InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

The Compound 2.0, Under the Ice
Cyrus
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 09:42 PM

Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

The details of why it's wherever it is have always been kind of sketchy, but The Compound, general base of operations for the old Bastard Squad (especially after Carmichael's Bar burnt down), was always a vibrant place, filled with wacky individuals always up to wacky hijinks. After the OASIS incident, however, the crew ended up splitting and going their separate ways.

Nowadays, all the base is home to are shadows and silence.

--------------------
user posted image
Notty
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 09:49 PM

Annoying Little Boy

Member No.: 19

And it's here where Notty's emergency warp rune brings him, along side his three rescuees, Iyestorm, Nefidean, and Kirra.

The four land in a heap on the floor in the main hall. It's dark and chill in the room.

"Ow, ow..." Notty grumbles. He hops to his feet. "Ah, home, sweet home!" He says, chuckling as he looks around. He turns to the others, and helps them to their feet.

"C'mon, let me make you guys...at...home..."

He moves to take a step forward, but then falls, face-first, back onto the ground, landing with a thud.
Iyestorm
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 03:28 AM

Sage

Member No.: 191

"Whoa, you okay, kid?"

Iyestorm looked at the guy that teleported them here.

"Huh... Well, might as well find a place to put him. I have no idea where we are, so I'm gonna find out by wandering around and hoping there's no booby traps or anything. I'll come back if I find a couch or something."

With that, he started heading for the walls, looking for a light source. Then he banged his shin on something and swore, before continuing his search.

"...stupid darkness..."

--------------------
Dr. Wiley has surrendered. Mega Man has saved the planet from destruction. But will it last!!!

"Think about it, mate: legends! When has a legend ever not been true, huh? HUH?!"

--Marine, Sonic Rush Adventure

"Good Morniii--AGH! I can't do it! I don't wanna be cute! I wanna be a boy!"

--Ouran High School Host Club; Haruhi's English Voice Actor messing around.
Nefidean
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 06:47 PM

Councilor

Member No.: 404

Nefidean let go of the cat as she lowered her self to the ground. She closed her eyes as a soft subtle glow surrounded her. "Isha" she breathed.

Any one who heard the young girl speak could tell that her voice shifted slightly as she spoke the word. Before it was bubbly and crisp like a cool spring wind, now held an air of solemness and antiquity. But as soon as she breathed the word a dim light started to glow from finger tip. It continued to take the shape of a lick of flame that glowed enough to shine about 20 feet around her.

"Does this help anyone at all? How is the child?" She asked.

--------------------
I appologise for my failed attempt at spelling. ^-^;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
user posted imageuser posted image
Notty
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 06:53 PM

Annoying Little Boy

Iyestorm stumbles around, but finds a light switch...which doesn't work. There doesn't appear to be any electricity running in this place.

The light appears to Notty stirs a bit, who rolls over onto his back, and looks up. "...Huh...?" He mumbles, "What th' heck hit me...? ...And who are you guys...?"

He seems coherent, but a bit dazed. Notty massages his temples for a moment, "Oh...yeah...that's right...he's the guy with the hat, and she's the girl with the cute panties..."

"...Wait, what did I just say?"
Iyestorm
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 09:08 PM

Sage

"Yeah, thanks for the light. Looks like someone hasn't been paying the electricity bill. I think that means we should raid the fridge and see what's good and what's not. How about you guys?"

Iyestorm snickered at the dazed boy's comment.

"You gonna be okay, kid? Need a hand up?" He offered.

--------------------
Dr. Wiley has surrendered. Mega Man has saved the planet from destruction. But will it last!!!

"Think about it, mate: legends! When has a legend ever not been true, huh? HUH?!"

Nefidean
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 10:50 PM

Councilor

Nefidean's face got red as her face as the tiny flame flicked and almost went out before she pulled it back again. She sat fidgeting and looking away as she kept up the flame.

Kirra seemed mildly amused by this as she purred curling up beside the girl.

--------------------
Notty
Posted: Apr 17 2010, 05:37 AM

Annoying Little Boy

Notty's face turned just as red as the girl's as his brain finally catches up with his mouth,"Oh! Oh...uh...oh jeez, I'm sorry! I-I didn't mean it! But...I mean, not that you have ugly panties...Nonono! That's not what I meant! Aaagh!" He stammers, burying his face in his palms.

