InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Draft the founder of Wikipedia to US Senate, Just something I dabble in...
The Tuxedo Warya Bob Clark
Posted: Mar 21 2011, 07:13 AM

Tuxedo Manwhore

Group: Members
Member No.: 53

just a little project I'm working on that I wanted to show you all

http://draftjimmywales.wordpress.com/

--------------------
I may not be the best, I may not be the most, but I am the FIRST!
Knight
Posted: Mar 21 2011, 07:27 AM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Politics go here.
Posted: Mar 21 2011, 07:50 AM

Tuxedo Manwhore

But i never follow the rules. laugh.gif

--------------------
Spriteless Girl
Posted: Mar 21 2011, 08:02 AM

Sage

Member No.: 22

Neat, but I am not Floridian.

--------------------
At any given moment it's hard to remember the headspace of every other given moment. But I live in space a lot.
Posted: Mar 21 2011, 08:42 AM

Tuxedo Manwhore

QUOTE (Spriteless Girl @ Mar 21 2011, 08:02 AM)
Neat, but I am not Floridian.

Neither am I, but I think it's time the Internet had a Senator.

*writes that down cause it sounds good*

--------------------
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Mar 21 2011, 03:48 PM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

I don't think so, as it is a worldwide community with little association insofar as economic services and regulation, jobs, or political boundaries are concerned. Internet denizens don't have nearly as much in common regarding desired legislation than those that live close together, due to a lack of shared cultural values, ethnicity, industries, and so on.

And most of the opinions he's professing there I disagree with, and most of 'em don't even have anything to do with the internet anyway, just politics as usual: Republican Side.

This post has been edited by Zap Rowsdower on Mar 21 2011, 04:22 PM

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
MFD
Posted: Mar 21 2011, 04:53 PM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

On the other hand, a pseudo government for the internet is a fascinating idea. Citizenship based on participation. The ability to vote in realtime from around the world... There would need to be an elected authority, but I envision a legislative branch like the Allthing from The Hyperion Cantos. Perhaps the main rule should be Facebook profiles standard.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Mar 21 2011, 05:03 PM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

Oh, that the Internet needs, or at least could use, a self-regulating governing body is, if not inarguable, at least compelling.

It just shouldn't be structured in terms of and/or replace meatspace-government, or be decided based on meatspace political issues.

This post has been edited by Zap Rowsdower on Mar 21 2011, 05:05 PM

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
MFD
Posted: Mar 22 2011, 12:34 AM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

Perhaps some sort of PAC. A non-governmental organization. "Taxes" or donations would go towards supporting things like net neutrality or lobbying against censorship laws in, let's say China.

Or Egypt during the Jasmine Revolution this year.

Dunno, just bouncing ideas around.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
Spriteless Girl
Posted: Mar 22 2011, 02:54 AM

Sage

Member No.: 22

I'm thinking stipulations like a union contract now.

--------------------
At any given moment it's hard to remember the headspace of every other given moment. But I live in space a lot.
« Next Oldest | Serious Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0489 seconds | Archive