Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

#767.5: The Man Behind It All, Welcome to your plot, BITCHES!
HeroicJay
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 01:42 AM

Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,207

Not going to say Edgar didn't have it coming. Come on, after the Gato thing, what did he expect?

Not going to say Alex didn't have it coming either.

When I loaded the page, I actually initially thought it was an April Fools joke. No, apparently not, just an out-of-continuity comic the day before. That's fine though. This storyline needed a good laugh.
Sir Donald
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 02:39 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

All I have to say is:

Is this the end...

... of the Super Figaro Brothers (series)?

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 04:13 AM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

I find it funny that the part which seemed most hilarious to me was not a part of the comic itself, but JD stating the fact that this wasn't canon. Since we obviously had every inclination to believe that Alex could just pop in there through an SMB2 door, the FFVI crew pictured would miraculously not have slightly-purple text for the page, and that they would have the time to drop Alex off a cliff for...what is this, the third time?

It's almost as if JD is insulting our intelligence with that statement. Almost. biggrin.gif
mordain
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 04:17 AM

Codewalker

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 72

It was posted on Saturday, but the title says Sunday comic... and Sunday is April 1st. I'm trying to decide if this is clever or a typo.

--------------------
Live and learn - or die and teach by example.
JayDee
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 05:24 AM

Gamemaster
Group Icon

Group: Author
Member No.: 60

QUOTE (aturtledoesbite @ Apr 1 2012, 04:13 AM)
It's almost as if JD is insulting our intelligence with that statement. Almost. biggrin.gif

I had someone during the Captain Alex backstage thing send me a letter saying how sad it was tragic that Captain SNES had gotten that cease and desist letter after the first comic of that arc got posted.

The first comic of that arc was titled "If you write me thinking this is real, you’re an idiot"

I make no assumptions.
enlong
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 06:20 AM

Citizen

Member No.: 447

Typo in the first panel:

"We're all been corrupted somehow"

should be

"We've all been corrupted somehow"

or

"We're all corrupted somehow"
mordain
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 06:26 AM

Codewalker

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 72

As a filler comic, it didn't go to the editors.

So yes, there's going to be errors.

It's not important enough to worry about.

(this is also pretty good overall, for an unedited comic with quite a lot of text)

--------------------
Live and learn - or die and teach by example.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 01:16 PM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

QUOTE (JayDee @ Apr 1 2012, 12:24 AM)
I had someone during the Captain Alex backstage thing send me a letter saying how sad it was tragic that Captain SNES had gotten that cease and desist letter after the first comic of that arc got posted.

The first comic of that arc was titled "If you write me thinking this is real, you’re an idiot"

I make no assumptions.

That...that's just sad. Sad in so many ways.
Gaius
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 03:42 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

QUOTE (aturtledoesbite @ Apr 1 2012, 01:16 PM)
QUOTE (JayDee @ Apr 1 2012, 12:24 AM)

I make no assumptions.

That...that's just sad. Sad in so many ways.

... Wow. O__o I mean, my usual assumption would just be that sarcasm doesn't travel well over the internet, but that feels like something JayDee would check. Ohhhh dear...
HeroicJay
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 06:08 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,207

I've actually written forum topics with the word "SARCASM" in all caps in the title (not on this forum), said things in the middle like "I couldn't think of anything stupid to say about this one, so I'll just skip it", and still got responses from people who apparently thought I was being completely honest - if they, themselves, were being sarcastic, they were very, very bad at it. (Responses like "If you're not joking, I weep for humanity", or "You can think whatever you like, but [an argument regarding the topic obviously taking the same viewpoint as what I'm really thinking, in a not-at-all exaggerated form].")

Their lameness was the most depressing thing ever! WHEN WILL MY SUFFERING END?!

This post has been edited by HeroicJay on Apr 2 2012, 06:10 PM
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3260 seconds | Archive