Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

#739 Prelude to a Kiss
Algasir
Posted: Nov 11 2011, 08:05 AM

Green hair!

Group: Members
Member No.: 140

Poor Mog.

--------------------
user posted image
Tonberry2k
Posted: Nov 11 2011, 09:15 AM

Veteran

Member No.: 54

Interesting that we're considering Mog's English magic. I guess Ramuh less taught it to him and more bestowed it upon him. Glad Ultros and Chupon are around. And nice job on the suited up sprites. Relm looks a lot like Katarin. O_O

--------------------
user posted image

Sam: Norm you look down, what's wrong?
Norm: New boss chewed me out. Said I "Lack enthusiasm".
Cliff: Well, is that true?
Norm: I, uh I dunno. Maybe. Who cares?
jaimehlers
Posted: Nov 11 2011, 03:26 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,261

Edgar: "As soon as I say 'peace', my hand should go to my auto crossbow. Anyone who so much as twitches gets shot."

Who said video game characters couldn't learn from experience?

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
HeroicJay
Posted: Nov 11 2011, 05:04 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,207

QUOTE (jaimehlers @ Nov 11 2011, 08:26 AM)
Who said video game characters couldn't learn from experience?

Clearly, someone who never played an RPG.

That's all the FF6 playables except Shadow, Gogo, and Umaro. Shadow (as Clyde) was seen in Nexus; are Gogo and Umaro not showing up because of their status as secret characters, or because they're not civilized enough (but Gau apparently is)?

And to those who ask, no, Gogo does not die at the end of FF6, at least not canonically. S/he falls into that pit, but if you watch carefully, you'll see him/her on the airship in the final scene (indeed, you'll see everyone you recruited except Shadow.)

Also: I know JayDee had issues with dress!Relm, but it looks like she shrinks between the first and sixth panels.

This post has been edited by HeroicJay on Nov 11 2011, 05:08 PM
Cyrus
Posted: Nov 11 2011, 05:05 PM

Guru

Member No.: 70

Completely what I'd expect from Ultros. But, of course, since we know this is what's supposed to go wrong, obviously something else is going to come along to mess up the ceremony. Any bets from the audience so far?

--------------------
user posted image
Knight
Posted: Nov 11 2011, 05:39 PM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

From our lead-in comic, something to do with why "who came first" with the shadow king and the sovereign doesn't matter...
Cador_2004
Posted: Nov 11 2011, 09:20 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 406

Honestly I think Strago really does speak Moogle, and Mog's just screwing with him.

--------------------
All of us [in the world] are insane. What we call sanity is just the ability to control it.
user posted image
Thanks to Koal from the Middle Ground for making.
The Huse
Posted: Nov 12 2011, 10:23 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 638

QUOTE (Cyrus @ Nov 11 2011, 05:05 PM)
Completely what I'd expect from Ultros. But, of course, since we know this is what's supposed to go wrong, obviously something else is going to come along to mess up the ceremony. Any bets from the audience so far?

Sorrow Touched Espers I say.
Who cares how or why.

I'm wondering what's the issue with the Relm sprite? Looks good to me.

This post has been edited by The Huse on Nov 12 2011, 10:24 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Knight
Posted: Nov 12 2011, 11:09 PM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

From what I gathered, it was a total bitch to create a formal dress for her.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Nov 12 2011, 11:15 PM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

Obviously, Ultros and Chupon aren't what's going to go wrong. After all, they're dropping in at the same time Edgar pulls out his crossbow. Those two are probably similar to Eggplant Wizard in terms of their role. That is, speed bumps.

As for what *does* go wrong...it could potentially be the Shadow King. At the very least, what happens here will start the chain of events leading to the Shadow King.
HeroicJay
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 12:26 AM

Regular

QUOTE (The Huse @ Nov 12 2011, 03:23 PM)
I'm wondering what's the issue with the Relm sprite? Looks good to me.

I suspect JayDee's issue is that Relm is shorter than all the adult humans, but taller than all the other children, making her harder to modify. A guess, anyway. Gau wasn't an issue since he already had sprites for the suit.

I don't think her new sprite looks bad. I just think it makes her look shorter than in her normal outfit. I haven't actually compared though.

QUOTE (aturtledoesbite @ Nov 12 2011, 04:15 PM)
As for what *does* go wrong...it could potentially be the Shadow King. At the very least, what happens here will start the chain of events leading to the Shadow King.

The Shadow King was before the Great Change, so unless you suggest that a) FF6's world existed before the change, or b) time travel was involved, I don't think this is likely.

This post has been edited by HeroicJay on Nov 13 2011, 12:28 AM
archaeo
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 01:15 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,236

QUOTE (HeroicJay @ Nov 13 2011, 12:26 AM)
(snip) The Shadow King was before the Great Change, so unless you suggest that a) FF6's world existed before the change, or b) time travel was involved, I don't think this is likely.

