InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (79) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Digimon OOC Discussion, Digimon: Eternia of Destiny
raiderrpg
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 04:25 PM

Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,137

All right, guys... time to go for it.

Campaign Info: http://z4.invisionfree.com/Captain_SNES/in...post&p=11201334

Character Creation Rules:

Digidestinied Players:

Name

Usual outfit:

Digivice color: pick main and secondary color.

Crest: (From below list)

Partner: (rookie level, PM me your evolution up to Ultimate)
Baby, In-training, Champion, Ultimate

Card choices: 3. I'll pm you 2 more at random.

Background:

======
Digimon Players:

Digimon: Any rookie
Baby, In-training, Champion, Ultimate

Crest:

Background:

=====
Crests:
Courage
Friendship
Love
Sincerity
Knowledge
Responsibility
Hope
Wisdom
Virtue
Determination

Darkness and Light are taken for story reasons XD

Cards:
Hyper Power: Increases the strength of your partners attacks.
Hyper Speed: Allows your partner to move and react quickly.
Hyper Defence: Allows your partner to shrug off weak blows.
Recovery: Heals your partner slightly.
Iron Shield: Allows a digimon to ignore one physical attack.
Barrier: Allows a digimon to ignore one special attack.
Metal Attack: Increases your partners next physical attack.
Enhancer: Increases your partners next special attack.
seer's Touch: increases your digimons reaction time.
White Wings: Gives your digimon the ability to fly.

=====
And everyone pick a number between 1 and 10. First serve first come on that one.

Finally: most of the rolls and so on are from my place. Stunts and unuaual tactics give out bonuses on those rolles.

Each Digimon has 5 Stats:
Energy-This is their HP/MP. It runs low, they de-degivolve
Power-Attack Strength
Speed-Reaction time and such
Defense-How hard a hit they can take
Luck-How nice I am to them.

I'll give out these stats depending on your rookie and some random rolls.

Let the creation begin!

Edit: The rules for day-by-day

Every now and then you and your partner will have free time. Ino town, there are five areas you can spend this is:

The Mall: Go buy a booster pack of cards

The Movies: Have some fun with yourr partner

The Playground: Train to get a random stat boost.

Home: Yours, someone elses, whatever.

The --------------: Sorry, no big reveal yet... XD

This post has been edited by mordain on Jul 8 2009, 07:18 PM

--------------------
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Got Miltank?
raiderrpg
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 04:26 PM

Master

Reserved for characters to be placed here by me later...

Digimon list:
http://shiningevo.ultimatedigimon.com/ency...cyclopedia.html
Or
http://www.wikimon.net

No x-antibody or special types like Arkadimon

Players so Far:
=====
Zap:
Name: Harold "Harry" Rowsdower

Usual outfit: khaki cargo pants and a blue and white striped shirt, with leather jacket over it and a Cape Cod hat

Digivice color: Main color blue, secondary color green

Crest: Knowledge

Partner: Shakomon

Background: Harry is the standard snarky intelligent asshole. He spends most of his time studying and with schoolwork, and whatever time he's not doing that insulting the intelligence of those around him. He has a few cards from when his parents tried to get him to pick up card games as a hobby a few years back, but that never really panned out and he simply never got around to throwing them out. His best classes in school are biology and physics, which does not bode well for him in this type of situation. He has no real friends, thinking that such would be a waste of time; and thinks the standard motif in shows like digimon where the aloof person Learns The True Meaning of Friendship is utterly ridiculous. This, too, does not bode well for him in this type of situation. Has a well-repressed mischevious side, as he both enjoys it and sees it as beneath him to do something so puerile as play pranks- this manifests as snarking about the absurditiy of the people around him, usually.
=====
Sandy:
Name: Talismin Gozza (uses his last name)

Usual outfit: XXL white T-shirt, Baggy shorts (goes past the knees), unzipped winter jacket (with sleeves rolled up)

