InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (15) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Strike the earth!, A new chapter of dwarven history begins
Blackdeathdraco
Posted: Oct 24 2010, 05:25 AM

Sage

Group: Members
Member No.: 32

I volunteer to be the immigrant to be a smith or gem crafter. icon_mrgreen.gif

--------------------
When I'm bored, I like to wander around and cast X-Zone on random things.

"Sanity is the illusion of the insane." -Me

img src="http://www.animecubed.com/billy/pics/sigs/BDD.jpg">

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Knight
Posted: Oct 24 2010, 05:35 AM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Okay, I did a bit of experimentation with a backup save. I won't be triggering Fun immediately. This should be interesting.
mordain
Posted: Oct 24 2010, 05:35 AM

Codewalker

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 72

Opal 15:

...it's not that I mind being kicked out of the city. The further away I can get from this morass of fat, lazy craftsdwarfs, the better. It's the fact that their reasoning for it is UTTER BULLSHIT.

I did NOT SHOOT THAT MORONIC NOBLE. Even if I had, I would've bloody well known better than to aim at his HEAD. Maybe his ass, so he would've withered away from being forced to stand! Just because I'm the only one of this brainless batch of so-called guardsdwarfs who can point a crossbow the right way more than one time out of three doesn't mean I bloody well shot him!

Granite 1, Year 126:

So, after almost a month's worth of despairing that the fat, weak slobs I got saddled with would collapse from the strain of being forced to walk for the first time in their lazy lives, we have arrived at our destination. They're taking a break while I scout around. There's a beautiful waterfall nearby, and enough trees to keep us in lumber for quite a while, but of course everyone else is more interested in this gleaming blue pillar of... stuff sticking out of the hillside.

Whatever.

Fortunately, the place seems peaceful - which is good, since I'm probably the only one here who could stand up to anything fiercer than a fieldmouse. We'll see how long that lasts, but for now, things are looking good.

So long as that asshole who claims to be a brewer can stop bitching to himself long enough to make us something to drink. I like looking at the waterfall, not drinking it.

--------------------
Live and learn - or die and teach by example.
Knight
Posted: Oct 24 2010, 06:49 AM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

For the record, my INvoluntary volunteers list currently includes every female on the forum. If you don't want to be included as an immigrant at some point, you may want to speak up.
Spriteless Girl
Posted: Oct 24 2010, 07:45 AM

Sage

Member No.: 22

I want to be a gemcutter. I like shiny rocks a lot. My real name is Lisa if you want me to volunteer for this expedition twice. Which might be helpful since apparently gemcutting is a midgame skill. Unless that pillar is a huge sapphire.

--------------------
At any given moment it's hard to remember the headspace of every other given moment. But I live in space a lot.
Ou des
Posted: Oct 24 2010, 08:52 AM

Clockwork Contraption

Member No.: 18

We won't ever find out unless he gets to digging into it.

Preferably using JJ to do it. Remember, there's no safer profession than mining.

This post has been edited by Ou des on Oct 24 2010, 09:00 AM

--------------------
user posted image
neobullseye
Posted: Oct 24 2010, 09:10 AM

Postinator

Member No.: 1,197

I vote for digging through an Adamantine vein as soon as Dwarfishly possible.
Also, sign me up as whoever points and laughs at the idiots who fell into death traps Creates protective gear for the fortress and otherwise creates/experiments on/with stuff.

--------------------
user posted image You have angered the dodgeball! The dodgeball attacks you. You are dead.

Wisdoms from Neobullseye - 3:11: A day that Leon doesn't get hurt is a day not lived.
MikePB
Posted: Oct 24 2010, 04:31 PM

Geekomancer

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 30

Opal 1:

What. The. Fuck.

It was completely self defense. That beard-fucking noble called me Michelle! NO ONE calls me anything but Mike and I will do the same thing to them I did to that piece of scrap ore noble! HA! Little rat turd. Never saw someone's head explode before. That was fun.

Opal 23:

I'm being exiled. Oh, they're calling it being a colonist. But it's an exile. Maybe I can get them to let me cook a last meal.

...where's the rest of that spice I used on that noble.

Granite 2: Year... whatever.
It's not been so bad. One look was all it took for even the self-styled "leader" here to call me by my proper name. Fucks.

I need to find more Spice. Just in case.

