Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (27) « First ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Doctor What, Wait, I don't think I got that right
LuppyLuptonium
Posted: May 5 2012, 06:14 AM

Transcendent

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Yeah its starting late this year.

--------------------
user posted image
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: May 6 2012, 07:09 PM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (LuppyLuptonium @ May 5 2012, 02:14 AM)
Yeah its starting late this year.

They want this season to be the anniversary season, so they needed to either start late or have ludicrous delays between episodes if they were to get half of it this year and half next.

Or so I heard, I'm not a terribly reliable source of info.

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
Drekal
Posted: May 7 2012, 12:28 AM

Birthday Ninja

Member No.: 10

Not quite Zap, but close. See the thing is, the very first episode of Doctor Who (The frankly brilliant An Unearthly Child no really go track it down) aired the 23rd of November, 1963. By shifting the show towards autumn in this manner, they get the audience used to the idea in time for the fiftieth anniversary for next year.

I'm wondering if Moffat is going to keep with certain traditions regarding ten year anniversaries. I'd love to see how he'd handle Omega. Though I somehow doubt we'd see a multi-Doctor story, would love to see that too.

And yes, for those of you that paid attention to that date... it is the very day after the JFK assassination. Not to mention Aldous Huxley and CS Lewis' deaths. This is a piece of trivia that I can't help but be fascinated by because the timing is so Doctor Who.

--------------------
That which holds the image of an angel...
user posted image
Amy: You do have a plan, don't you?
Doctor: Of course I do!

New Objective: Think of a plan.
Blackdeathdraco
Posted: May 7 2012, 02:33 AM

Sage

Member No.: 32

Heh, I wish I could find the original Doctor Who (before the 9th doctor) that has Subtitles or Closed Captioning. My "Internet Scouring Powers" are not strong enough to find them.

--------------------
When I'm bored, I like to wander around and cast X-Zone on random things.

"Sanity is the illusion of the insane." -Me

img src="http://www.animecubed.com/billy/pics/sigs/BDD.jpg">

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Spriteless Girl
Posted: May 7 2012, 02:56 AM

Sage

Member No.: 22

QUOTE (Blackdeathdraco @ May 6 2012, 08:33 PM)
Heh, I wish I could find the original Doctor Who (before the 9th doctor) that has Subtitles or Closed Captioning. My "Internet Scouring Powers" are not strong enough to find them.

For the next best thing, you could google for the script and watch the show at the same time on netflix or whatever, with the pause button until you catch up reading.

--------------------
At any given moment it's hard to remember the headspace of every other given moment. But I live in space a lot.
Blackdeathdraco
Posted: May 7 2012, 03:02 AM

Sage

Member No.: 32

That may work, though I prefer more real time "transcripts" then alternating reading from the script and watching the show.

I did find http://mttu.asbo5.com/en/2011/06/faq/. It a site called Mission to the Unknown and its apparently Germans who make subs for both languages for those early doctors.

--------------------
When I'm bored, I like to wander around and cast X-Zone on random things.

"Sanity is the illusion of the insane." -Me

img src="http://www.animecubed.com/billy/pics/sigs/BDD.jpg">

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: May 7 2012, 04:30 AM

QUOTE (Drekal @ May 6 2012, 08:28 PM)
I'm wondering if Moffat is going to keep with certain traditions regarding ten year anniversaries. I'd love to see how he'd handle Omega. Though I somehow doubt we'd see a multi-Doctor story, would love to see that too.

I suspect that there'll be multiple Doctors for the anniversary, but just 9-10-11.

Maybe 8 too, Paul McGann isn't looking that old compared to the others, and 8 was the Doctor during the Time War, which is probably going to at least be referenced (and possibly involved in the plot if Omega is showing up), but I honestly doubt he'd appear.

This post has been edited by Zap Rowsdower on May 7 2012, 04:31 AM

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
LuppyLuptonium
Posted: May 8 2012, 05:43 AM

Transcendent

It would be nice for the movie doctor to appear in an episode.

--------------------
user posted image
Red Silvers
Posted: Jun 16 2012, 07:46 PM

Emperor

Member No.: 45

The Doctor died in my backyard.

Sorry, all.

--------------------
"Speaking of being terrible at games, Red fumbling with the blocks in Magnet Man's level has to be seen to be believed. If the definition of insanity has to do with expecting different results upon trying the same thing, then he must be one of the most insane people I've ever known." - Brickroad

The Guardian Legend - By Red Silvers (VLP): Our Red Silvers continues to find the weirdest worksafe pictures of the game's protagonist, a plane that transforms into a waifu.

