Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

#758 Lighting the Way Forward, I guess Setzer... Wasn't very bright
Cyrus
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 07:21 AM

Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

At least they're putting the paladin shields to good use!

--------------------
user posted image
Immolation
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 08:23 AM

Eternal Flame

Member No.: 86

Is it just me... Or is there a sprite outline above the text bubble from the little girl?

--------------------
"How much time do you need?"
"Whatever you can get me. When the EMP goes off-"
"When it goes off, I'll be fine. It only affects computers, remember? And I, am a motherfucking ghost"
ShadowWarriorLuke
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 09:44 AM

Sage

Member No.: 9

You know, it's hard not to look at the spell name Merton and wonder if there's a companion spell called Hislop.

Of course, I don't think anyone else besides Drekal will get that reference.

--------------------
"If shower heads could talk, mine would say KSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH..."
user posted image user posted image
"Darling Fascist Bullyboy, Give me some more money, you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman, Neil." - The Young Ones
"... SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH. Squeak squeak. You take too fucking long to shower. Anyway, that's what my shower head would say... don't interrupt me."
Reifan00
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 09:53 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,270

QUOTE (ShadowWarriorLuke @ Feb 3 2012, 09:44 AM)
You know, it's hard not to look at the spell name Merton and wonder if there's a companion spell called Hislop.

The problem is now what you would call the third spell in the group. I' m sure purists would want Deayton, but I'd prefer Blessed myself.

--------------------
Silver figure, the fire burns, purifies through the tragedy. See, A shiver deep, runs through the flesh and blood - penetrates
jaimehlers
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 02:55 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,261

QUOTE (Immolation @ Feb 3 2012, 03:23 AM)
Is it just me... Or is there a sprite outline above the text bubble from the little girl?

I can't tell for sure.

But I did notice that the purple "sorrow" aura isn't centered on the girl.

Also, I think a certain little girl needs a hug right now. I suspect the heroes are too busy trying to fight Kefka to realize that the real battle is in keeping her from losing it. Again, Kefka's strategy would be fairly easy to demolish, by simply showing love to that girl. Unfortunately, that isn't exactly covered in Heroes 101.

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
Gaius
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 04:53 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

It... kinda looks like there is a little sprite outline, just a bit below and to the right of Locke. It resembles a party member under 'Vanish,' even though I'm not sure that's seen outside of battle. Any chance another ally cast that on him-/herself?

Whoever/Whatever the figure is, the aura's not the middle of the aura. It seems centered on the speech bubble its-- Wait, no, the big dark aura is still centered on the girl, but the light in the dark is coming from the bubble. Interesting...

This post has been edited by Gaius on Feb 3 2012, 04:53 PM
HeroicJay
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 05:33 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,207

"Primal" Terra's first line is obscured, but it's a good one: "Ultima next time".

EDIT: Well, actually, I think it's "Utima next time". But it should be "Ultima".

This post has been edited by HeroicJay on Feb 3 2012, 08:10 PM
doran
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 05:57 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,275

QUOTE (Reifan00 @ Feb 3 2012, 09:53 AM)
QUOTE (ShadowWarriorLuke @ Feb 3 2012, 09:44 AM)

The problem is now what you would call the third spell in the group. I' m sure purists would want Deayton, but I'd prefer Blessed myself.

Armstrong, perhaps?
Sir Donald
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 01:36 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

You see, Setzer, when you see the castle glowing, that's when you should've goosed Terra. Glowing Castle = Emergency. Now you'll have to turn around and outrun a sorrow-fueled shockwave!

In other news, Locke and Celes apparently fail as parents. And Kefka still fails at what Mr. Rumsfeld calls "unknown unknowns."

Also, I'm guessing that the invisible outline is Gau in one of his rages. It's either Gabledegak (casts Vanish), which means he only has time to either save or completely doom 1 more party member before said sorrow-wave, or Intangir, which brings up a very interesting question: Can Pep Up neutralize Sorrow Energy?