Things are obviously a little weird with timelines, etc. But check out 715, especially JayDee's post-comic snark. We can't even really know if the Shadow King died behind that portal.

I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen though. I did have a massive breakthrough about the whole Alex v. Ryan plot, but I'll keep that to myself/put it in the crazy theory thread.
Gaius
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 01:32 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

QUOTE (archaeo @ Nov 13 2011, 01:15 AM)
QUOTE (HeroicJay @ Nov 13 2011, 12:26 AM)
(snip) The Shadow King was before the Great Change, so unless you suggest that a) FF6's world existed before the change, or b) time travel was involved, I don't think this is likely.

Things are obviously a little weird with timelines, etc. But check out 715, especially JayDee's post-comic snark. We can't even really know if the Shadow King died behind that portal.
Agreed. Non-flashback Alex said the Shadow King is "deader than dead," but neglected to say where or when. It certainly looks like it happened just before the Sovereign kicked her omnicidal rampage into full throttle, but we just flat-out don't know enough about what really happened that day. JayDee's comments might not mean the Shadow King survived the Great Change, though; just that he'll pop up (or has popped up) in other comics. Which... should come as a surprise to absolutely no one. ^_^o
EDIT: To clarify, just playing devil's advocate with that last bit: I'm not saying 'the Shadow King is alive post-Great Change' is so unlikely (not least because I still suspect he's Bob, based on mostly circumstantial evidence).

I did have a massive breakthrough about the whole Alex v. Ryan plot, but I'll keep that to myself/put it in the crazy theory thread.

By all means, share your little slice of madness! If you're so inclined, anyway.

This post has been edited by Gaius on Nov 13 2011, 01:44 AM
HeroicJay
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 11:02 AM

Regular

Um, I was responding to the FF6 events "leading to the Shadow King". Even if he didn't meet his end before the Great Change - in fact, I suspect he didn't die as Kevin said at all (we never saw his body!) - he certainly met his START before it.

And, yes, time is relative in Videoland and in the real world, but that's a pretty bizarre time difference.

I actually think that this FF6 arc is not going to involve the SK so much as explain why he's irrelevant to the Sovereign's rise, exactly as Alex said it would. I know, crazy theory, right? Actually taking what Alex said at face value?

This post has been edited by HeroicJay on Nov 13 2011, 11:06 AM
Meagen
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 12:19 PM

Veteran

Member No.: 20

Remember, Alex insisted that Ryan needed to see the events in Nexus or the Kain/cat fight wouldn't make sense - and it turned out the only necessary part was a single line from Wily explaining about the Met Helmet.

It might be a similar thing, where stuff happens, evil attacks, the situation is resolved, and then one of the guests goes "oh hey, that reminds me of a flashback" and then we get to see a single frame explaining more about the Shadow King.

--------------------
Do you think this thread has enough ponies? I think it needs more ponies.
PhotoBucket DeviantArt

@Meagen of the DFB Crew on City of Heroes
gopus
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 02:47 PM

Regular

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Meagen @ Nov 13 2011, 12:19 PM)
Remember, Alex insisted that Ryan needed to see the events in Nexus or the Kain/cat fight wouldn't make sense - and it turned out the only necessary part was a single line from Wily explaining about the Met Helmet.

It might be a similar thing, where stuff happens, evil attacks, the situation is resolved, and then one of the guests goes "oh hey, that reminds me of a flashback" and then we get to see a single frame explaining more about the Shadow King.

The Kain/Cat flashback isn't resolved yet, so there might be more to it.

There probably isn't, but there could be :-).
Sir Donald
Posted: Nov 14 2011, 02:18 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (Meagen @ Nov 13 2011, 08:19 AM)

If it would remind a guest of a flashback:

A: That guest would have to be a dimensional traveler (Though Gogo's appearance in FF5 means that FF6 doesn't necessarily need an outsider to fill that role)

B: It wouldn't be just a single panel (The link doesn't have the flashback itself, just Alex's reason why no flashback would be a single panel.)

EDIT: As for "Place Your Bets":

QUOTE (ATurtleDoesBite @ #738 Discussion)
Oh dear. It can't be good when this wedding is viewed as a sign of peace between the Returners and the [former Imperial Nation]. After all, nothing ever goes as planned during peace conferences of any sort between opposing factions. Mainly because if it did, then the entire scene would be more-or-less uninteresting and therefore not be there in the first place. I'm predicting that something goes wrong. Horribly wrong.

plus

QUOTE (Tonberry2K @ #736 Discussion)
Locke- The Rachel plot was cleaned up in-game and he's getting married. I think he's ok.

equals

Celes has not long to live. And when she dies, Locke will relapse making him a perfect servant for the Sovereign. (With the reverse, Celes can be comforted that at least Rachel would be there for him in the after life... but who would be there for her now? (Try a Lot of bachelors...))

This post has been edited by Sir Donald on Nov 14 2011, 03:40 PM

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0921 seconds | Archive