zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

#700 Learning Too Late
Village Idiot
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 03:31 AM

Immigrant

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,243

Mother Brain's last words...
Pata Hikari
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 03:32 AM

Citizen

Member No.: 229

Imagine this airing on TV.
Atalas
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 04:54 AM

Citizen

Member No.: 1,208

yeah, Mother Brain's last words are thought porovoking. And we now know the full build-up to that little flashback from HOW many years ago? Of course, we still don't know the technical aspects. Like what precisely Omega Energy, and by extension Alpha Energy, are. We may not know until the final battle with the Sovereign, or after if it turns out to be some kinda "inner power that you realize you finally had or how to control said power you were aware of but didn't know how nto utilize". Though, more likely, it'll have to do with that little screenshot Ryan showed, asking about Alex's swearing.
Yamato-san
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 05:30 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,237

Mother Brain's last words are rather interesting... on one hand, she was probably just crying complete bullshit, but when you look at it another way, this seems to be yet another example of this comic invoking the sliding scale of idealism versus cynicism. She kicked Duke in during a moment of extreme frustration, but overall, she may've been expecting everything to turn out the same way that it always did, even thinking this death would not be permanent in any way (permanent deaths being unheard of for anybody prior to that point). Put this way, it would show that Mother Brain had a very self-deprecating side to her.
enlong
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 06:22 AM

Citizen

Member No.: 447

Hm....

Here's a question.

What does this mean for Super Metroid? I mean, Samus is currently in her Super Metroid incarnation. Just a thought.

What did Kevin mean about how she "ripped it from me"? Was that energy whatever was left of Duke, or something?
Algasir
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 06:27 AM

Green hair!

Member No.: 140

Mother Brain captured Captain N to extract his Omega Energy to make that hole, and Captain N then took that same energy from the hole to load into his Zapper.

This post has been edited by Algasir on Jul 23 2011, 06:30 AM
Village Idiot
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 08:05 AM

Immigrant

QUOTE (enlong @ Jul 23 2011, 06:22 AM)
Hm....

Here's a question.

What does this mean for Super Metroid? I mean, Samus is currently in her Super Metroid incarnation. Just a thought.

What did Kevin mean about how she "ripped it from me"? Was that energy whatever was left of Duke, or something?

The Space Pirates could have just built another Mother Brain, just not the Captain N's Mother Brain.
MFD
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 12:15 PM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

I guess this is when Kevin decides never to fight again.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
gopus
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 01:37 PM

Regular

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (MFD @ Jul 23 2011, 12:15 PM)

Possibly, though in the Max flashback is when they really hit home the fact that he will not fight anymore, which is about 12 years or so after the birth of the Princess. I'm hoping Kevin isn't so much a wuss that this will break him entirely.
ShadowWarriorLuke
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 01:56 PM

Sage

Member No.: 9

I'm not so sure. The Kevin/Lana part in this seems to take place after MB's death.

--------------------
"If shower heads could talk, mine would say KSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH..."
user posted image user posted image
"Darling Fascist Bullyboy, Give me some more money, you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman, Neil." - The Young Ones
"... SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH. Squeak squeak. You take too fucking long to shower. Anyway, that's what my shower head would say... don't interrupt me."
Sir Donald
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 03:24 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (MFD @ Jul 23 2011, 08:15 AM)

Nah, I'm thinking we're a few comics away from that point.

After all, at least one more will die in this mission. If it's by Kevin's Omega-Charged Zapper, then it may be then that he realizes the finality of Omega Energy. And thus hangs up the Zapper for good. Unless it can be discharged by Dr. Light. (And Wily getting the sample somehow; potentially to try to revive Mother Brain and Duke?)

Even then, though, this may be the incident that sobers him up somewhat, to the point where he uses the Zapper much less.

Anyway, what I'm wanting to see in #701(-702) is a bit of a diversion back to Alex & Ryan. "Let's stop here for a second. What do you think of that?" Then Ryan will evade the subject by pointing out how Retro-Megaman can be "heard" by Alex in this scene, with Alex (correctly) countering that he's merely relaying Proto Man's narration.

It would be a great debate about stuff like Preemptive Warfare and The Death Penalty. (Misters Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Limbaugh, call your offices!)

On the one hand, as a "Great Warrior" once said: "Once you start down the Dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."