I'm guessing Intangir, as a ill- (i.e. well-)timed Pep Up would have the effect of maximizing the potential chaos of the sorrow-wave.

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
Spriteless Girl
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 02:32 AM

Sage

Member No.: 22

Fun fact: Intangir is the only rage Gau is confirmed to have.

--------------------
At any given moment it's hard to remember the headspace of every other given moment. But I live in space a lot.
HeroicJay
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 02:41 AM

Regular

QUOTE (Spriteless Girl @ Feb 3 2012, 07:32 PM)
Fun fact: Intangir is the only rage Gau is confirmed to have.

The Intangir battle involved Gau neither Leaping (ends the battle instantly) nor returning to battle (only happens after defeating all the monsters; they were forced to escape the battle due to the Sketch Glitch), which are the only ways Gau can learn new Rages, other than his starting set (which does not include Intangir, and with good reason: you can't fight Intangir until some time after Gau joins the party.)

So, um, no.

I didn't notice that outline before it was pointed out here, but it's also in #755 (first panel, and kinda sorta in the fourth), safely outside the "sorrow" aura.

(BTW, assuming it is Gau and not some other weirdness, Gobbldegak and Intangir aren't the only options. He can cast Magic through the normal command, you know.)

This post has been edited by HeroicJay on Feb 4 2012, 02:50 AM
Spriteless Girl
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 02:48 AM

Sage

Member No.: 22

Any fight Gau is in the veldt for counts. JD could drop him off forever.

--------------------
At any given moment it's hard to remember the headspace of every other given moment. But I live in space a lot.
HeroicJay
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 02:50 AM

Regular

QUOTE (Spriteless Girl @ Feb 3 2012, 07:48 PM)
Any fight Gau is in the veldt for counts. JD could drop him off forever.
mordain
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 02:51 AM

Codewalker

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 72

I think Gau is standing behind Locke's first speech balloon (I see feet, anyway).

The hidden figure is either an accidental meaningless blur, or (since it seems to be closer to the center of the glow than the girl is)... something that she's summoning. Something that glows strongly purple.

...yeah there are no good conclusions to be drawn here.

--------------------
Live and learn - or die and teach by example.
HeroicJay
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 02:52 AM

Regular

QUOTE (mordain @ Feb 3 2012, 07:51 PM)
I think Gau is standing behind Locke's first speech balloon (I see feet, anyway).

The hidden figure is either an accidental meaningless blur, or (since it seems to be closer to the center of the glow than the girl is)... something that she's summoning. Something that glows strongly purple.

...yeah there are no good conclusions to be drawn here.

I reiterate: outline is also in #755. It's unobscured (well, relatively) in the first panel, and clearly Gau-shaped.

The only feet I see under Locke's text bubble in this comic belong to a monster-under-the-bed.

This post has been edited by HeroicJay on Feb 4 2012, 02:53 AM
Ti-Phil
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 03:38 PM

Citizen

Member No.: 471

Just a musing here...
Is it Terra's Esper side that awoke....
Or is it something else?

--------------------
Sir Donald
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 03:13 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

Ti-Phil: From all signs over the past 2 comic, it's just Terra's Esper side, with purely animalistic instincts. If Setzer had let her be and if a wave of sorrow overtook her resting place, I would've expected her to have remained unaffected.

Which leads me to this:

QUOTE (Cyrus @ Feb 3 2012, 03:21 AM)
At least they're putting the paladin shields to good use!

Actually, I'm now getting the notion that the P-Shields will be put to better use in the next comic or two. As in, "being able to prevent the upcoming 'Wave Of Sorrow'™ from affecting anyone holding one." (After all, the first one had to be purified from its status as a "Cursed" Shield, so it should hold some sort of energy...)

EDIT: Kefka's still going to get screwed over royally, though.

This post has been edited by Sir Donald on Feb 10 2012, 03:14 AM

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 03:44 AM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

The only energy these pally shields hold is glitch energy. After all, they all came from Relm sketching a hole in the pixels of reality.
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1521 seconds | Archive