InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (206) « First ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Games 'n Stuff
Algasir
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 04:50 AM

Green hair!

Group: Members
Member No.: 140

If I actually used X-Box Live, or used my X-Box for anything other than a DVD player at all, I would probably be interested.
Arc
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 05:36 AM

Sage

Member No.: 254

Or if mine hadn't been busted for a year now ;-;

If you are interested at all in game coding, I have played the little beta thing they have and it shows promise.

Definitely more promise than $100 college books and lectures. Regardless you'll notice the presentation is very rough around the edges. They've just had a successful kickstarter to remedy that(Where Tim Schaefner goes, THE WORLD FOLLOWS), and apparently will be rebuilt over 6 months. You can pre-order it for a dollar :V

Even if you have no interest in making your own game it still might be entertaining as it gives off a vague portal feeling with puzzles, but to get the most out of the earlier parts you have to stave off the temptation to do it the lazy bastard way and try and figure out an funtional and elegant method.

--------------------
user posted image
QUOTE (Bob)
Don't worry, if the Bison ever take over the midlands Godzilla will take care of them. Just like he did with Bambi.
Algasir
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 10:43 PM

Green hair!

Started playing The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky today. It's a bit different from your typical Tactics style game (or at least the ones I've played) in the fact that one command takes up your characters turn. I was a little worried at first, but then I realized that selecting "Attack" auto-moves you to your target (or at least as far as you can get if you can't reach said target).

Also, the main character is a girl. I'm not sure if this will affect anyone's purchase, but it seems to be worth pointing out either way.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 12:41 AM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

No, the part of that post that affected my purchase was "Tactics". Too bad the nearest video game store is half an hour away.
Algasir
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 01:39 AM

Green hair!

If the nearest Wal-Mart is closer (I personally wouldn't include Wal-Mart in a description of 'closest video game store'), then the game is on PSN for $19.99, and the PSN cards you can buy at Wal-Mart give you $20.

Alternately, if you have the means of doing so, you can order it on Amazon for ten dollars more not counting shipping, and get some extra stuff (like a poster, a soundtrack CD, and a little badge).

EDIT: Speaking of PSN Cards, I completely forgot to get one of those so I could get Corpse Party. Oh well.

This post has been edited by Algasir on Feb 27 2012, 01:41 AM
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 03:23 AM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

Wal-Mart is also half an hour away. And I don't have a PSN account because I'd rather not fiddle with saying I'm a few years older than I am. Oh well.
Just Jon
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 05:33 AM

The Sexy One

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

Sounds like Small Town America syndrome there turtle. I had it too, it's hell on your hobbies.

--------------------
No fanfare, no special effects... Just Jon
user posted image
Out of Context Quote: "God DAMN these electric sex pants!"
Notty
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 05:43 AM

Annoying Little Boy

Member No.: 19

Speaking of games with female protags, I'd like to plug a really fun Megaman-clone flash game called Rokku Chan

It's ball-bustingly difficult at times, but it's honestly about as close to a new Mega Man game as we're likely to see for a while.
Gnarl
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 10:48 PM

Evil Bureaucrat

Member No.: 176

On Steam, the daily sale is the Guild 2 games for 75% off. If you like sandbox trader/merchant type games, this is a really good series to get into. You can play the nice guy trying to make a living from a number of different business tracks (Expanding to cover all of them over time if you wish), buying low and selling high, making goods, supporting your towns, getting elected, and being the hero of the medievalish world. Not only that but for those with a more violent streak, you can play a rogue that robs houses, illegally tolls the roads, loots ships and caravans, and murders their competition. The game has a huge amount of options in your interactions and how you go about things. I've played games as fire and brimstone preachers (Emphasis on the fire when it comes to my enemies), Kindly innkeepers with a prostitution racket on the side, and rogue lunatics with my army of bandits in the countryside.

If any of that sounds interesting, the game is 2.50. Only get Guild 2: Renaissance, Guild 2 Basic is the default game, and Guild 2: Pirates is an expansion pack to that. Renaissance is a stand alone expansion that has all the content for those two games along with more balancing and more content.
Just Jon
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 04:56 AM

The Sexy One

Member No.: 3

I agree with FZ on this. Guild 2 Ren is a fantastic timesink and a lot of fun, one of the few games I keep on my hard drive at all times. The only trouble with it is it can be really hard to understand how things work and how to get things going at first. I recommend finding the manual or reading a faq or something before getting too frustrated. When you break past the initial "wtf am I doing?" it's fantastic.

