InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

#746 Say it with Flowers, POMF 2: The Pomfening
Gaius
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 05:25 PM

Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,232

Right, that's what I was going for. Sorry about not being clearer. Morph is awesome, but because it can't be used in every fight and lasts longer the more fights you hold off on it, it's usually only pulled out in boss battles. Kinda funny: in a random encounter, Sketch and Runic are usually wastes of a turn as a result of not being good enough, while Morph is usually a waste of a turn as a result of being too good for ordinary monsters.

As far as the girls are concerned, Magic is their 'bread and butter' ability. Blitz, SwdTech, Steal, Tools, Rage, etc. are all reasonably solid uses of a turn in most given situations, while Morph, Runic, and Sketch aren't going to be pulled out in many battles (Morph has been discussed; Runic is handy against TunnelArmr* and the first Kefka; Sketch is... a not completely abhorrent option in a small handful of bouts, at least including an easy end to Ultros Fight #3).

* barring Thunder Rod shenanigans.

... Heh. I'm not sure if it was part of that discussion I read however long ago about 'bread and butter' abilities and gender, but... Through that lens: Control is a much more applicable ability than Sketch (taking a foe out of the equation completely is handy on its own), which Relm only gets by putting on a Fake Mustache, i.e. making herself look more like a man.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 10:12 PM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

I don't think I ever used Morph*. Yet, oddly, my party was usually Terra, Sabin, Celes, and Edgar. Huh.

*Probably because I did Vanish/Doom as soon as I could. dry2.gif

Also, the Sketch glitch shown a few comics ago is actually easily manipulable to give you pretty much whatever you want. None of them, however, give you 4000+ Paladin Shields (there's a 202 shields one, though).
HeroicJay
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 11:44 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,207

I was tempted to point that out with the GameFAQs Sketch Guide but thought it overly nitpicky. I don't feel like looking it up now, but if memory serves, the only item you can get more than a few hundred of is the Dirk, which you get in droves pretty much every time you trigger the glitch.

And you actually Vanish/Doomed bosses? Coward's way out, that. (And impossible in the GBA version on anything immune to Doom/Death/X-Zone/Banish.) Though now I'm left wondering whether Alex did that...
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 8 2011, 02:47 AM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

Well, one particular instance gets you 381 Illuminas, several give you 255 whatevers, and another particular one gives you "like, over 1000" Sword Breakers.

Also, I Vanish/Doomed because a) that was the only bug I knew of and felt like exploiting it, and b) it was my first time playing FFVI, so I thought it was going to be hard. Pfft.

Also, whether Alex did it or not will likely have no effect on the plot. However...if the X-Zone ends up being a place where Alex/whoever ends up, and Alex was particularly fond of the Vanish/X-Zone variety...I think you can see what that might cause.
Blackdeathdraco
Posted: Dec 8 2011, 04:38 AM

Sage

Member No.: 32

The mention of Cyan makes me remember of the Psycho-Cyan glitch. I wonder if Alex ever used that?

Though that is out of the picture due to imp no longer available.

--------------------
When I'm bored, I like to wander around and cast X-Zone on random things.

"Sanity is the illusion of the insane." -Me

img src="http://www.animecubed.com/billy/pics/sigs/BDD.jpg">

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1305 seconds | Archive