Super Metroid - By Red Silvers (VLP): I think it's safe to say at this point, that Samus ain't leaving her suit once Red Silvers finally gets around the finishing this game.

Fantastic Dizzy - By Red Silvers (VLP): Fresh off his recent run of Super Metroid, Red Silvers tackles yet another, err... classic? (Egg-scuse me for being confused about Red Silvers' next choice.)
LuppyLuptonium
Posted: Jun 17 2012, 02:03 AM

Transcendent

What?

--------------------
user posted image
Spriteless Girl
Posted: Jun 17 2012, 04:59 AM

Sage

Member No.: 22

Who?

--------------------
At any given moment it's hard to remember the headspace of every other given moment. But I live in space a lot.
MikePB
Posted: Jun 17 2012, 05:24 PM

Geekomancer

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 30

Just the Doctor!

--------------------

I say! What a wonderful butler. He's so violent!"
--The Fourth Doctor - City of Death
Red Silvers
Posted: Aug 3 2012, 05:15 AM

Emperor

--------------------
"Speaking of being terrible at games, Red fumbling with the blocks in Magnet Man's level has to be seen to be believed. If the definition of insanity has to do with expecting different results upon trying the same thing, then he must be one of the most insane people I've ever known." - Brickroad

The Guardian Legend - By Red Silvers (VLP): Our Red Silvers continues to find the weirdest worksafe pictures of the game's protagonist, a plane that transforms into a waifu.

Super Metroid - By Red Silvers (VLP): I think it's safe to say at this point, that Samus ain't leaving her suit once Red Silvers finally gets around the finishing this game.

Fantastic Dizzy - By Red Silvers (VLP): Fresh off his recent run of Super Metroid, Red Silvers tackles yet another, err... classic? (Egg-scuse me for being confused about Red Silvers' next choice.)
Red Silvers
Posted: Aug 28 2012, 09:46 PM

Emperor

This weekend? That snuck up on me.

--------------------

Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Aug 28 2012, 09:54 PM

It can't come fast enough.

I made the mistake of watching Nash's Old Who reviews, and it got Doctor in Distress, the "we are the world" style protest save-the-show song from 1985, stuck in my head.

I need new episodes badly to SCRUB MY BRAIN.

This post has been edited by Zap Rowsdower on Aug 28 2012, 09:54 PM

--------------------
MikePB
Posted: Aug 28 2012, 10:39 PM

Geekomancer

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 30

lawl

I just watched his newest this morning... I... am still not sure if I was watching that, or if it was an exhaustion-fueled nightmare...

--------------------

I say! What a wonderful butler. He's so violent!"
--The Fourth Doctor - City of Death
Strykor
Posted: Sep 1 2012, 02:46 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,104

Well, you could always go and play this while waiting: http://www.doctorwhowit.com/
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Sep 2 2012, 03:11 AM

Now taking bets on how long that Dalek memory wipe lasts. They freaking have automated machines keyed to accept his testimony instead of a DNA sample, they're going to figure out his relevance via basic mechanical maintenance and non-psychicly-attached historical record eventually.

My money is on either until the season finale or until the 50th anniversary.

This post has been edited by Zap Rowsdower on Sep 2 2012, 03:11 AM

--------------------
Cyrus
Posted: Oct 5 2012, 08:07 AM

Guru

Member No.: 70

Just caught Angels Take Manhattan.

That episode was stupid. So stupid.

[Aside from the insanity of NOBODY NOTICING THE STATUE OF LIBERTY moving halfway across town (I'll give them that it's an effective visual, but I'm pretty sure there is literally never a point in time when someone isn't looking at that thing), the whole "the future can't change once we've read what's going to happen" is... stupid. Aside from the fact that people can lie (and River Song seems especially adept at that), it acts more like "the future happens like we assume it will based one what we've read" and the only reason they're proven right is because the plot says so.

I mean, so what if they see a gravestone in a cemetery at the end? That doesn't mean they're buried there. That means someone put a gravestone with their names there on it. It's stupid.

And what happened to those crazy time monsters that attack when you cause a paradox, anyways?
]

--------------------
user posted image
Nifar
Posted: Oct 5 2012, 09:53 PM

Sage

Member No.: 522

[On top of that, bringing back characters whose story was pretty much over already, just to kill them off is really shitty writing in a shared universe. Moffatt may be the head writer now, but that won't last forever, and by killing off his companions, he's preventing anyone in the future from ever using them. It's like bringing your toys to the sandbox, then not letting any of the other kids from playing with them. It's childish, and wasteful.]

--------------------
Out of Context Quote(s) of the Week: "Please don't stick bacon in my stab wounds."
« Next Oldest | General Posting | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (27) « First ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1393 seconds | Archive