Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

#767 Undermining the bad guy's plan, AGAIN!
invinible
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 12:44 AM

Postinator

Group: Members
Member No.: 183

This seems like a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 12:57 AM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

So, what just happend? Did she just undo the reviving of Kefka or something?

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
mordain
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 01:37 AM

Codewalker

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 72

Kefka got away (correct me if you can find anything that contradicts that conclusion), and now has an unconscious ϋber-touched-possibly-shard-bearing Celes with him.

This... is a dubious improvement at best, Celes.

--------------------
Live and learn - or die and teach by example.
jaimehlers
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 01:46 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,261

No, actually, it's much better. You see, there's two possibilities, either kid-Rydia has the shard, or Celes has the shard. If kid-Rydia has the shard, Kefka can presumably manipulate her to use it to destroy other worlds; if Celes has the shard, Kefka's stuck because he can't force her to use it. He might be able to kill her, but I find it unlikely.

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
mordain
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 02:06 AM

Codewalker

QUOTE (jaimehlers @ Mar 29 2012, 05:46 PM)
if Celes has the shard, Kefka's stuck because he can't force her to use it.

You sure? She's so heavily touched that she's probably lost a lot of her ability to... well, not go nilhistically emo. If she actually is the Shardbearer now, she's more likely to be the one using Kefka, kinda like the Sinestrals were mostly just being puppets.

Even setting that aside as somewhat unsubstantiated speculation, I can't imagine that the "Nothing left... nothing..." was completely meaningless and that she'll be back up on her feet again soon and fighting Kefka. Kefka's raring to go and wreck havoc on new worlds (and he's got at least a reasonable level of power and cunning to try it with). Celes is... touched, drained, and unconscious.

--------------------
Algasir
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 02:12 AM

Green hair!

Member No.: 140

QUOTE (mordain @ Mar 29 2012, 09:06 PM)
Celes is... touched, drained, and unconscious.

I've seen enough hentai to know where this is go-

*SHOT*

--------------------
user posted image
mordain
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 02:16 AM

Codewalker

...yeah, I could've phrased that better.

Although I just realized that they very well might land on top of Locke, so there's that.

But yeah, I'm probably being overly paranoid. Celes seems to know what she's doing.

...right?

--------------------
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 02:34 AM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (mordain @ Mar 29 2012, 10:16 PM)
...yeah, I could've phrased that better.

Although I just realized that they very well might land on top of Locke, so there's that.

But yeah, I'm probably being overly paranoid. Celes seems to know what she's doing.

...right?

No. She's extremely Touched. She THINKS she knows what she's doing.

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
Sir Donald
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 02:55 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

I have a different theory:

Note the second Spell: Omega-Zone. All of her Purple Glowy energy left her at that point...

... and converged again upon Kidia. Furthermore, it's implied that the warp is sending her to a different destination from Celes & Kefka.

The "nothing left" means she no longer has the shard's powers, though she retains her Touched status.

This likely means that the Shard (or its power) realized that Kefka would be as bad as the Shadow King and wanted out post-haste.

End result: FF6 World Touched, Celes and Kefka Gone, Kefka denied the power of corrupting worlds...

... and the Sovereign (or at least the Shard) is free once more. Where is it going? Only the Sovereign knows... But, though it would likely end better than if Kefka retained the shard, that isn't saying much. Even so, the Sovereign is the ultimate winner of that battle.

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
MFD
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 02:55 AM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

I don't think Celes has the Shard. She bled out the purple aura by casting Omega Quick and Omega Zone.

So, Celes and Kefka are headed to the Void with Locke. Kid Rydia... is clearly headed elsewhere.

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
Spriteless Girl
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 04:27 AM

Sage

Member No.: 22

Huh. So, now I think this was the Sovereign's plan, because now the shard is sealed with the body. Where else would the Omega zone be?

--------------------
At any given moment it's hard to remember the headspace of every other given moment. But I live in space a lot.
Tonberry2k
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 07:04 AM

Veteran

Member No.: 54

Or, Celes sent Rydia away from Kefka (and herself) and the "nothing left" means she has nothing left to fight for.

--------------------
user posted image

Sam: Norm you look down, what's wrong?
Norm: New boss chewed me out. Said I "Lack enthusiasm".
Cliff: Well, is that true?
Norm: I, uh I dunno. Maybe. Who cares?
jaimehlers
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 11:48 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,261

No, it probably means that she just drained herself (of Omega energy) casting those spells.

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
Andrusi
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 12:54 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 78

"Omega Zone" totally sounds like it should be the name of some obscure kids' book series trying to cash in on Goosebumps with badly-retold Twilight Zone plots.

--------------------
user posted image
enlong
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 01:22 PM

Citizen

Member No.: 447

Dubious improvement aside, I have to respect this course of action for killing the "can't act during a cutscene" thing.
gopus
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 02:21 PM

Regular

Member No.: 56

Omigoodness... I think Kefka might be the Shadow King... And I think Celes might be the Herald... that would explain why Alex went to the Final Fantasy world to discuss the Shadow King, and why Celes said she was going to hit the reset button, and why we never see the Herald...

Celes knew the future and Kefka understood Omega energy...

They were taken to the past!

... Or not. Whatevs.

This post has been edited by gopus on Mar 30 2012, 02:48 PM
Knight
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 03:29 PM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

While an interesting (if crazy) theory, I'm pretty sure the only reason that Alex was telling the FFVI arc was to show that "cause and effect" aren't static in videoland because the shard has the power of RETCON.
Sir Donald
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 07:12 PM

Regular

That, and to keep us (including "Ryan") appraised of the status of 1/3rd of the Sovereign relative to story events, that is: the Shard was not idle while Alex was in prison.

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
Gaius
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 08:07 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

QUOTE (Spriteless Girl @ Mar 30 2012, 04:27 AM)
Huh. So, now I think this was the Sovereign's plan, because now the shard is sealed with the body. Where else would the Omega zone be?

Omega Zone could plausibly send it to where the Sovereign's body is. It could also very easily send it somewhere we don't know about or haven't thought of in such a capacity. After all, we only recently learned the Void was a thing with the history it has.

I'm inclined to think Omega Zone's destination isn't the same as the Sovereign's form. As a Touched, Celes can certainly be deluded to act in ways that suit the Sovereign, but isn't going to actively help her like that.

Speculation of my own! Someone please come pick it apart.
Maybe Omega Zone more-or-less randomizes the target's destination, dropping it off just about anywhere in Videoland. Or perhaps back outside whatever portal/gate brought it to the world it's leaving (i.e. likely Nexus).
Sir Donald
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 09:33 PM

Regular

QUOTE (Gaius @ Mar 30 2012, 04:07 PM)
Speculation of my own! Someone please come pick it apart.
Maybe Omega Zone more-or-less randomizes the target's destination, dropping it off just about anywhere in Videoland. Or perhaps back outside whatever portal/gate brought it to the world it's leaving (i.e. likely Nexus).

I'd go for the randomization option. All Celes wants to do is get it away from her and Kefka. Granted, if she (consciously) wanted to send it to a particular dimension, she probably would've dropped a hint in the incantation.

Note that I said "consciously". Once again, the Sovereign is in play here.

As to where Kidia's headed... I have a theory...

EDIT: Just realized something: What'll happen to all the Monsters in the room? They're still there!

This post has been edited by Sir Donald on Mar 30 2012, 09:52 PM

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0668 seconds | Archive