InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

#760 X-Rated Romance, Awwww riii-wait, what?
Gaius
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 05:33 AM

Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,232

My stance is presently, "The Desert feels right to me, but we really don't have enough info: anywhere (or nowhere) wouldn't surprise me."

As for the 'all FF's linked by the Void,' it's not a possibility I'd considered. I'm not so sure about that, but some of it might be a bias; I'd always seen FF VI's X-Zone like the Phantom Zone (for some reason), so seeing the nature of FF V's made me say, "Oh, I guess each world has its own version of that spell."

On the topic of X-Zone, the following may be an interesting point: Vicks and Wedge have no interaction with it,* but FF V Gogo X-Zones itself away.** FF VI Gogo hasn't appeared in-comic (and may not ever, depending), but I'm curious if there's going to be a connection. A few theories on the topic have cropped up over the years.

* They just blink with a... slashing (?) sound effect.
** Provided Alex didn't try to straight-up fight it, which... could be the case.

This post has been edited by Gaius on Feb 22 2012, 05:34 AM
Kawaresksenjajok
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 11:45 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,272

I think I'm more biased towards it being the Desert because I hate the idea of Roll just being left alone there, and it seems like her being teamed up with Locke (just like Locke teams up with Terra when she's in dire straits at the beginning of FF6) is just the sort of pairing Videoland would make.

As for Locke ending up somewhere based on where Alex logically deduced X-Zone would take someone, this seems like a long-shot since few things have happened based solely on Alex's logic. Wherever he went, we're probably going to have to wait a while to find out.

On to old business, who wants to place bets on the effect of sorrowglow across the FF6 landscape? I hope Celes doesn't become the ice version of Lucca (Mistress of Fire and whatnot), but after losing Locke it does seem like something that would occur.
Nafael
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 03:41 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,221

Personally I can only think of one reason for Celes to X-zone Locke away.

The world of FF6 is finished.

Which is so filled with sorrow...

Terra's going to die... *feels a little guilty about caring for Terra more than the others*
enlong
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 03:57 PM

Citizen

Member No.: 447

Unless something happens to spirit away the Figaro Brothers in the next few minutes, I don't think it's imminent apocalypse...
MFD
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 04:40 PM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

I think Celes doesn't want Locke to see what comes next. It's her "Is it in?" moment, if you like. She's driving Locke away.

Because she knows how to save everyone from the Shard, but it's not pretty.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
Tonberry2k
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 06:11 PM

Veteran

Member No.: 54

I'm glad someone beat me to the punch saying that FF6's Biggs and Wedge weren't X-Zoned.

If we're gong with the "Final Fantasy Worlds are linked" theory, how does FF4's world link up? FF5 and FF6 both have X-Zone. FF4 doesn't. Hell, even Chrono Trigger has gates (Or Magus's Black Hole), which could theoretically link it with them.

--------------------
user posted image

Sam: Norm you look down, what's wrong?
Norm: New boss chewed me out. Said I "Lack enthusiasm".
Cliff: Well, is that true?
Norm: I, uh I dunno. Maybe. Who cares?
Kawaresksenjajok
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 07:30 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,272

Oh god.

What if she kills the girl?

I think she's going to kill the girl.

EDIT: That's what she can't let Locke see. That's why she had the flashback.

She's going to burn that little girl's barricade to ashes.

This post has been edited by Kawaresksenjajok on Feb 22 2012, 07:33 PM
jaimehlers
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 06:00 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,261

Just noticed, either the comic was mislabeled or we just timewarped a hundred comics in the past.

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
theamatuer
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 11:48 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,253

Well, I think Wrexsoul would be in there at least.
I really think Alex would Xzone that fight, wouldn't you?
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0888 seconds | Archive