Digivice color: Main black, secondary color blue

Crest: Wisdom

Partner: Bearmon

Background: The quiet type and big for his age, Gozza never made very many friends. His strange demener at one time made him a target for bullying, but after a while that died out as more and more poeple realized they could not get a reaction out of him. He speds most of his free time watching cartoons, training in his brothers' dojo, or just staring into space. Ultimately he seems like he's just waiting for his life to begin. Under the serface, Gozza is actually a understanding and sympethetic person and often listens to poeple around him speaking about their problems. He will, every once and a while, try to impart any advice that he can.
=====
Trektek
Agumon
Crest: Courage
Background:
Agumon is a Digimon with a destiny or so he keeps telling himself. He spends his time searching for a human partner and trying to become stronger so that if he fails to find one that he can still fulfill his "destiny"
=====
Nifar
Name: Michael "Mike" Brunswick

Usual outfit: Black leather jacket with more straps and buckles than possibly needed, Lordi t-shirt, black cargo pants with enough chains and straps to hold down a small army, and a pair of over-the-ears headphones.

Digivice color: Black and red

Crest: Determination

Partner: Strabimon

Background: The definition of "more Metal than thou", Mike has several attitude problems, and little to no respect for authority. Despite their differences in attitude, him and Gozza hit it off at an early age, and have been friends since second grade or so. Mike has also recently developed a Don Juan complex, hitting on any female he encounters the falls withing 5 or so years difference (Upwards, of course. Mike's no cradle-robber). Mike enjoys a variety of games, and as a result, has several cards leftover from an old card game he used to play.
=====
Nefidean
Nefi! Yay!
Name: Tamarine Deldani

Usual outfit: She does where a school uniform when she is just comming from there, but her true usual out fit is a light blue off shoulder peasant shirt with flowing sleeves, khaki cargo shorts, tan hiking boots with ankle socks. She also wheres a small gold bell on a silver string around her neck.

Digivice color: Emerald green as the major color, and an olive/golden yellow as the minor.

Crest: Hope

Partner: Leormon

Card choices: Hyper Speed, Recovery, and White Wings

Background: Tami is a quiet teenage girl and normally keeps to her self. Gifted with great creative and imaginative skills, she is normally seen drawing, writing or making something with her hands. Labeled by most adults as a dreamer, she often finds her self drifting into a fantasy world. When things get too much for her, she withdraws into her own world to escape. After meeting Leormon, she finds her self drawing less and less into her and facing the reality around her. Though she still draws in to her own world, she is does it more release then escape.

This post has been edited by raiderrpg on Mar 7 2009, 10:58 AM

--------------------

Got Miltank?
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 04:38 PM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

Name: Harold "Harry" Rowsdower

Usual outfit: khaki cargo pants and a blue and white striped shirt, with leather jacket over it and a Cape Cod hat

Digivice color: Main color blue, secondary color green

Crest: Knowledge

Partner: Shakomon

Card choices: Hyper Speed, White Wings, Recovery

Background: Harry is the standard snarky intelligent asshole. He spends most of his time studying and with schoolwork, and whatever time he's not doing that insulting the intelligence of those around him. He has a few cards from when his parents tried to get him to pick up card games as a hobby a few years back, but that never really panned out and he simply never got around to throwing them out. His best classes in school are biology and physics, which does not bode well for him in this type of situation. He has no real friends, thinking that such would be a waste of time; and thinks the standard motif in shows like digimon where the aloof person Learns The True Meaning of Friendship is utterly ridiculous. This, too, does not bode well for him in this type of situation. Has a well-repressed mischevious side, as he both enjoys it and sees it as beneath him to do something so puerile as play pranks- this manifests as snarking about the absurditiy of the people around him, usually.

The number I pick is three.

This post has been edited by Zap Rowsdower on Mar 1 2009, 04:45 PM

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
Sandy
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 06:06 PM

Postinator

Member No.: 620

Name: Talismin Gozza (uses his last name)

Usual outfit: XXL white T-shirt, Baggy shorts (goes past the knees), unzipped winter jacket (with sleeves rolled up)

Digivice color: Main black, secondary color blue

Crest: Wisdom

Partner: Bearmon

Card choices: Seer's Touch, Hyper Power , Recovery

Background: The quiet type and big for his age, Gozza never made very many friends. His strange demener at one time made him a target for bullying, but after a while that died out as more and more poeple realized they could not get a reaction out of him. He speds most of his free time watching cartoons, training in his brothers' dojo, or just staring into space. Ultimately he seems like he's just waiting for his life to begin. Under the serface, Gozza is actually a understanding and sympethetic person and often listens to poeple around him speaking about their problems. He will, every once and a while, try to impart any advice that he can.