--------------------

I say! What a wonderful butler. He's so violent!"
--The Fourth Doctor - City of Death
Knight
Posted: Oct 24 2010, 05:46 PM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Adamantine! Armok's bloody beard, it's adamantine! Before starting on our initial shelter, I had Jon go over and carve off a sample of that twisting pillar nearby. It came off in twisted and tangled threads. There's only one metal that forms into strands like that. Forget noble, I could be KING with a find like this...

The instant he broke through, Jon went nuts, gibbering something about holes to hell and screaming at me to wall up the passage he'd made. It seems that the adamantine pillar here is hollow, stretching off almost straight down further than I could see. Not exactly a "hole to hell", but still strangely unsettling.

user posted image

I wall off the breach in the pillar to humor Jon. We don't have the resources to deal with this find yet anyway. To calm him down, I set Jon and Mich- err... Mike to digging us out a food cache and temporary shelter. The soil's shallow here and they quickly strike the dolomite core of the hill. I set all idle hands to hauling rocks out of the way and dumping it outside so we can move in. They can properly stack up the stone later.

user posted image

We're going to need some basic furniture as well. I let Mordain work off a bit of steam by murdering some nearby trees with that bloody great battleaxe of hers, and Algasir sets up a temporary workshop and stockpile. We'll get an indoor work area carved out soon enough, but this will do for now. While they work, I set to surveying this treasure Armok has seen fit to grant us. While below ground it seems to be a fairly vertical shaft, as it breaches the soil, it twists outwards in all sorts of strange shapes.

user posted image user posted image user posted image

It's going to take some careful scaffold-building to mine that properly. I'm still tempted to leave the upper portions intact for carving into some sort of statue... but no, there's FAR better uses for this priceless treasure. I can commission a proper monument later.

I hear someone calling to me from down the hill. It seems that the shelter has been finished and someone's holding a cavern-warming party. Sure, why not? We've got plenty to celebrate...

Adamantine! Holy shit, adamantine! I swear I did no cheating, or even location-scouting for this game. I selected this location because there was fresh water and dolomite, nothing else. Incidentally, in a backed-up save file, I test-mined down nearly a hundred levels and peeked into the empty adamantine shaft, without triggering anything, so for those of you who are familiar with "Hidden Fun Stuff", I'm sorry to dash your hopes, but we won't be having that particular flavor of fun any time soon.

So! Here's our temporary shelter, next to the adamantine pillar:
user posted image

Also, I have a question, would people rather I keep posting the large (if cropped) images in the thread, or post thumbnails with links to larger versions?
Red Silvers
Posted: Oct 24 2010, 09:01 PM

Emperor

Member No.: 45

Feel free to use me as a immigrant at some point. My dwarf mines the finest of silvers with such finesse that they call him Silvers.

--------------------
"Speaking of being terrible at games, Red fumbling with the blocks in Magnet Man's level has to be seen to be believed. If the definition of insanity has to do with expecting different results upon trying the same thing, then he must be one of the most insane people I've ever known." - Brickroad

The Guardian Legend - By Red Silvers (VLP): Our Red Silvers continues to find the weirdest worksafe pictures of the game's protagonist, a plane that transforms into a waifu.

Super Metroid - By Red Silvers (VLP): I think it's safe to say at this point, that Samus ain't leaving her suit once Red Silvers finally gets around the finishing this game.

Fantastic Dizzy - By Red Silvers (VLP): Fresh off his recent run of Super Metroid, Red Silvers tackles yet another, err... classic? (Egg-scuse me for being confused about Red Silvers' next choice.)
Red Silvers
Posted: Oct 24 2010, 09:02 PM

Emperor

Member No.: 45

QUOTE (Knight @ Oct 24 2010, 11:46 AM)
Also, I have a question, would people rather I keep posting the large (if cropped) images in the thread, or post thumbnails with links to larger versions?

Large ones in the thread if you can help it. It's annoying when you have to have multiple tabs just to read an LP.

--------------------
"Speaking of being terrible at games, Red fumbling with the blocks in Magnet Man's level has to be seen to be believed. If the definition of insanity has to do with expecting different results upon trying the same thing, then he must be one of the most insane people I've ever known." - Brickroad

The Guardian Legend - By Red Silvers (VLP): Our Red Silvers continues to find the weirdest worksafe pictures of the game's protagonist, a plane that transforms into a waifu.

Super Metroid - By Red Silvers (VLP): I think it's safe to say at this point, that Samus ain't leaving her suit once Red Silvers finally gets around the finishing this game.

