zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Let's Play...Something!, Yay for user input!
LuppyLuptonium
Posted: Jan 14 2012, 07:58 PM

Transcendent

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

SWAT-TAH!

--------------------
user posted image
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Jan 15 2012, 04:46 AM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

Well, since it seems that's all of the meaningful chatter I'm going to get, here's the second update. tongue.gif

After asking the townspeople and cleaning out their houses of bugs, one person claims to have seen a lot of flies come out of the pipe leading into the town's sewer system. On the way, Luppy stops by his home to stuff his pockets with extra pairs of gloves.

"It's probably best for me to go prepared."

Not long afterward, Luppy finds the pipe that leads into the sewers.

"Urk...I can smell it from here. Do I *really* have to go in there? ...Yeah, I guess I do. Well, here goes nothing!"

Luppy descends the pipe to the sewers. However, he fails to take into account the fact that the pipe points downward from the ceiling on the other end. It takes him a few moments to realize he came out upside-down. When he does, he begins to fall and subsequently hits the ground with a thud.

"Ow...they never said anything about this in Fly-Swatting 101..."

After taking a few moments to recover, Luppy begins to search the sewers, holding back his barf (and occasionally failing) as he goes. Eventually, Luppy sees something strange.

"Huh? Why is the ground tiled? And where does that door lead?"

Luppy enters through the peculiar door. On the other side, he finds...

user posted image

"Ah, here they are. Time to go to work."

Luppy begins to clear the room of bugs. As he swats them, more show up. Unlike in the house, multiple species of bugs show up at once.

user posted image

When Luppy finally cleared all of the bugs, he felt the ground rumble. Part of the floor on the other end was slowly opening, and another mecha-fly, like the one before, came out.

user posted image

"Again? Geez, you'd think that whoever made these things would try to go for variety or something. Oh well, makes my job a bit easier."

The machine is taken care of in short order, and Luppy prepares to leave when he notices that the door he came in from is sealed shut. On the other end of the room, another door slides open.

"Well, looks like there's only one way to go from here."

There's only one more update left for this mini-LP (no, I'm not going past Stage 3, since there's no reason to). So, you can all go ahead and start voting on the next game. All previous votes won't carry over, so you'll have to vote again. Also, adding a new rule to which games can be chosen:

3) Must have a clear beginning and end.

That's all for now.
TrekTek
Posted: Jan 15 2012, 03:29 PM

Postinator

Member No.: 819

Might as well go with Princess Maker. Well that or the Original Command & Conquer.
Spriteless Girl
Posted: Jan 15 2012, 03:45 PM

Sage

Member No.: 22

Two is a bandwagon. I vote for Princess Maker!

--------------------
At any given moment it's hard to remember the headspace of every other given moment. But I live in space a lot.
Nifar
Posted: Jan 15 2012, 05:46 PM

Sage

Member No.: 522

Original Princess Maker, yes.

--------------------
Out of Context Quote(s) of the Week: "Please don't stick bacon in my stab wounds."
Blackdeathdraco
Posted: Jan 15 2012, 06:47 PM

Sage

Member No.: 32

Those are PC games though. For an SNES game, I would like to see a LP of Brain Lord. tongue.gif

--------------------
When I'm bored, I like to wander around and cast X-Zone on random things.

"Sanity is the illusion of the insane." -Me

img src="http://www.animecubed.com/billy/pics/sigs/BDD.jpg">

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Jan 15 2012, 07:22 PM

Councilor

PC games are fine, as long as my computer can actually run them*. So the votes now are Princess Maker - 3 and Brain Lord - 1...Maybe I should go ahead and start looking for an English version of Princess Maker. tongue.gif

*That is, don't suggest anything that a computer with Windows 98 couldn't run. tongue.gif
Carmichael Micaalus
Posted: Jan 15 2012, 07:37 PM

Secretary of Maternal Relations

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8

Play MegaMari.

--------------------
user posted image
Everyday I'm tumbl'n.
"This bitch is makin' me all Paru..." ~Hang in There, Kogasa-san!
Algasir
Posted: Jan 15 2012, 07:46 PM

Green hair!

Member No.: 140

QUOTE (Carmichael Micaalus @ Jan 15 2012, 01:37 PM)
Play MegaMari.

Ooh! This.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Jan 16 2012, 12:19 AM

Councilor

Meant to post this earlier, but I was lazy.

Luppy enters the door that recently opened. On the other end is a long corridor. About halfway through, the walls and floor abruptly switch to dank brick, as if it was part of a castle. Near the end of the passage, Luppy hears two Koopas, minions of Bowser's army, talking in the next room. He tries to make out the conversation as well as he can. He can't hear much, but it sounds like they're planning on ambushing Mario with more of those bugs when he passes through here. Luppy hears the Koopas walk off and sneaks into the room.

"This isn't good. Not good at all. It sounds like those bugs were part of Bowser's plot to stop Mario."

Luppy sees a button marked 'Push to release bugs'.

"I wonder where they're going to be released to if that button's pushed..."

Looking around more, Luppy sees a fairly tall ladder. At its base, there is a sign, reading 'To great hall Mario's grave'.

"Well, that wasn't hard to find. That button probably releases the bugs into the room above."

Luppy is then struck with an idea. He pushes the button. Above him, he can hear a door sliding open.

"Let's finish this."