Common lucky number 2

This post has been edited by Sandy on Mar 1 2009, 06:08 PM

--------------------
woof indeed

Luppy- I played the Wii version.... It's a really fun ride. scantilly clad girls fighting zombies with Katanas
Kow-*Tells an inappropriate joke about other wrist pains, wiis, and scantily clad women*
Nifar- Usually you're able to come up with an actual joke. You off your game, man?
Luppy- quite so.... and masturbating apparantly

My favorite character from BlazBlue is Nifar. No, really.
TrekTek
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 08:12 PM

Postinator

Member No.: 819

DIGIMON
Agumon
Crest: Courage
Background:
Agumon is a Digimon with a destiny or so he keeps telling himself. He spends his time searching for a human partner and trying to become stronger so that if he fails to find one that he can still fulfill his "destiny"
He has red stripes and a scar across his right eye
Number 8
Baby:
Botamon
In Training:Kromon
Champion: Greymon
Ultimate: Metal Greymon

This post has been edited by TrekTek on Mar 2 2009, 03:22 AM
Nifar
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 09:26 PM

Sage

Member No.: 522

Name: Michael "Mike" Brunswick

Usual outfit: Black leather jacket with more straps and buckles than possibly needed, Lordi t-shirt, black cargo pants with enough chains and straps to hold down a small army, and a pair of over-the-ears headphones.

Digivice color: Black and red

Crest: Determination

Partner: Strabimon

Card choices: Metal Attack, Hyper Speed, and Recovery

Background: The definition of "more Metal than thou", Mike has several attitude problems, and little to no respect for authority. Despite their differences in attitude, him and Gozza hit it off at an early age, and have been friends since second grade or so. Mike has also recently developed a Don Juan complex, hitting on any female he encounters the falls withing 5 or so years difference (Upwards, of course. Mike's no cradle-robber). Mike enjoys a variety of games, and as a result, has several cards leftover from an old card game he used to play.

Lucky number 13. Wait, damn, I pick 5, then.

This post has been edited by Nifar on Mar 1 2009, 10:36 PM

--------------------
Out of Context Quote(s) of the Week: "Please don't stick bacon in my stab wounds."
raiderrpg
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 10:17 PM

Master

Trektek, please fill out the sheet properly.

Nifar, when you do your background I'll send your stats, but it seems okay.

Sandy, I'll accept your current digivolution line, and twist a bit for your ultimate; i know you'll like this one XD

and Zap... you did yours perfectly. so perfectly than when I'm not here, you are to help people who miss things, like Trektek did. Responsibility!

Keep in mind; we are using chars that are junior-highish in age, for the sake of the show, but the game starts on the last day of school.

Oh, and don't forget numbers... 2, 3 and 8 are taken.

This post has been edited by raiderrpg on Mar 1 2009, 10:17 PM

--------------------

Got Miltank?
TrekTek
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 10:41 PM

Postinator

Fixed. Sorry about that. My sheet now lists forms up to ultimate
raiderrpg
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 10:48 PM

Master

Still missing stuff.

cards, for example...

and you are supposed to pm your evolution to me.

--------------------

Got Miltank?
Nifar
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 10:49 PM

Sage

Digimon players get cards? If so, you might want to put that in their section.

--------------------
Out of Context Quote(s) of the Week: "Please don't stick bacon in my stab wounds."
raiderrpg
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 10:58 PM

Master

oh crud;

Alright, anyone who wants to play a digimon clearly put DIGIMON at the top of your post.

I'll; uh; send you the info, Trektek. though I would still appreciate it if you could put down something a little more. Like, does your agumon have any other features that look different from most other agumon?

--------------------

Got Miltank?
TrekTek
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 10:58 PM

Postinator

I get cards? It doesn't say that on the section for Digimon players
raiderrpg
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 11:03 PM

Master

Sorry, forgot you wanted to play the digimon, not the digidetined. fixed, sent you a pm.

You get something cooler than cards, in a way XD (but not as versatile)

--------------------

Got Miltank?
Sandy
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 11:16 PM

Postinator

Member No.: 620

should we put the other 2 cards you sent in our profile?

