Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

#722 Singular Price, A power older than Videoland...
gopus
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 05:12 PM

Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 56

Hope is using the same phraseology as Aslan in the Lion, the Witch, and the Warddrobe, when he gave himself as a sacrifice for Edward. The power of substitution and sacrifice preceded the laws and rules established when Narnia first started. I suspect this is what is going to happen here.

"Kevin" cannot return to the Real World because he is Mirror Kevin, OR his loss of Omega Energy makes him more like the natives (my two favorite theories).

Alpha energy isn't a destructive force, according to Hope. It builds up, likely.
deathsbuddy
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 05:14 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,234

I don't think Hope dies, though. I think she seals herself along with the Sovereign...

--------------------
a friend to psychopomps and other celestial objects
gopus
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 05:31 PM

Regular

Member No.: 56

I don't think Hope will substitute HERSELF.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 08:46 PM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

Well, Proto said Hope was dead. This is probably where it happens.
Sir Donald
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 09:56 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

It is too bad that Mega Man's "Plan Y" (as I call it) is doomed to fail; I mean, adding hope to sorrow gives one a balanced perspective on life.

Or does it?

Perhaps the reason why Mega Man was denied the Warp Zone's power is that the power itself somehow knew that adding Life to Sorrow would not destroy, convert, or neutralize it...

It could make for an invincible foe...

Basicaly, Mega was equipped to fight The Shadow King. Cecil and Frog are better matches (excuse the pun) for the Sovereign.

Which leaves this question: How would a Gamemaster have made a difference against the Sovereign? I can't see it. I can see against the Shadow King, but not the Sovereign.

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
AngerFork
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 09:56 PM

Veteran

Member No.: 155

Well now, this brings about a very interesting question, one that I probably actually should've put in the crazy theories thread, but I don't fully have my theory done on this yet.

Presuming the Princess actually uses her spell (after MM's failure, of course), the SoS should be trapped in a seal that "no Videolander can break." Obviously, this means that the SoS will need someone from the outside world to break this seal. Given that the Gamemaster is the Sovereign's Champion, this would appear to be his duty as far as the SoS is concerned. This would explain a lot of who was behind the plan to first bring Alex to Videoland, especially as Lucca seems to be touched.

However, look a little closer at that last comic, and what happens to bring Alex to Videoland. Lucca sets up the device, but she's not the one that actually throws the switch and turns it on. Schrodinger is. Given what we've seen Schrodinger do since that summon, he definitely seems to know what he's doing.

Just what are Schrodinger's true motives here?

--------------------
Behold! The Fury of Cutlery!

user posted image
Awww...ain't she cute! You should click on her right now...

Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 10:45 PM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

Given that he's a "perfectly ordinary cat"... maybe a way back to the Real World and get to his Favorite Sunny Spot and Kitty Treats? I'll bet food taste is lesser, and sunlight doesn't feel as nice, when in sprite form.

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 01:30 AM

Councilor

No. Schrodinger definitely has a good reason for what he's doing. And I believe that the cat brought Alex to Videoland because, while he is the only one that can set her free, he is likely also the only one that can completely destroy her. And unless she is destroyed, the touched still suffer. Though...I seem to remember one particular comic where Alex hints that he had not completely defeated the Sovereign yet (in the present, that is). I think the exchange went something like this:

Ryan(?): Good thing you beat the Sovereign, huh?
Alex: Yeah...

Notice the ellipsis. That tends to imply that there's more to it than that. Now if only I could remember which comic it was.
Dark Hawk
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 03:10 AM

Guru

Member No.: 17

Obviously the perfectly ordinary house cat, houses the mind of the SOS.

--------------------
Notty: You yourself said you were the master of reusing tired jokes until they were so unfunny that they literally absorbed fun and happiness from the universe.

QUOTE (MFD @ Dec 2 2009, 06:36 PM)
I just cannot get Rosie O'Donnell fucking Barbara Streisand with a strap-on out of my head now.