He spends the next few moments breathing in and out, trying to get a grip and maintain what little dignity he has left.

He wordlessly accepts Iyestorm's hand, and climbs to his feet. He turns to Nefidean, his eyes glued to the floor as he rubs the back of his neck. "So...yeah, sorry." He says, sheepishly.

He inhales deeply, then exhales, "Okay, let's try this again. My name's...well, it's honestly not important...so, just call me Notty, okay?" He says, a faint hint of a smile tugging at the end of his lips.

"Yeah, this place doesn't run on electricity. S'unreliable, you know. Miss, here, has the right idea, just watch...", he says, glancing at the tiny flame dancing on the end of Nefidean's finger.

After a few moments, the light from the flame grows brighter and brighter, despite no effort on her part. After about a minute, the entire room is lit up, brightly.

"I've got this whole place kind of jury-rigged to amplify magic, s'kinda my specialty, y'know?" He says, grinning.
Nefidean
Posted: Apr 17 2010, 11:19 AM

Councilor

Nefidean forgot her embaressment for the moment as she was impressed by the mages trick. "That is sooo cool! How did you do that? Is it hard? Can you teach me or is it one of those things that you can try to teach me, but I'll never get and you'll get frustrated and try throwing fire balls at me so maybe I shouldn't try learning it in the first place?" The young girl rambled.

"I would guess it would be the latter on that one." the cat mused with a chuckle. "There are a lot of people who seem to want to do that with you more and more these days."

--------------------
Notty
Posted: Apr 17 2010, 06:38 PM

Annoying Little Boy

QUOTE (Nefidean @ Apr 17 2010, 06:19 AM)
Nefidean forgot her embaressment for the moment as she was impressed by the mages trick. "That is sooo cool! How did you do that? Is it hard? Can you teach me or is it one of those things that you can try to teach me, but I'll never get and you'll get frustrated and try throwing fire balls at me so maybe I shouldn't try learning it in the first place?" The young girl rambled.

"I would guess it would be the latter on that one." the cat mused with a chuckle. "There are a lot of people who seem to want to do that with you more and more these days."

"Oh, of course!" He says, looking a lot more cheerful, "I mean it takes kind of a while to set up, but it's super handy! Come on, over here!" He says, grabbing her hand and dragging her over a corner of the room.

He points down to the floor, where a small marking is. "See, most of the stuff I do uses ink, but it's not like any kind of special ink or anything, just normal, every day stuff you'll find in any pen! But if you charge it with just a bit of energy, you can do all sorts of things with it! See, if you look at these lines...?" He says, pointing to four lines, one connecting to each corner, and one that goes up on the ceiling.

"See, the symbols each try to 'absorb' magical effects, but they each have the same...uh..I guess you'd call it 'tugging effect', so it just ends up stretching it to each corner of the room, allowing stuff like magical light to fill up a room. Took me kind of awhile to figure out that I needed to get all the corners...and it was pain doing all this drawing in the dark, but it's soooo worth it. Heh, if anyone else were still here, I'd get in soooo much trouble for writing on the walls...," He says, his smile fading just a bit. He shakes his head, "But anyway, yeah, that's the basics of it. If you want, I can even show you how to do some later, Miss...oh, um, sorry, didn't quite catch your name?" He says.

Nefidean
Posted: Apr 18 2010, 02:09 AM

Councilor

A pair of white fox ears popped out of the top of Nefi's head as she got close to look at the simple drawing on the floor. A tail soon fallowed as it swayed back and forth in excitement. "It's really interesting how this all works, I mean..." She mused half paying attention to what Notty was saying. "I wonder if there's something that works in reverse.... would it work on larger spells? Would that even be good for... well anybody? What happens if you clean up the marks, can you clean it up, what if the whole place get's flooded by a spell and everything washes away. Does it work on normal stuff too or just magical stuff... that could make cleaning easy.... I think..." She rambled.

The cat rolled her eyes from her spot twitching her tail in impatience. "The Child asked your name." She growled.