--------------------
No fanfare, no special effects... Just Jon
user posted image
Out of Context Quote: "God DAMN these electric sex pants!"
Knight
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 05:26 AM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

2.50 is well within my impulse buy range. I'll give it a shot.
ShadowWarriorLuke
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 04:29 PM

Sage

Member No.: 9

QUOTE (ShadowWarriorLuke @ Feb 23 2012, 09:35 PM)
Apparently Game has cancelled all preorders of it for whatever reason. Looks like I'll be getting my 10 back tomorrow morning and buying it somewhere else.

The story continues...

Now I've gotten an e-mail from Game saying my preorder for Mass Effect 3 has been cancelled and I'm getting a 5 store credit (probably get some MS points I guess, saves me searching for a collector's edition just for the day 1 DLC... you know what DLC I'm talking about). Thankfully I didn't spend any money on this one.

--------------------
"If shower heads could talk, mine would say KSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH..."
user posted image user posted image
"Darling Fascist Bullyboy, Give me some more money, you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman, Neil." - The Young Ones
"... SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH. Squeak squeak. You take too fucking long to shower. Anyway, that's what my shower head would say... don't interrupt me."
LuppyLuptonium
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 06:44 AM

Transcendent

Member No.: 6

The DLC that was announced at the same time as the collectors edition as part of it?

--------------------
user posted image
ShadowWarriorLuke
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 04:55 PM

Sage

Member No.: 9

The character DLC. But no matter, I'm not crazy enough to boycott the game or anything.

So apparently my 3DS was actually eligible for the ambassador thing where you get the 20 free games. I think I tried connecting back when it was first announced but because the only wireless access I can get is through my crappy old desktop and it decided to crash midway through the system update download. Nice to know that counted at least.

--------------------
"If shower heads could talk, mine would say KSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH..."
user posted image user posted image
"Darling Fascist Bullyboy, Give me some more money, you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman, Neil." - The Young Ones
"... SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH. Squeak squeak. You take too fucking long to shower. Anyway, that's what my shower head would say... don't interrupt me."
Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 08:31 PM

Too few posts for a custom title

Group: Group: Group: Group
Member No.: 2

Yeah, same thing happened to me. I ran out of batteries mid-update and couldn't find a charger for months. Then months after the deadline I just randomly had access to the games.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image -- Let us all study the Panzer and grow into beautiful, healthy women! --
-- 100+7 --

Arc: Can I ship you and FZ?
Forever Zero: I should never talk while I wank.

Arc: Are your panties still hazardous?

You awake in a 10x10 room.
CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12

hyenas, like bears, are dogs
Algasir
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 09:33 PM

Green hair!

So, Trails in the Sky. Playtime: 8:28:57...

...for the Prologue.

Granted, there's about an hour or so of idle time in there too, but still.

EDIT: "You're mother's protecting him."

This better not be a common occurrence, game.

This post has been edited by Algasir on Mar 3 2012, 09:44 PM
Carmichael Micaalus
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 07:16 AM

Secretary of Maternal Relations

Member No.: 8

Played a little bit of Mass Effect 3 tonight. Not too far in, but my favorite part so far -

Dr. Eve: Kekeke *hops on Kodiak and flies away*
Me: I fucking hate it when a game does-
Vega: Hold on yo, I gots this. *fucking shuttle-checks Dr. Eve out of the god damn sky and back onto the landing pad*
Me: Hahahaha! Holy shit that was great!

--------------------
user posted image
Everyday I'm tumbl'n.
"This bitch is makin' me all Paru..." ~Hang in There, Kogasa-san!
Arc
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 04:05 PM

Sage

Member No.: 254

--------------------
user posted image
QUOTE (Bob)
Don't worry, if the Bison ever take over the midlands Godzilla will take care of them. Just like he did with Bambi.
Knight
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 04:17 PM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Carmichael Micaalus @ Mar 7 2012, 11:16 PM)
Played a little bit of Mass Effect 3 tonight. Not too far in, but my favorite part so far -

Dr. Eve: Kekeke *hops on Kodiak and flies away*
Me: I fucking hate it when a game does-
Vega: Hold on yo, I gots this. *fucking shuttle-checks Dr. Eve out of the god damn sky and back onto the landing pad*
Me: Hahahaha! Holy shit that was great!

Yeah, I've been really surprised at the characterization. Even James, the replacement for last-game's bland military type Jacob, has some good characterization, backed by some moments of badass like that one.

Hell, this game made me like Grunt. It seems to be making a huge effort to bring back all the characters I didn't like much FIRST... then make me like them.
Ou des
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 01:58 AM

Clockwork Contraption

Member No.: 18

Whoever is responsible who Kai Leng should feel sorry for themselves.

He's even worse than that bugged eyed kid.

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | General Posting | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (206) « First ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1649 seconds | Archive