InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (27) « First ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Doctor What, Wait, I don't think I got that right
MikePB
Posted: Aug 10 2011, 11:34 PM

Geekomancer

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 30

Uhm, The Doctor SAID "oh, you look familiar, don't you?".

--------------------

I say! What a wonderful butler. He's so violent!"
--The Fourth Doctor - City of Death
MFD
Posted: Aug 11 2011, 01:00 AM

THIEF!

Member No.: 7

Spoilers from a trailer for Season 6.5.

[Craig is returning.]

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
Drekal
Posted: Aug 13 2011, 02:36 AM

Birthday Ninja

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

A Gallifreyan Buccaneer.

I... I just... I just... what the hell is this?

--------------------
That which holds the image of an angel...
user posted image
Amy: You do have a plan, don't you?
Doctor: Of course I do!

New Objective: Think of a plan.
Drekal
Posted: Aug 27 2011, 09:47 PM

Birthday Ninja

So Let's Kill Hitler. Pretty good. Answered questions, raised still more. Very eager to see how this season ends.

--------------------
user posted image

Nifar
Posted: Aug 30 2011, 11:32 PM

Sage

Member No.: 522

So, just saw Let's Kill Hitler for the second time. Realized two things, both slightly spoiler-y: [One, if killing the Doctor ends Melody/River's programming, she shouldn't have tried to kill him in this episode, since she's already killed him from he point of view, and two, despite what I said about MeloRiver killing the Doctor, her doing so was a clever way to get around the thirteen regeneration limit, should they so choose.]

--------------------
Out of Context Quote(s) of the Week: "Please don't stick bacon in my stab wounds."
Drekal
Posted: Aug 31 2011, 01:14 AM

Birthday Ninja

So hey, guys, want me to blow your minds?

user posted image

Tom Baker. Doing work with Big Finish. I think this may be proof that there is either a God or someone in a position of authority that loves us.

--------------------
user posted image

Ou des
Posted: Aug 31 2011, 02:42 AM

Clockwork Contraption

Member No.: 18

Has he been avoiding reprising the role?

--------------------
user posted image
Drekal
Posted: Aug 31 2011, 03:16 AM

Birthday Ninja

It was difficult for him to leave the role. That's why he turned down appearing in The Five Doctors (resulting in them using unaired Shada footage so they could at least say he was in it). He did do an excellent audio series a while back called Hornet's Nest, which I solidly recommend picking up.

Other than that, I'm not sure why he had been avoiding doing anything.

But hey, they have him now! And I'm pretty sure a few writers for Big Finish just had all their inner childs faint dead away when they got the news that they'd be writing a Tom Baker audio.

--------------------
user posted image

Strykor
Posted: Aug 31 2011, 03:19 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,104

Like the plague. This was especially apparent when he opted out of The Five Doctors.
Drekal
Posted: Aug 31 2011, 03:21 AM

Birthday Ninja

I believe he has gone on record stating that he regrets that decision. Tremendous shame. It would've been glorious to see how his Doctor interacted with the others.

--------------------
user posted image

Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 11:22 PM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

Caught The Wedding of River Song online, absolutely awesome as the rest of this season has been, but only one niggling question that I don't think has been answered.

Who's been singing that bloody nursery rhyme? I mean, its clearly from an in-universe perspective. Is it a common nursery rhyme among the peoples who know about and record the events of the episode? Is that reality-warping kid still influencing things? Has the Doctor hired a boy's choir to stalk him and improv accordingly?

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
Arc
Posted: Oct 2 2011, 02:40 AM

Sage

Member No.: 254

Spoilered in the off chance someone HASN'T on this earth seen the previews where they proudly declare TOMMOROW IS THE DAY HE DIES! SEE WATCH HIM GET BLASTED HAN SOLO STYLE! AGAIN! AND AGAIN!

When I heard that playing at the end of the star baby episode, I thought it was some sort of foreshadowing (I thought turning into a wooden dolly had unlisted side-effects maybe). So when I heard it at the end of the previous episode I jumped up and down in my seat screaming "OHMYLACKOFGOD I KNEW IT MEANT SOME...THING!". At this point I think that's all it was put in their for - to have me make a fool of myself AND ominous foreshadowing.

--------------------
user posted image
QUOTE (Bob)
Don't worry, if the Bison ever take over the midlands Godzilla will take care of them. Just like he did with Bambi.
LuppyLuptonium
Posted: Oct 2 2011, 10:38 AM

Transcendent

Member No.: 6

Dr. Who...?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... Brilliant!

--------------------
user posted image
MikePB
Posted: Oct 2 2011, 08:16 PM

Geekomancer

That was very, very well done.

--------------------

Kiwi Bacon
Posted: Oct 21 2011, 11:23 AM

Councilor

Member No.: 362

Finally screened here now.

I..

My god.
Eeeeeevil

--------------------
QUOTE (Grandmaster Jogurt)
Good to know FZ's still the handiest source of information about Rape Simulators™.
Drekal
Posted: Nov 5 2011, 10:28 PM

Birthday Ninja

Last night's Doctor Who game was rather fun. It used the following basic idea as a story. One of my players had survived a Cyberman invasion. The other that could make it last night was a Time Lord.

So, they arrive on this planet called Mondas. The home of the original Cybermen. Just as the mass Cyber Conversion is ongoing. Some of the people that have evaded the conversion process find themselves being given an offer for an alternative means of surviving, and fighting back against the Cybermen. Namely, by turning them into vampires.

Now, you may not know this... but the First Great Time War was held between the Time Lords and the Great Vampires. So, Time Lords don't particularly like Vampires very much.

On top of this there was the contrast and similarities between the two. On the one hand, the Cybermen strip people of their emotion leaving nothing behind but an unfeeling machine. On the other, Vampires are almost animalistic. They view humans as lesser beings, a source of food and nothing more. Both dehumanise, but in entirely different ways.

I thought this was fascinating enough to bring up as a point of discussion, in case anyone was interested.

--------------------
user posted image

Drekal
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 09:22 PM

Birthday Ninja

--------------------
user posted image

MFD
Posted: Jan 29 2012, 04:05 PM

THIEF!

Member No.: 7

Apparently one. Last night. The God Complex.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
Red Silvers
Posted: May 5 2012, 02:07 AM

Emperor

Member No.: 45

So... any idea when Series 7 is supposed to start up?

--------------------
"Speaking of being terrible at games, Red fumbling with the blocks in Magnet Man's level has to be seen to be believed. If the definition of insanity has to do with expecting different results upon trying the same thing, then he must be one of the most insane people I've ever known." - Brickroad

The Guardian Legend - By Red Silvers (VLP): Our Red Silvers continues to find the weirdest worksafe pictures of the game's protagonist, a plane that transforms into a waifu.

Super Metroid - By Red Silvers (VLP): I think it's safe to say at this point, that Samus ain't leaving her suit once Red Silvers finally gets around the finishing this game.

Fantastic Dizzy - By Red Silvers (VLP): Fresh off his recent run of Super Metroid, Red Silvers tackles yet another, err... classic? (Egg-scuse me for being confused about Red Silvers' next choice.)
MikePB
Posted: May 5 2012, 04:17 AM

Geekomancer

They're filming it now, so I would guess this fall?

--------------------

« Next Oldest | General Posting | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (27) « First ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2224 seconds | Archive