InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

#766 - Casting Off, Clown: Has Shard, Will Travel
Magil
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 06:36 PM

Immigrant

Group: Members
Member No.: 132

QUOTE (enlong @ Mar 26 2012, 12:42 PM)
There is most certainly a Toad spell in FFIV, alongside Pig and Mini.

Right, probably just a mistake by JD in calling it "Frog." In any case, this seems to seal the deal that Kefka wasn't touched.
gopus
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 07:05 PM

Regular

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Gaius @ Mar 26 2012, 05:18 PM)
That would be an interesting turn of events. It would underline how little we really know about Hope/Alpha energy. And bring Alex's talk of 'the other great corrupting influence' into much sharper relief.

Alpha energy strengthens bad guys and good guys alike. Remember that even Wiley found a new sense of evil and vigor upon getting hit with the green wave...
Gaius
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 07:42 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

Ooh, thanks for that reminder. I'd completely forgotten. It does tend to encourage a certain simplicity in motivation and action.
ff6shadow
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 09:53 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,235

And Kefka is as simple as can be with actions and decisions. Kill em all and don't bother asking questions.

This post has been edited by ff6shadow on Mar 26 2012, 09:54 PM
Sir Donald
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 06:53 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

I still say the difference is slight enough to be a potential after-effect. I mean he's the same color when he's on a black background. If he's supposed to be an alpha, wouldn't he be full-Green then?

But let's say that you guys are right and it isn't just the carpet:

How would the Shard of Tears be able to revive an Alpha entity? And, more importantly, why?

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
Gaius
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 01:24 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

Oh, to be clear, I'm in full agreement: I kept (and keep) looking at the comic and I still have no idea where HeroicJay got that 'glowing green' thing. Kefka's sprite outline color doesn't change, matches the color of Kidia's, and both have exactly the same interior color, which matches the rug. If there's actually anything to see, could someone spell it out in as much detail as possible? Because it really doesn't appear to be there.

That said, it may not be completely implausible for the Shard to be all Sorrow all the time. Here the girl turns green while expressing hope and it's definitely not the carpet. It might just be a special effect, but it might be something more.

This post has been edited by Gaius on Mar 27 2012, 01:25 PM
Kamek
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 03:44 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,282

QUOTE (Gaius @ Mar 27 2012, 01:24 PM)
Oh, to be clear, I'm in full agreement: I kept (and keep) looking at the comic and I still have no idea where HeroicJay got that 'glowing green' thing. Kefka's sprite outline color doesn't change, matches the color of Kidia's, and both have exactly the same interior color, which matches the rug. If there's actually anything to see, could someone spell it out in as much detail as possible? Because it really doesn't appear to be there.

When the comic first went up Kefka's sprite outline was a different color in the last two panels, when he's casting X-Zone. It looks to be the correct color now, so it was probably just a minor error.
jaimehlers
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 05:18 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,261

It was more than just the last two panels, but it was a different color. JD probably fixed it without saying anything.

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
HeroicJay
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 07:57 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,207

EDIT: I take it back. It was the contrast on my laptop making it appear as though it had been fixed. If it has, my proxy hasn't updated it yet.

This post has been edited by HeroicJay on Mar 27 2012, 08:02 PM
jaimehlers
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 05:02 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,261

I'm getting differences between my laptop and my desktop monitor too.

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0677 seconds | Archive