InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

748 - see, nothing to worry about bitey!
Spriteless Girl
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 09:32 PM

Sage

Group: Members
Member No.: 22

Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck.

--------------------
At any given moment it's hard to remember the headspace of every other given moment. But I live in space a lot.
mordain
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 09:43 PM

Codewalker

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 72

You know, I noticed... this comic doesn't answer the question of if Terra is touched now at all or not.

--------------------
Live and learn - or die and teach by example.
HeroicJay
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 09:53 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,207

Locke and Celes are going to have quite the wedding day stories to tell their kids, huh?

Presuming they live long enough to HAVE kids...
Gaius
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 10:44 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

The fan! Shit has hit it! Again!

And poor Kefka. He goes through all the trouble of getting randomly deus ex machina'd back to life, and an old man with a heart condition is presently getting more attention. No wonder he's grumpy.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 10:44 PM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

So, let's see now. From least to most important:
1) Methinks Strago is just suffering a small side effect from having magic blown back into his body. Coupled with the fact that he's old.
2) To go with the previous, magic has obviously returned. Mog can speak, and Terra is in Trance.
3) Out of all 22 people (wow, this reception is bigger than about half of the towns in the world) shocked by Kefka's return, Celes is the only one that realizes the kid is involved.
4) Mog is a pervert.
HeroicJay
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 10:49 PM

Regular

QUOTE (aturtledoesbite @ Dec 14 2011, 03:44 PM)
3) Out of all 22 people (wow, this reception is bigger than about half of the towns in the world) shocked by Kefka's return, Celes is the only one that realizes the kid is involved.

Terra just flew away, and no one else was talking to maybe-Kidia, so Celes and Relm are the only people left who even could realize.

And Relm is probably a little more focused on Strago's heart attack.

This post has been edited by HeroicJay on Dec 14 2011, 10:50 PM
mordain
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 10:49 PM

Codewalker

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 72

1) He's also possibly suffering a heart attack from seeing Kefka back for no apparent reason.

2) Duh.

3) Celes, Terra, and Relm were the only people talking to her. Of those, Terra is in no position to be thinking clearly, and Relm is both younger (and thus likely has less critical thinking skills), and is distracted by 1).

4) Which means that Strago actually can speak Moogle. Interesting. I wonder why. Also, linking tvtropes is a very mean thing to do to certain members of this forum.

--------------------
Live and learn - or die and teach by example.
HeroicJay
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 11:09 PM

Regular

QUOTE (mordain @ Dec 14 2011, 03:49 PM)
4) Which means that Strago actually can speak Moogle. Interesting. I wonder why. Also, linking tvtropes is a very mean thing to do to certain members of this forum.

He's a master of magic, and more specifically, a Blue Mage, who has to learn how monsters cast their spells. I think being multilingual would serve him well.
AngerFork
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 11:16 PM

Veteran

Member No.: 155

I've got some actual thoughts on this that I'll provide in a bit, but real quick fairly stupid question first: why is Cyan calling Strago "Sir Magus" in the first panel?

--------------------
Behold! The Fury of Cutlery!

user posted image
Awww...ain't she cute! You should click on her right now...

Gaius
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 11:21 PM

Regular

QUOTE (AngerFork @ Dec 14 2011, 11:16 PM)
I've got some actual thoughts on this that I'll provide in a bit, but real quick fairly stupid question first: why is Cyan calling Strago "Sir Magus" in the first panel?

According to the credits, Strago's full name is Strago Magus.
HeroicJay
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 11:21 PM

Regular

QUOTE (AngerFork @ Dec 14 2011, 04:16 PM)

"Magus" is his last name.
AngerFork
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 11:42 PM

Veteran

Member No.: 155

Ah, thanks! Just was a spot confused with the other Magus, currently hanging out with Mario.

--------------------
Behold! The Fury of Cutlery!

user posted image
Awww...ain't she cute! You should click on her right now...

Knight
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 11:44 PM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I do wonder if there's a certain overconfidence among the PCs about Kefka's return. Possibly confidence borne of being level 99 and utterly stomping his arse the last time they fought. >.>
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 11:49 PM

Councilor

Let's not forget that they have magic now. Which leaves a little less than half of the room's population (either 9 or 10; can't remember if Gau could use magic or not) with the ability to Ultima-nuke him to death and beyond. Again.

EDIT: Also, even without Strago's surname, a magus can technically refer to any sufficiently advanced magician. Such as Magus (obviously), Strago, and pretty much all of the PCs.

This post has been edited by aturtledoesbite on Dec 14 2011, 11:51 PM
HeroicJay
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 11:56 PM

Regular

QUOTE (aturtledoesbite @ Dec 14 2011, 04:49 PM)
(either 9 or 10; can't remember if Gau could use magic or not)

The only permanent plaable character in FF6 who could not cast magic was Umaro. Gau could either cast it through some of his Rages, or by NOT Raging and just selecting the "Magic" command once Espers entered the story.
Sir Donald
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 11:59 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

True, HJ. Whether or not he was allowed to is another matter entirely.

(And based on the linked comic, I'd have to guess he wasn't allowed...)

On a side note, that they were all in the same room, (and that that room is suddenly devoid of bookshelves, I actually thought the girls were in the outer Foyer) was more of a shock to me than anything else.

Uh, oh... I think I hear strange music outside... And now there's this ligh...

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 15 2011, 12:00 AM

Councilor

I knew his Rages had magic. I just couldn't remember if he had his own Magic command, unlike Umaro. So that means ten people in there have both the means and reason to nuke Kefka. Unless I miscounted the number of magically-capable party members in there.
Knight
Posted: Dec 15 2011, 12:25 AM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Gau is likely only slightly higher level than Spoony, since Alex considered him "useless" and likely never had him in the party.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 15 2011, 12:40 AM

Councilor

Good point. Hower, the case still stands that there at at least 3-4 people in there that can cast Ultima. And only 3-4 are allowed in battle at any time (depending on if Kefka takes standard form or monster form). I probably should have considered that earlier. tongue.gif
Gaius
Posted: Dec 15 2011, 12:42 AM

Regular

QUOTE (Knight @ Dec 15 2011, 12:25 AM)
Gau is likely only slightly higher level than Spoony, since Alex considered him "useless" and likely never had him in the party.

This is probably true. To play devil's advocate, though, it might depend on how much of a completionist Alex was. Spoony is last playable less than half-way through the game, but Gau is part of the final party. I'm not going to assume it's true, but it's possible Gau was raised to level 99 and taught every spell.

But yeah, we'll probably find out for sure soon enough, and it seems beside the point.

Unless there's some factor we can't perceive (like the party wasn't fully equipped for the wedding, or Touched shenanigans -- any shenanigans, really -- come into play), Kefka's probably going to lose in a straight fight. So, for narrative reasons, I don't think a straight fight is very likely.

EDIT: Kinda-sorta-Baron'd.

This post has been edited by Gaius on Dec 15 2011, 12:44 AM
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0803 seconds | Archive