InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

#751 - Words of True Inspiration, or; The ten-second circle of life.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 12:00 AM

Councilor

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,266

Well, at least the girl should realize Kefka's not a nice guy now.

Also, I notice how, according to Edgar's and Celes' dialogue, he actually seems to have less HP with each resurrection. So this "kidnapping" of his should take about...oh, I dunno, 3 seconds?

EDIT: In the panel where Locke says "Is...is he getting weaker?", exactly what is his left eye doing? I can't tell.

This post has been edited by aturtledoesbite on Dec 25 2011, 12:13 AM
Immolation
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 01:26 AM

Eternal Flame

Member No.: 86

He's giving a quizzical look, turtle.

--------------------
"How much time do you need?"
"Whatever you can get me. When the EMP goes off-"
"When it goes off, I'll be fine. It only affects computers, remember? And I, am a motherfucking ghost"
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 01:34 AM

Councilor

Ah, okay. I see it now. It was a tad hard to tell before, since the white of his eye blends in with his face.
ShadowWarriorLuke
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 02:24 AM

Sage

Member No.: 9

You know, given Locke can steal clothes off a salesman/soldier I'm pretty sure a girl being held by most likely her collar should be no trouble.

--------------------
"If shower heads could talk, mine would say KSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH..."
user posted image user posted image
"Darling Fascist Bullyboy, Give me some more money, you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman, Neil." - The Young Ones
"... SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH. Squeak squeak. You take too fucking long to shower. Anyway, that's what my shower head would say... don't interrupt me."
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 02:49 AM

Councilor

I just realized. Kefka's "inspirational words" are actually flawed in their meaning. Manslaughter is the unintentional killing of a person. Obviously, if you laugh during manslaughter, then it's not unintentional. So, it looks like Kefka is as smart as he is kind. tongue.gif

Also, calling it: Kid's gonna tap into the Shard again (unintentionally, of course) and completely eliminate Kefka from existence.

And then I realize the irony of Kefka being on the receiving end of manslaughter. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by aturtledoesbite on Dec 25 2011, 02:53 AM
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 03:05 AM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

Or she might end up MAKING him nice via brainwashing...

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 03:13 AM

Councilor

You know, I'm pretty sure there are a few things that are hard-coded in Videoland. Y'know, like Kefka's evilness.

EDIT: Reading over this, I see that my meaning is unclear. This is a joke.

This post has been edited by aturtledoesbite on Dec 25 2011, 03:18 AM
Village Idiot
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 09:07 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,243

Good lord, if Kefka is going down in one regular attack, and you can steal a Megaelixer from him, imagine the possibilities if Locke equipped Mug?
HeroicJay
Posted: Dec 26 2011, 06:33 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,207

QUOTE (Village Idiot @ Dec 25 2011, 02:07 PM)
Good lord, if Kefka is going down in one regular attack, and you can steal a Megaelixer from him, imagine the possibilities if Locke equipped Mug?

Locke actually explained said consequences in plain English, and by the end of the comic, Kefka was dying without anyone even landing a blow. So, uh, way to repeat the joke?
LuppyLuptonium
Posted: Dec 26 2011, 07:19 AM

Transcendent

Member No.: 6

If she said power of laughter, he'd be stronger than ever.

--------------------
user posted image
Spriteless Girl
Posted: Dec 26 2011, 10:32 PM

Sage

Member No.: 22

The Returners dodged a bullet on that, at least so far.

What the little girl assumes to be true happens, but what she tells people to do is merely normal verbal imperatives not super control powers. She can alter the nature of powers and states of existence, but not states of consciousness and will.

She has the less creepy kind of omniscience.

--------------------
At any given moment it's hard to remember the headspace of every other given moment. But I live in space a lot.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 05:45 AM

Councilor

The less creepy kind? I didn't realize there was a way to mold reality without being creepy.

Also, it's not necessarily "what she assumes to be true". After all, if it were, then Kefka would have returned as a nice clown. But yes, she cannot force someone to do something any more than we can.

Also, who here thinks she's Rydia, and if so, why? Who here thinks she's someone else, and if so, who/what and why? I think it would be a good idea to get all the theories out here so we can hopefully figure out something we may have missed.
Ti-Phil
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 05:27 AM

Citizen

Member No.: 471

Kefka's HP going down like a peeper..
That one made me laugh!

--------------------
Strykor
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 06:16 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,104

You know, I'm surprised the following image wasn't used as the symbol of friendship instead of two interconnected circles: user posted image
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0773 seconds | Archive