Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

#652 Split Victory
The Tuxedo Warya Bob Clark
Posted: Mar 25 2011, 04:21 AM

Tuxedo Manwhore

Group: Members
Member No.: 53

I wonder how messed up Lucca is...

--------------------
I may not be the best, I may not be the most, but I am the FIRST!
Cyrus
Posted: Mar 25 2011, 04:24 AM

Guru

Member No.: 70

Well... her "when there's no hope, there's nothing to lose by trying" did pay off.

--------------------
user posted image
Ronfar
Posted: Mar 25 2011, 05:46 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,185

Lucca isn't blinking. Therefore, she's obviously still alive. (Everyone who died in FFIV blinked and then vanished - nobody left behind a corpse.)
Red Silvers
Posted: Mar 25 2011, 06:18 AM

Emperor

Member No.: 45

Lucca is captured and imprisoned with Marle in the present. She's alive.

--------------------
"Speaking of being terrible at games, Red fumbling with the blocks in Magnet Man's level has to be seen to be believed. If the definition of insanity has to do with expecting different results upon trying the same thing, then he must be one of the most insane people I've ever known." - Brickroad

The Guardian Legend - By Red Silvers (VLP): Our Red Silvers continues to find the weirdest worksafe pictures of the game's protagonist, a plane that transforms into a waifu.

Super Metroid - By Red Silvers (VLP): I think it's safe to say at this point, that Samus ain't leaving her suit once Red Silvers finally gets around the finishing this game.

Fantastic Dizzy - By Red Silvers (VLP): Fresh off his recent run of Super Metroid, Red Silvers tackles yet another, err... classic? (Egg-scuse me for being confused about Red Silvers' next choice.)
ShadowWarriorLuke
Posted: Mar 25 2011, 08:03 AM

Sage

Member No.: 9

Considering she almost died when Valvalis was killed I'm more wondering how Rydia's doing.

--------------------
"If shower heads could talk, mine would say KSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH..."
user posted image user posted image
"Darling Fascist Bullyboy, Give me some more money, you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman, Neil." - The Young Ones
"... SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH. Squeak squeak. You take too fucking long to shower. Anyway, that's what my shower head would say... don't interrupt me."
jzimbert
Posted: Mar 25 2011, 02:14 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,233

That battle started on April 24, 2004. One month shy of seven years ago. Was this the longest battle in video game history?
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Mar 25 2011, 02:35 PM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (ShadowWarriorLuke @ Mar 25 2011, 04:03 AM)
Considering she almost died when Valvalis was killed I'm more wondering how Rydia's doing.

Its possible that the Fiend of Earth lost his connection to Rydia when he became the Eater of Dreams, though.

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
Gaius
Posted: Mar 25 2011, 08:46 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

Yeah, I'm very curious what's going on with Rydia. Just a lot of questions about the mechanics involved...

Regardless of the EoD's connection, did she feel Valvalis-level backlash when Milon suffered death by Gato, or was she pretty okay because Milon didn't 'properly' perish?
Assuming she lost her connection when/just before he became the Eater of Dreams, was her reaction, "Huh, why did that happen?" "OH NOES! TEH SOVEREIGN IS CONTROLLING HIIIIMS," (from familiarity with the feel of Sorrow power. And with sincerity) or maybe pain on par with summon-death?
Assuming she didn't lose her connection (or at least not completely; it's possible the Sovereign was able to give Milon power and some autonomy when he died, but he technically remained Rydia's summon in some capacity), has she been aware of what happened (or at least a biased version of it) and does his destruction still cause Rydia the same amount of pain?

... Actually, on the nature of the Eater of Dream's destruction just now, I have two musings:
1) Somewhat speculative: EoD was offed by a weapon that resonates with Hope. It's possible Rydia will feel the pain of being bisected as before. But if she does, perhaps she'll also feel a burst of hope, too.
2) Incrediby speculative: EoD's last two words appeared over Lucca. It could be some combination of an aesthetic choice (didn't want to cover up anyone/anything important while keeping it readable) and an artistic one (putting it near Lucca to remind everyone of the impact he's had). However, perhaps it's some sign of his essence drifting into Lucca, and that Frog isn't completely right about the Eater's story being over. Even if the rest of it just amounts to swallowing any hopeful dreams Lucca may have.

... Longer than expected. Eheh...
bouseki
Posted: Mar 26 2011, 04:51 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 444

I juss have to say, after about six years of waiting for the end of this battle, I can happily embrace death

joy....
deathsbuddy
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 01:52 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,234

good to know that the captain's pants are finally in good hands.

--------------------
a friend to psychopomps and other celestial objects
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1990 seconds | Archive