Luppy climbs the ladder into the great hall. When he gets there, the bugs have already swarmed the room.

user posted image

Luppy starts swatting flies as he sees them. It seems that there are more here than there were before. Furthermore, his gloves get ripped up by one of the Hornets' flying stingers. Luppy quickly puts on another pair and avenges his gloves.

user posted image

"I'll show you what happens when you mess with my gloves!"

Not long after that, a third mechanical bug showed up. Luppy had come to expect this.

user posted image

This one seemed tougher, with its flying stingers flying faster and it mixing in fireballs fairly often. Eventually, though, Luppy came up on top.

user posted image

"Yeah! Take that, you big bug!"

Luppy heard a loud thundering noise coming from deeper in the castle. It sounded like...footsteps? No doubt about it, it was footsteps. From a fairly large creature too, to make such a loud noise. Luppy tried to think of what it could be, and came to one conclusion.

"Is that...it can't be! It's got to be Bowser! This flyswatter won't do a thing to him! I've got to run for it!"

Luppy rushes back to the ladder, falls down it, then sprints toward and through the sewers, back to the pipe he came in from.

"Oh crud, oh crud, the pipe's on the ceiling! I can't jump that high! What to do, what to do...?"

After looking around, Luppy finds another pipe leading back into town, this one on the ground and in plain sight, impossible to miss.

"...Why didn't I take this pipe down? Oh well, no time to worry about that."

Luppy jumps down the pipe with full speed. Unfortunately for him, though, the pipe comes out on the underside of a small cliff at the edge of town. Luppy plummets to the ground, luckily landing on a mushroom to cushion his fall somewhat.

"...Ohhh...that's why I didn't take it..."

After lying still for a few minutes so the stars will go away, Luppy eventually manages to stand upright again. It is nighttime. He makes his way back to his house just in time to hear the newest breaking news. 'Princess Rescued Again', it said.

"Heh. Wonder what woulda happened if I wasn't there..."

Luppy flops on his bed and drifts off to sleep.

The End

And that's the end of my suckish Mario Paint LP. I just know no one's sad that it's over. tongue.gif

Anyway, the current votes are:
Princess Maker - TrekTek, Spriteless, Nifar (3)
MegaMari - Carmichael, Algy (2)
Brain Lord - Draco (1)

We have 6 votes right now. I cut off the voting period...eventually.
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Jan 16 2012, 12:28 AM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

I vote for Toejam and Earl.

This post has been edited by Zap Rowsdower on Jan 16 2012, 12:28 AM

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
Ou des
Posted: Jan 16 2012, 12:44 AM

Clockwork Contraption

Member No.: 18

Start drawing something.

I vote for a big giant head.

--------------------
user posted image
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Jan 16 2012, 12:49 AM

Councilor

QUOTE (Ou des @ Jan 15 2012, 06:44 PM)
Start drawing something.

I vote for a big giant head.

No...not Mario Paint...no more...no mor--AGHHHHH! THE VOICES! THEY'RE TALKING TO ME AGAIN! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!1!1!11!!!111!!1!!!11!!ONE11! icon_wall.gif icon_wall.gif icon_wall.gif icon_wall.gif icon_wall.gif

This post has been edited by aturtledoesbite on Jan 16 2012, 12:58 AM
Knight
Posted: Jan 16 2012, 02:04 AM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Carmichael Micaalus @ Jan 15 2012, 12:37 PM)
Play MegaMari.

This.
Just Jon
Posted: Jan 16 2012, 02:05 AM

The Sexy One

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Knight @ Jan 15 2012, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (Carmichael Micaalus @ Jan 15 2012, 12:37 PM)
Play MegaMari.

This.

I vote for this as well.

No continues.

--------------------
No fanfare, no special effects... Just Jon
user posted image
Out of Context Quote: "God DAMN these electric sex pants!"
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Jan 16 2012, 02:56 AM

Councilor

Okay. I've edited the first post with the second poll, if you didn't notice. MegaMari is in the lead right now.

Also, to hell with no continues. Unless it's as easy as Mega Man 2, that is.
Ou des
Posted: Jan 16 2012, 03:02 AM

Clockwork Contraption

Member No.: 18

Why even go for Mario Paint in the first place if you weren't gonna do anything fun with it.

--------------------
user posted image
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Jan 16 2012, 03:32 AM

Councilor

Because you people voted it.
~ Sophie
Posted: Jan 16 2012, 06:06 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 278

As someone who has experimented with crazy challenges on the damn thing, I say more dead bodies in the flying rabbit section players of MMr are always appreciated. Can we pick which bosses you have to fight? If so, I'm gonna be a jerk and say do Remilia first then reverse weakness order. icon_twisted.gif

(Sorry for incomplete post, the Internet was being stupid when I was previewing.)

This post has been edited by ~ Sophie on Jan 16 2012, 06:09 AM

--------------------
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die. <- This form appears through the Old man glitch if y is the character in the third, fifth, or seventh slot of the player's chosen name.

LOIDS SUCK, NICO NICO NII~
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Jan 16 2012, 07:35 AM

Councilor

Sure, you guys can pick my boss order if MegaMari goes through. I'll interpret that as a vote for it from you, then.

On a related note, I was just playing Phantasmagoria of Flower View for the first time. It's a lot easier than the rest of the games. Normally I can't beat Easy mode without a continue or two. In this one, I only lost two lives total.
« Next Oldest | General Posting | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1015 seconds | Archive