zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

#723: Choices that Shape Destiny, Or, Send in the Cannon Fodder
Cyrus
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 05:42 AM

Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

So, how many non-snes NES heroes do you think they'll throw at the sovereign before Hope breaks out her self sacrifice jazz hands?

(hint: the answer is probably all of them)

Edit: aaaargh, typo in the thread title, where I can't change it. Can a mod swap that to 723?

This post has been edited by mordain on Oct 2 2011, 06:11 AM

--------------------
user posted image
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 05:46 AM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

Heh. Nice job with the title, Cyrus.

Anyway, I wonder exactly who Hope saw as the New Gamemaster. Also of note: Ryu, Bionic Commando, and Simon are sexist.
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 05:46 AM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

Interesting, Alex chose not to come. He won't leave "her"... real world Hope? Could the vital status of real world Hope have been connected to Videoland Hope, is there time travel and she wanted to keep him from going? More questions than answers...

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 05:48 AM

Councilor

Remember, Alex was the second New Gamemaster. Whoever it was that Hope met was Captain Super N, who never came to Videoland.

Edit: Thinking on it, it's likely either Ryan or Bob. I doubt that a new character would just pop up out of nowhere.

This post has been edited by aturtledoesbite on Oct 1 2011, 05:48 AM
Cyrus
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 06:12 AM

Guru

I guess the other big question is if Ryan has red hair as well as Alex, or if young Alex was just pure hearted.

--------------------
user posted image
Rolan7
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 06:32 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,247

On my first read I started with "You can't be serious" and went clockwise, so I ended with
Ryu: "I blame feminism"
Megaman: "You... You can't do that"

Kevin's still acting reeeaaally odd. I don't know exactly how, except that he's acting coldly pragmatic about his loved ones. I'm sure alpha/omega energy is involved some how, looking forward to how this plays out.
Village Idiot
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 07:52 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,243

QUOTE (Cyrus @ Oct 1 2011, 05:42 AM)
So, how many non-snes NES heroes do you think they'll throw at the sovereign before Hope breaks out her self sacrifice jazz hands?

(hint: the answer is probably all of them)

Edit: aaaargh, typo in the thread title, where I can't change it. Can a mod swap that to 723?
gopus
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 12:09 PM

Regular

Member No.: 56

Awwww, Alex won't go to Hope to save Hope because he wants to stay with Hope to save her.
Nafael
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 01:08 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,221

This might not be the place to ask this and I apologize for derailment, but speaking of people that "were lost to the sovereign..."

http://www.captainsnes.com/2009/09/04/591-subtext/

Can someone tell me besides Mother Brain and that poor dog... who else was lost?
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 03:08 PM

Councilor

1) I'm telling you guys, whoever it was Hope saw in the portal was not Alex. Alex was his replacement.

2) We don't yet know the third victim to the final battle with Mother Brain.
Cyrus
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 03:30 PM

Guru

QUOTE (aturtledoesbite @ Oct 1 2011, 07:08 AM)
1) I'm telling you guys, whoever it was Hope saw in the portal was not Alex. Alex was his replacement.

2) We don't yet know the third victim to the final battle with Mother Brain.

My personal feeling is that Alex feels he's not the true game master because he's not pure hearted now. He coulda been prophecy material back when he was meant to come through. Plus, memories of the real world are iffy in video land, said event coulda happened to him and he doesn't remember it.

As for the other victim in the mother brain battle, there's been implications it's megagirl, but I'm not sure if she died then, or later.

--------------------
user posted image
jaimehlers
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 04:10 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,261

It can't have been Megagirl, because she was shown alive at the victory celebration afterwards.

And yeah, I think Alex was supposed to be the actual Gamemaster, but for whatever reason chose not to come through. Nine years of real life can change a person, for better or for worse.

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
Etheric
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 04:22 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 418

"This is the heart of Videoland. She won't be able to destroy it as long as an heir lives."

Is it just me, or does Princess Hope sacrificing her life sound like a Very Bad Idea to anyone else? She's likely the last of the Royal Family...
Sir Donald
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 05:23 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

For all we know, whomever it was that Hope PoV heard was talking about someone or something unrelated to any of this.

The most logical explanation would be either Alex or Bob or some hitherto-fore unmentioned boyfriend protesting either Hope moving away or him moving away from Hope.

It's quite likely the Gamemaster, whomever he was, didn't even know there was a call to begin with.

Also, even without Etheric's point, Captain N's orders make total sense to me. I mean, think about it: Would you rather send the Heiress of Videoland, or an Old Solider who is bent on protecting her? (And then there's the fact that the former is Kevin's daughter and the latter is a living robot.)

I can even see Kevin saying something like this: "Dear, you yourself said that Videoland depends on having a member of the Royal Family alive. And you're my and Mom's only child. Without you, Videoland has no future. We have to keep you alive at all costs!" (he may even bold those same last 3 words...)

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
jaimehlers
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 05:31 PM

Regular

Now the Herald of Sorrow's attack on Hope makes (some) sense.

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 06:20 PM

Councilor

I honestly don't think the Herald was working with the Sovereign. I don't even think she was malevolent. One theory I read somewhere on here is that the Sovereign is Lana. If that's the case, then the Herald was simply trying to stem the problem in the bud. I mean, if the Herald was working for the Sovereign, why would she warn them of her?

Also, Proto's already said that Megagirl died protecting Hope and them from the Herald.
jaimehlers
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 07:24 PM

Regular

I don't think it's likely that the Herald is working with the Sovereign either. My point was that if the Herald was, for whatever reason, then the attack on Hope made sense.

--------------------
TheRealKrazyCarl
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 07:39 PM

Councilor

Member No.: 190

Small sprite error on Hope JayDee; Hope's hands aren't white / gloved when she's facing forward, but they are when she's profile. Thought you'd like to know.

--------------------
Check out my 1up blog!

Never doubt yourself, EVER..... everyone else is doing enough of that for you. - LuppyLuptonium

For a man to be my friend, he must be my equal in all things. He too, must be a dreamer, one who persues that dream regardless of cost, even if it means the death of my own - Griffith,
Berserk

X-Box Live ID: Captain PSX

Pokemon Pearl Friend Code 0945 9341 8654, Name: Carl
FF3 Friend Code 064535863503
Calemyr
Posted: Oct 2 2011, 12:00 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 393

My theory is that Alex was, back when they tried to get him last time, a pure-hearted soul. Then, whatever happened to Ryan in the summer of 91 happened, and that pure heart was broken. Alex is basically the real world equivalent of Megaman, a shining soul tarnished by the harsh realities of constant tragedy.

This post has been edited by Calemyr on Oct 2 2011, 12:01 AM
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Oct 2 2011, 12:45 AM

Councilor

In the summer of '91, Alex would have been 12. I highly doubt that they would have gotten a Gamemaster so young, if only because he likely didn't have as extensive of a playlist at that time.
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2410 seconds | Archive