind digressions, but you should remember which thread and which forum you're posting in. Each thread is subject to the rules of its creator. You should read at least the first post of a thread before posting in it.
-------The Comic-by-comic forum is where we discuss Captain SNES. Please make sure that your post relates back to this comic.
-------The Serious RP forum is where we roleplay. Keep all out of character chatter to the approriate threads.
-------The Serious Discussion forum is where people go to debate. This forum has a specific set of rules, which you should read.
-------Spamsylvania has looser rules. You can post what you want, as long as it doesn't break an Invision rule. Triple-post in binary, for all we care. It won't affect your postcount.
5. We have spoiler rules now. These rules do not extend to specific threads on a topic, where the creator might make his or her own rules.
-------For reference, the color code to post spoilers is as follows: Use color 888888 for regular posting and color 999999 for quoting a spoiler. Put spoilers in brackets. The code works like this:
If done correctly, your spoilers should appear as follows:
[IT'S HIS SLED!]
(Highlight the spoiler to read it)
-------For webcomics on an infrequent update cycle, it is common courtesy to spoilerize the first few posts of a new update, so everyone can rush over to the website and read.
-------For movies, you should spoilerize any material that is not casting or trailer information for two weeks following the release of the movie.
-------For television shows, wait a week.
-------For novels, wait six months.
-------For comic books, wait two weeks.
-------And for video games, wait four months.
6. Do not double-post. A double-post is only a double-post if it is within 24 hours of your post. There's no punishment for the occasional accidental double post, but don't let it become a habit. We are, however, lenient, and if your second post is on a new subject, and if your first post was just two hours ago, then we'll let it go. A corrolary to this is to always mark your edits.
7. Avatars and Signatures Avatars must be kept to a size of 150x200 pixels, or Invision will shrink them for you, and do so extremely poorly. Signatures must be kept to a size of 550x300 pixels. This includes pictures AND text. There is a grace extension of 50 pixels for length. In summary, your whole signature must fit within this box:
-------While we won't be harsh on this and will never change your signature unless you are in gross violation or another forumite complains, please recall that the light blue area is the height that you are requested to keep within. The dark blue is us being nice and realizing that some images simply can't be trimmed down or some text can't be shrunk.
-------It should go without saying your avatar or signature should follow all other content rules.
-------In addition, please think twice before using an animated or eye-searing avatar. If it is too obnoxious, it may be removed. The same goes for signatures.
8. Any posts in violation of these rules will be edited to purge the poison. If you want to complain about your post being edited, see rule 10.
-------Warnings. We send you a PM explaining what you did wrong, and we make a note of it on your profile. We'll be able to see the warning, but nobody else will. Violating minor rules will result in a friendly reminder. If you persist, we will give you a Warning.
-------Month-Bans. You are prohibited from posting for 30 days.
-------If you receive two warnings in a day, you will receive a month-ban.
-------If you have a string of one-warning days, we will give you a month-ban.
-------When you return from your month ban, you will be on probation for one week. If you receive another warning during your probation period, you will be permanently banned.
-------If you receive two month-bans, you will no longer be welcome on this forum. Any alternate accounts created to bypass a ban will be summarily banned. If it was an attempt to evade a temporary ban, the original account will be permanently banned.
10. If you have a problem with a mod's decision, bring it up with another mod via e-mail, PM, or IM. The mod will look into the matter. Don't bring up your problem on the forum, as it leads to a lot of angry posting on all sides that is painful to read.
"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep
"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe