Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Bloody revolt, When is it justified?
Alphawolf55
Posted: Oct 21 2008, 03:31 PM

Sage

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

As we all know, the United States came to be through a revolution against what we perceived as a relative tyranny of England, our Founding Fathers at one point found enough was enough and formed their own country. The Founding Fathers not only made further revolution by the citizens of its new country possible (1st and 2nd ammendment specifically) but some would say encouraged the use of violent revolt if our Government acted in a way to justify it. What I'm wondering is, when is that point? Why don't we as a Nation have a specific pushing point, a line in the sand of sorts to our leaders that say that when you cross that point we will take matters into our own hands and what is that line? At what point do we feel not only is violence justified but the right course of action?

--------------------

I dare you to look at this and not smile at least a little.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: Oct 21 2008, 03:40 PM

Too few posts for a custom title

Group: Group: Group: Group
Member No.: 2

I don't think the American Revolution was justified.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image -- Let us all study the Panzer and grow into beautiful, healthy women! --
-- 100+7 --

Arc: Can I ship you and FZ?
Forever Zero: I should never talk while I wank.

Arc: Are your panties still hazardous?

You awake in a 10x10 room.
CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12

hyenas, like bears, are dogs
Alphawolf55
Posted: Oct 21 2008, 03:44 PM

Sage

It's not about whether you agree with the American Revolution it's, is there ever a point where such violence is justified and if so when.

--------------------

Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: Oct 21 2008, 03:47 PM

Too few posts for a custom title

Group: Group: Group: Group
Member No.: 2

If it's just "when will America revolt now", the answer is most assuredly "some point after the loss of television and steady supply of food". Probably unemployment will help, since a long day's work saps energy away from dissent.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image -- Let us all study the Panzer and grow into beautiful, healthy women! --
-- 100+7 --

Arc: Can I ship you and FZ?
Forever Zero: I should never talk while I wank.

Arc: Are your panties still hazardous?

You awake in a 10x10 room.
CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12

hyenas, like bears, are dogs
Alphawolf55
Posted: Oct 21 2008, 06:20 PM

Sage

I'm not asking when will the people revolt in a "predict the future" sense. I'm asking, what point if there is any, should we consider the breaking point for us tolerating abusement of power by our Government that pisses us off so much that we decide it's time to use force to set an example for all future leaders.

Like is it when the Government takes all of our guns away, or bans all free speech, or detains an entire section of the US? I mean the majority of us at least pretend that we'd rebel against an abusive Government, but none of us actually have set guidelines on at what point would a Government finally be considered abusive.

--------------------

random_guy
Posted: Oct 30 2008, 02:07 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 668

I think the breaking point for most people is when they are the ones negatively affected by government action. For example, people might not care about whether or not someone else is using drugs, but they probably won't oppose the drug war if it does not affect them. However, drug users will fight back and utilize violent means, if necessary, in order to get access to drugs.
« Next Oldest | Serious Discussion | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0860 seconds | Archive