Fantastic Dizzy - By Red Silvers (VLP): Fresh off his recent run of Super Metroid, Red Silvers tackles yet another, err... classic? (Egg-scuse me for being confused about Red Silvers' next choice.)
Spriteless Girl
Posted: Oct 24 2010, 09:03 PM

Sage

Member No.: 22

I like the large versions.

--------------------
At any given moment it's hard to remember the headspace of every other given moment. But I live in space a lot.
Knight
Posted: Oct 24 2010, 09:23 PM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Fair enough. I play full-screen, so I'll just keep the cropped areas to a semi-reasonable size.
Just Jon
Posted: Oct 25 2010, 01:56 AM

The Sexy One

Member No.: 3

Date: 3rd level of the shaft.

Well, so far, so good. The rocks is breakin' up easy, just like we thought. Hell, if we weren't s'far from my favorite brew, this job'd be like a dream! Better'n breakin' those damn sickle stones back at home. Took weeks t'get them outta my beard! The boss' got me going through deposits. Looks to be pretty smooth so far. Good t'be back underground, they had me lookin' at that damn whatsit up in the sky. Sky! No self respectin' dwarf needs sky. Candle's running out. More later.

Date: ADAMANTITE! BLOODY ADAMANTITE!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT IT'S ADAMANTITE! By the hairy beard of me grandmother, I've struck adamantite! Never thought I'd ever get the chance! It's so smooth, the way it breaks beneath m'pick is a marvel. Never again am I gonna forget this day, bloody Adamantite! Almost brought the cave down, I yelled so loud. Smart enough to get a little piece fer m'self, no one'll part me from it. They can have the beast, I got mine.. yeah, I got mine...

Date: After Adamantite
Hells and hogroasted haggis! I should've known, my old pappy told me but I never believed 'im! Adamantite, beautiful, sleek, wwonderful adamantite, is there t'block off the darkness we're never meant to explore! I told the boss, and thank Harry's Hairy nipples he listened. We're blockin' off m'sweet, delectable, wondrous adamantite fer now. We'll be back. I'll be damned if I let the demons have that treasue!

Date: Food and Shelter

Been sent t'dig out some space with tha' pretty little thing, Mike. Come hell're highwater, this job's been the best of me life. I got me adamantite. I gets t'work with some of the prettiest dwarf gals in the cave. The way we dug t'gether, was magic. I tell ya, everytime my pick moved earth, I knew she was watchin'. I put all m'best lines on 'er. Damn near sealed the deal, but ya can't woo a dwarf proper without brew. Hopin' the boss sees it my way and gets somethin' set up, or it's back to juicin' rocks. Bitter as hell but it'll get the job done. Candle's runnin' out. More later.

--------------------
No fanfare, no special effects... Just Jon
user posted image
Out of Context Quote: "God DAMN these electric sex pants!"
MikePB
Posted: Oct 25 2010, 02:02 AM

Geekomancer

Date: Who can tell?

Oh beer-soaked deer twats, that damn dwarf is eyeing me up again. I told him to bugger off after he demonstrating things with his pick that NO self-respecting dwarf gal should see. I swear, my beard almost fell the fuck out.

At least he hasn't tried calling me "Michelle"... I suppose he gets points for that at least. Lucky the boss confiscated all my Spice for rat control...

--------------------

Carmichael Micaalus
Posted: Oct 25 2010, 02:20 AM

Secretary of Maternal Relations

Member No.: 8

((Pssst! Notty is the other miner! Mike is the other farmer!))

--------------------
user posted image
Everyday I'm tumbl'n.
"This bitch is makin' me all Paru..." ~Hang in There, Kogasa-san!
Just Jon
Posted: Oct 25 2010, 02:44 AM

The Sexy One

Member No.: 3

Pfft, Knight put Mike to work digging, that's what I worked off of!

--------------------
No fanfare, no special effects... Just Jon
user posted image
Out of Context Quote: "God DAMN these electric sex pants!"
Knight
Posted: Oct 25 2010, 04:14 AM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

So I did! Well, I can work with that.
MikePB
Posted: Oct 25 2010, 04:46 PM

Geekomancer

I like that, aside from Car, the female dwarves are the foul-mouthed ones tongue.gif

--------------------

Knight
Posted: Oct 25 2010, 04:59 PM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

QUOTE (MikePB @ Oct 25 2010, 09:46 AM)
...female dwarves...

You mean... you? Notty hasn't posted. tongue.gif
« Next Oldest | General Posting | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (15) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2727 seconds | Archive