"Oh that's right... I don't know your name... what is it?" She asked curiously looking up at the boy.

"I meant your name." Kirra sighed shaking her head.

"But Kirra, you already know my name. Why would you want to hear it again? Did you hit your head?" The girl puzzled.

--------------------
Notty
Posted: Apr 18 2010, 05:36 AM

Annoying Little Boy

'Hah, she's kind of an airhead, but then if she followed along with everything I said, she's gotta be pretty smart...', Notty thinks to himself.

"Ah, the magic in the ink prevents most things from effecting it. It takes some doing to erase it." He pipes in. "And like I said, just call me Notty." He says, grinning.
Iyestorm
Posted: Apr 18 2010, 06:10 AM

Sage

"As long as we're doing introductions, you can call me Iyestorm. Yeah, it's not really a name. I don't really care. It sounds cool."

--------------------

Nefidean
Posted: Apr 19 2010, 06:49 PM

Councilor

"Well I'm Nefidean, but every one calls me Nefi... or M`lady, or Whyulittle.... then Kirra, that's Kirra over there, she normally growls or bites them... I never understand why."

The cat rolled her eyes. "Nefi will be fine to address her by, as Kirra is a fine name to call my by as well. It is a pleasure to meet you."

--------------------
Notty
Posted: Apr 20 2010, 12:39 AM

Annoying Little Boy

"Neffy, Iye, and Kirra! Gotcha. Nice ta meetcha~!" Notty says, grinning. "Okay, now then..." He kneels down on his knees, in front of the rune the floor, pressing his left pointer and middle finger against it. "And...charge." He says, softly.

A small humming sound is heard, and then suddenly, lights spring to life in the other rooms. The faint sound of buzzing indicates most everything in the building is running, as if the power that was cut had suddenly been turned back on.

"Okay, everything's running now. You guys feel free to make yourselves at home, okay? If you're hungry the kitchen's thataway, got a library down there, gameroom is somewhere in that direction, and the guest rooms are on the second floor...I'm sure there's tons other places too, if you just feel like exploring, though I'd steer clear of anything above the third floor. You're free to stay as long as you like! I...uhm...well, I've got some things I need to look into. I'll be up on the third floor, if you need me, okies?" He says, nodding at them.

He turns around, and makes his way up a flight of stairs.
Nefidean
Posted: Apr 20 2010, 05:56 PM

Councilor

Nefi blinked as the boy ran off. "Exploring? Yay! Kirra! We can explore! Let's go snooping." She said hurrying in the opposite direction. "I wonder what's down here!"

--------------------
Iyestorm
Posted: Apr 22 2010, 09:06 PM

Sage

"Well, I guess this place is safe enough. Even if it's not, you can deal with stuff. So I'll go this way. Lemme know if you guys find the fridge!" He called after them, and going in a direction that neither of them were.

--------------------

Cyrus
Posted: Apr 27 2010, 12:39 AM

Guru

QUOTE (Iyestorm @ Apr 22 2010, 01:06 PM)
"Well, I guess this place is safe enough. Even if it's not, you can deal with stuff. So I'll go this way. Lemme know if you guys find the fridge!" He called after them, and going in a direction that neither of them were.

Safe enough? Hmm... I wonder...

Iyestorm hears some awfully strange noises coming from up a flight of stairs that are ahead of him after he starts exploring.

--------------------
user posted image
Iyestorm
Posted: Apr 27 2010, 01:01 AM

Sage

Curiosity gets the better of him, and he heads up the staircase to investigate.

I hope we're not already on the third floor... but what the heck.

--------------------

Cyrus
Posted: Apr 27 2010, 01:18 AM

Guru

Iyestorm doesn't seen anyone or anything as he proceeds up to the next floor... in fact, it seems that the lights haven't even come on ahead of him here.

Or... no, the lights are on, but the shadows are... growing, making the whole hallway dark. And they're moving. And almost tangible. It snaps, and whips, all the while a raucous noise builds up.

There is a cracking sound, like thunder, and then...

Raider is violently ejected from his portal towards Iyestorm.

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | Serious RP | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1394 seconds | Archive