Thanks.
~Good to see I haven't lost my touch~
Gaius
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 03:15 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

For sussing out Schrodinger's objectives, all I can think about beyond what's been mentioned here is that Alex, while still unsure, has speculated the cat's presently trying to bring Ryan and Alex into some kind of final confrontation. But, if Schrodinger's seeking to end the Sovereign, perhaps the Alex-Ryan conflict is just another step: if Alex hasn't destroyed the Sovereign (as feels likely, to one degree or another), dealing conclusively with Ryan might be necessary before Alex can go on to really finish things with her.
Magil
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 06:32 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 132

This is what brings about the Great Change, isn't it?
MFD
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 12:34 PM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

QUOTE (Dark Hawk @ Sep 28 2011, 10:10 PM)

No. The Mask does.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
AngerFork
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 03:28 PM

Veteran

Member No.: 155

QUOTE (Magil @ Sep 29 2011, 12:32 AM)
This is what brings about the Great Change, isn't it?

That's what I'm betting on...perhaps the Princess' spell has the side effect of completely redoing the landscape of Videoland. Or perhaps that's what it is...a spell to rebuild Videoland from the ground up, including sealing away all evil.

QUOTE ("Sir Donald")
Which leaves this question: How would a Gamemaster have made a difference against the Sovereign? I can't see it. I can see against the Shadow King, but not the Sovereign.

I don't see why not. I mean, a Gamemaster would likely be immune to Omega Energy, which takes away one of her strongest weapons. And keep in mind that Videoland works in the way the Gamemaster expects it to, making said Gamemaster at least as much a potential force of nature as the SoS.

QUOTE ("aturtledoesbite")
No. Schrodinger definitely has a good reason for what he's doing. And I believe that the cat brought Alex to Videoland because, while he is the only one that can set her free, he is likely also the only one that can completely destroy her. And unless she is destroyed, the touched still suffer.

Good point. She can still build up her army even in her current state of seclusion. Which would make it a matter of time before Videoland is destroyed anyhow.

--------------------
Behold! The Fury of Cutlery!

user posted image
Awww...ain't she cute! You should click on her right now...

Sir Donald
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 04:39 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (aturtledoesbite @ Sep 28 2011, 09:30 PM)
Notice the ellipsis. That tends to imply that there's more to it than that. Now if only I could remember which comic it was.

This one (which really should add the "Lonely Cell" tag).

Also, the Sovereign, for some reason, knows nothing about the cat. How would you not know anything regarding the actions of an ally? Especially when said "ally" does things that (seem to) frustrate your resurrection? (That last one also needs the "Lonely Cell" tag...)

QUOTE (Angerfork)
I don't see why not. I mean, a Gamemaster would likely be immune to Omega Energy, which takes away one of her strongest weapons. And keep in mind that Videoland works in the way the Gamemaster expects it to, making said Gamemaster at least as much a potential force of nature as the SoS.

That merely keeps the field neutral. That doesn't tell me how the Gamemaster is supposed to be able to be victorious over the Sovereign. (And, no, I don't call Sealing her away a victory... Alex himself says so in a comic that I can't seem to locate. ("If I had done what you did...")) Neutralizing her, converting her, setting her at peace, whatever... (So not destroying her either...)

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
mordain
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 05:45 PM

Codewalker

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 72

For the people commenting on comics that need location tags, this is because of the way the tagging process occurred and later changed. Many of the early comics are going to lack location tags. Pointing all of them out individually is not necessary.

--------------------
Live and learn - or die and teach by example.
Dark Hawk
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 05:57 PM

Guru

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (MFD @ Sep 29 2011, 08:34 AM)
QUOTE (Dark Hawk @ Sep 28 2011, 10:10 PM)

No. The Mask does.

I was being pretentious.

--------------------
Notty: You yourself said you were the master of reusing tired jokes until they were so unfunny that they literally absorbed fun and happiness from the universe.

QUOTE (MFD @ Dec 2 2009, 06:36 PM)
I just cannot get Rosie O'Donnell fucking Barbara Streisand with a strap-on out of my head now.

Thanks.
~Good to see I haven't lost my touch~
MFD
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 06:16 PM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

I think you mean facetious.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
Gaius
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 08:24 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

Facetiously pretentious?
jaimehlers
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 01:20 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,261

QUOTE (Gaius @ Sep 29 2011, 03:24 PM)
Facetiously pretentious?

No, pretentiously facetious.

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 01:25 AM

Councilor

Um. Can anyone explain what those words mean?
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1056 seconds | Archive