zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

#721, Wherein Megs' backstory takes formation
JC123
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 05:51 AM

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 231

So Megs is hiding something, but have we gotten a look at alpha energy yet?
Gaius
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 05:58 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

We certainly know more about Omega energy. Alpha energy seems to be the power of the Warp Zone of Life and may be part of what makes Green Megaman ... the way he is. I'll go dig up some relevant comics in a bit. Though it's tricky to talk about, since we're unsure of the precise distinction between Alpha Energy and Hope, much like Omega Energy and Sorrow (aside from 'very strongly associated/connected).
The Tuxedo Warya Bob Clark
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 06:05 AM

Tuxedo Manwhore

Member No.: 53

Did Mega Man once try to take on SoS alone? I believe he tried becoming green and couldn't for some reason.

--------------------
I may not be the best, I may not be the most, but I am the FIRST!
Pata Hikari
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 06:42 AM

Citizen

Member No.: 229

QUOTE (The Tuxedo Warya Bob Clark @ Sep 26 2011, 06:05 AM)
Did Mega Man once try to take on SoS alone? I believe he tried becoming green and couldn't for some reason.
archaeo
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 07:26 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,236

Well, wasn't Roll's self-sacrifice a big outpouring of Alpha energy? And the Green Megaman... ugh. Maybe the next comic will involve Protoman explaining this to Alex, 'cause I'd sure like to know. Of course, I thought we'd get to see 8-bit Mario saving the day...

Either way, glad you're feeling better, JayDee; that post-wisdom-tooth phase is a real doozy, with or without drugs. I hope they gave you the good ones.
enlong
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 02:28 PM

Citizen

Member No.: 447

Green Megs threw out a wave of α energy when he came back out. That wave of hope and all that.
jaimehlers
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 04:31 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,261

Alpha energy can restore things that have been destroyed. Roll and Green definitively proved that by restoring the gate that Alex blew away.

Alpha energy also appears to be very effective against those influenced by the Sovereign. Frog was in the process of beating the Eater of Dreams with the Masamune, which is a source of Alpha energy, for example. Cecil was basically immune to Edward's sorrow-enhanced powers as well.

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
whiteblur
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 05:36 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 131

Man, I really wanted to know what happened with the Sovereign and Mario in Mushroom Kingdom. Ah well.

--------------------
"No way as way. No limitation as limitation."

"There is no constant. There are only ways."
MFD
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 05:57 PM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

We will need to ask the Ancient One.

Mario... we've suspected he is infected with Alpha energy...

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 08:25 PM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

I'm surprised no one's asked the most prevalent question yet: Why didn't Megaman want Hope to hear that?
jaimehlers
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 08:42 PM

Regular

Cause Megaman swore not to use the power of the Warp Zone of Life (presumably a source of Alpha energy) except in a time of greatest need (#577). Of course, if using it to fight against an all-powerful avatar of Sorrowful Despair isn't a time of greatest need, I dunno what might be.

This post has been edited by jaimehlers on Sep 26 2011, 08:42 PM

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
HeroicJay
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 08:44 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,207

Could be any number of reasons. One thing that still hasn't been resolved is that THREE characters died the day Mother Brain stole the Omega Energy, and King Hippo and Proto Man have only thus far mentioned two. And recall that Roll died when she sealed the gate with Alpha Energy?

I think that the use of Alpha Energy, at least in doses high enough to counter Omega Energy, may require a living sacrifice, and Hope knows it and does not approve.
jaimehlers
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 08:49 PM

Regular

QUOTE (HeroicJay @ Sep 26 2011, 03:44 PM)
Could be any number of reasons. One thing that still hasn't been resolved is that THREE characters died the day Mother Brain stole the Omega Energy, and King Hippo and Proto Man have only thus far mentioned two. And recall that Roll died when she sealed the gate with Alpha Energy?

I think that the use of Alpha Energy, at least in doses high enough to counter Omega Energy, may require a living sacrifice, and Hope knows it and does not approve.

Especially when you consider that Rock made it clear that Megagirl died (presumably) upon using that power.

--------------------
Dark Hawk
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 08:50 PM

Guru

Member No.: 17

Wasn't the third character implied to be Mega Girl?

The more pressing question is this. Mario was the only person known to stall the SoS and Mega was there.

Why didn't he listen to him, about the Giant Radioactive Q-bert?

--------------------
Notty: You yourself said you were the master of reusing tired jokes until they were so unfunny that they literally absorbed fun and happiness from the universe.

QUOTE (MFD @ Dec 2 2009, 06:36 PM)
I just cannot get Rosie O'Donnell fucking Barbara Streisand with a strap-on out of my head now.

Thanks.
~Good to see I haven't lost my touch~
HeroicJay
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 08:52 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,207

QUOTE (Dark Hawk @ Sep 26 2011, 01:50 PM)

Nope. She died more than five years later.

This post has been edited by HeroicJay on Sep 26 2011, 08:55 PM
gopus
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 09:17 PM

Regular

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (HeroicJay @ Sep 26 2011, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (Dark Hawk @ Sep 26 2011, 01:50 PM)

Megagirl was the Herald of Sorrow.

This post has been edited by gopus on Sep 26 2011, 09:17 PM
jaimehlers
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 09:19 PM

Regular

QUOTE (gopus @ Sep 26 2011, 04:17 PM)
Megagirl was the Herald of Sorrow.

That hasn't been stated as canon. Just that Megagirl gave her life to stop the Herald of Sorrow.

--------------------
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 12:14 AM

Councilor

I still don't specifically understand why Megaman specifically didn't want *Hope* to hear. I'm almost certain that Hope wouldn't be the only one to disapprove.
Cran
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 01:05 AM

Roxas!

Member No.: 42

Everyone else in the room was a warrior of some sort. They'd be more inclined to understand or be used to that sort of thing. Hope, perhaps less so.

--------------------
"When the sun goes down, the stars come out like the ghosts of yesterday,
So drink'em down, 'cause some things never change.
Baby sing, get loud. We ain't gonna fuck around.
When the sun goes down, let me hear you say...this is my town."

~Hollywood Undead, My Town

It's been fun guys.
Hasta.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 01:12 AM

Councilor

You have to remember that death, at least permanently, is still a very alien concept to them all. I doubt any of them would be prepared to sacrifice someone.
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0650 seconds | Archive