--------------------
woof indeed

Luppy- I played the Wii version.... It's a really fun ride. scantilly clad girls fighting zombies with Katanas
Kow-*Tells an inappropriate joke about other wrist pains, wiis, and scantily clad women*
Nifar- Usually you're able to come up with an actual joke. You off your game, man?
Luppy- quite so.... and masturbating apparantly

My favorite character from BlazBlue is Nifar. No, really.
raiderrpg
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 11:17 PM

Master

Only if you want the others, who you may fight, to know about them. same with your number bonus.

Its why I wanted your evolution lines to be a bit of a surprise here and there for the others; i find it adds to the game.

there like secret weapons, some of those.

and some are only good comboed with other cards. I'll have energy costs up in a bit, btw.

This post has been edited by raiderrpg on Mar 1 2009, 11:19 PM

--------------------

Got Miltank?
Nifar
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 11:18 PM

Sage

I still haven't been sent my stats or cards...

Edit: Nevermind, I just got the PM.

This post has been edited by Nifar on Mar 1 2009, 11:19 PM

--------------------
raiderrpg
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 11:20 PM

Master

i just sent yours a few minutes ago, Nifar.

Okay! Energy works like this:

you take damage from a regular attack?
1 energy gone.

Special attack?
depends on the attack.

If you get hit with a crit (1 in 5 chance, depending on your luck and theirs) you take damage equal to their power.

Energy used by attacks? is almost always 1-5 energy. for all your rookie attacks, just 1.

Digivolution:
1 energy per turn for champion.
3 energy per turn for ultimate.
Mega? it depends.

Digimon players have different rules.

And finally, cards: always 1 energy. Card comboes? far, far more. you stumble on one? the first time is half cost. stumbling on one only happens the first time in the game that combo is used.

For stat raising: training your digimon will increase one of thier stats at random; energy goes up by 4, all others by 1.

And finally: the first person who comes up with a card combo IN THIS THREAD before we begin, that has already been written into the rules, gets a single random stat raise. and a cookie. Just for early competition...

This post has been edited by raiderrpg on Mar 1 2009, 11:27 PM

--------------------

Got Miltank?
Red Silvers
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 01:28 AM

Emperor

Member No.: 45

I'm trying to decide if I want in on this or not.

--------------------
"Speaking of being terrible at games, Red fumbling with the blocks in Magnet Man's level has to be seen to be believed. If the definition of insanity has to do with expecting different results upon trying the same thing, then he must be one of the most insane people I've ever known." - Brickroad

The Guardian Legend - By Red Silvers (VLP): Our Red Silvers continues to find the weirdest worksafe pictures of the game's protagonist, a plane that transforms into a waifu.

Super Metroid - By Red Silvers (VLP): I think it's safe to say at this point, that Samus ain't leaving her suit once Red Silvers finally gets around the finishing this game.

Fantastic Dizzy - By Red Silvers (VLP): Fresh off his recent run of Super Metroid, Red Silvers tackles yet another, err... classic? (Egg-scuse me for being confused about Red Silvers' next choice.)
Nifar
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 01:30 AM

Sage

Yes, you do. C'mon, you're already in the Pokemon RP, why not the Digimon one too?

--------------------
Red Silvers
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 01:33 AM

Emperor

Member No.: 45

Well for one, figuring out a partner seems confusing.

--------------------
"Speaking of being terrible at games, Red fumbling with the blocks in Magnet Man's level has to be seen to be believed. If the definition of insanity has to do with expecting different results upon trying the same thing, then he must be one of the most insane people I've ever known." - Brickroad

The Guardian Legend - By Red Silvers (VLP): Our Red Silvers continues to find the weirdest worksafe pictures of the game's protagonist, a plane that transforms into a waifu.

Super Metroid - By Red Silvers (VLP): I think it's safe to say at this point, that Samus ain't leaving her suit once Red Silvers finally gets around the finishing this game.

Fantastic Dizzy - By Red Silvers (VLP): Fresh off his recent run of Super Metroid, Red Silvers tackles yet another, err... classic? (Egg-scuse me for being confused about Red Silvers' next choice.)
« Next Oldest | Serious RP | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (79) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1231 seconds | Archive