InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

#763: Outliers, It feels good to be vindicated.
jaimehlers
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 03:42 AM

Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,261

QUOTE (Caintheconfused @ Mar 17 2012, 09:40 PM)
I chose Tetris over Crystalis largely because of the fact Tetris seemed to fade over just being erased in a flurry, thus more in common.

It wasn't the same thing at all. The Sovereign didn't destroy Tetris, a Touched did using the Sacred Square. Furthermore, aside from the fact that Crystalis vanished in one comic, the situation was practically identical - and the time it took is more of a thematic storytelling thing.

QUOTE (Caintheconfused)
I admit, it is guesswork.  As someone else pointed out, Omega Flare did hurt the Eater of Dreams...but was it actually touched and running on Omega energy itself? Seems I need a refresher again.

Yes. The Eater of Dreams used powers that went beyond the game, and if you watch Frog trying to kill him early on, the shield he made was formed of purple energy. Furthermore, the Eater of Dreams talked like a Touched.

QUOTE (Caintheconfused)
To be annoyingly specific, runic is trying to interfere with the song. It's why I'm specifically curious if it can work, two omega energies being used to cancel each other out.  I just thought it was interesting enough to point out to comment on smile.gif

Leaving aside the fact that we have a pretty clear confirmation that they can oppose each other, I think it was reasonable to assume that Omega Runic would have some effect on the song. Even if it had boosted the power of the Shard Bearer, it probably would have stopped the ability from going off correctly.

QUOTE (Caintheconfused)
As for the death of ff6, yeah, I don't terribly want to see it either.  I have to admit though, the death of one of the most popular gameworlds is an awfully good way to show the Sovereign's effectiveness, especially as it's done by just a fraction of her.

I think it's pretty clear that if the song had succeeded, all of the sprites there would have been destroyed as well (the sprites in Crystalis vanished along with their game). Since we know Sabin is around later on, it's a reasonable presumption that this wouldn't have worked.

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0536 seconds | Archive