On the other, Mother Brain not only was unrepentant in her killing of Duke, but also threatened the Princess with Murder

Back on the first hand, Mother Brain didn't know what she actually did until Kevin blasted her. So it may very well be that she did not intend Murder. (Which raises the question of, besides a coup de etat, what did she intend in #699?)

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
HeroicJay
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 04:25 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,207

I notice a gray dot on the ground near Mother Brain's controller after she gets Omegafied. Mistake? Remnants of MB? Something that will come up later?

Anyway, next one to die will probably be Megagirl or one of the invited villains - we can account for at least one thing done later by every other character present. Well, we can't account for anything done by "Kid Icarus", but 16-bit Mega Man previously mentioned him in a way that implies that he may not be dead.

This post has been edited by HeroicJay on Jul 23 2011, 04:34 PM
Teach
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 11:38 PM

Regular

Member No.: 15

There's some sort of wierd tentacle thing in the 9th panel. I thought it was Mother Brain's but it's not attached to her. Anyone know about it?

--------------------
user posted image
Join May and her brother Lloyd in an all new (but done before) pokemon adventure!

Pokemon Alpha & Omega!
Yamato-san
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 11:54 PM

Immigrant

so, does anyone think Simone will appear again? He wasn't confirmed dead thus far, only banished with his current whereabouts (as of the Max Force flashback) unknown.

This post has been edited by Yamato-san on Jul 23 2011, 11:56 PM
Village Idiot
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 06:01 AM

Immigrant

QUOTE (Yamato-san @ Jul 23 2011, 11:54 PM)
so, does anyone think Simone will appear again? He wasn't confirmed dead thus far, only banished with his current whereabouts (as of the Max Force flashback) unknown.

theamatuer
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 02:37 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (Teach @ Jul 23 2011, 11:38 PM)
There's some sort of wierd tentacle thing in the 9th panel. I thought it was Mother Brain's but it's not attached to her. Anyone know about it?

well, from looking at the positioning, the tentecle came from Si-
actually scratch that. I was about to say something that was never supposed to be.
JayDee
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 03:43 PM

Gamemaster
Group Icon

Group: Author
Member No.: 60

That tentacle is something I thought I erased. I'll fix it now.
Gaius
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 06:52 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

QUOTE (JayDee @ Jul 24 2011, 03:43 PM)
That tentacle is something I thought I erased.    I'll fix it now.

Huh. And yet...
QUOTE (HeroicJay @ Jul 23 2011, 04:25 PM)
I notice a gray dot on the ground near Mother Brain's controller after she gets Omegafied. Mistake? Remnants of MB? Something that will come up later?

Good eye, HeroicJay. I wonder what the dot will mean or do.
Yamato-san
Posted: Jul 25 2011, 12:20 AM

Immigrant

QUOTE (Village Idiot @ Jul 24 2011, 06:01 AM)
QUOTE (Yamato-san @ Jul 23 2011, 11:54 PM)

nice find... though I should point out it's not 100% confirmed. In that same panel, they mentioned a 1-up, plus the actual circumstances of death varies with each game world (in RPGs for instance, everyone just comes back from a save point). Still, if these were in fact permanent deaths, it would lend some closure to Simone as well as Bionic Commando and possibly Prince Lyle (though either way, I wouldn't mind seeing the full details behind Rock's past at some point, besides which, this only opens the door to another mystery: Simone's apparent return from exile).
Gaius
Posted: Jul 25 2011, 02:00 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

QUOTE (Yamato-san @ Jul 25 2011, 12:20 AM)
nice find... though I should point out it's not 100% confirmed. In that same panel, they mentioned a 1-up, plus the actual circumstances of death varies with each game world (in RPGs for instance, everyone just comes back from a save point).

It's possible Simone survived. There's a decent chance that last word Mega Man is covering up is 'dead,' but it might conceivably be something else. But, yeah, it's not what I'm banking on, until we get more info.

Regarding 1-Ups, we don't know enough about that situation. Maybe 1-Ups can actually revive someone if administered fast enough, but I suspect Prince Lyle was just low on lives, and Mario wanted to increase the odds he'd make it out alive.
As for RPGs and savepoints staving off death, that's only true for the Game Master.
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4334 seconds | Archive