Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

#770: Bunch of D.H.O.P.E.S.
Knight
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 05:25 AM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Time for a rousing game of Who's that Pokemon? Name That Silhouette!
Gaius
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 05:40 AM

Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,232

Ahahaha! ^__^ Instant vindication! Not that anyone seemed to suspect otherwise, but still. Also, beautiful presentation that made me smile.

QUOTE (Knight @ Apr 13 2012, 05:25 AM)
Time for a rousing game of Who's that Pokemon? Name That Silhouette!

And a fun one it should be! I think I even guessed right on the first one, possibly two, of the silhouettes last thread:
1) Scorpion Army (Secret of Mana)
2) Berty and Bart (Lufia II)

I'm... not so sure about the other D-Listers (heh...) after the third, but...
3) Mother Brain (Chrono Trigger)

EDIT: Oh, wait.
5) Gilgamesh (Final Fantasy V)

This post has been edited by Gaius on Apr 13 2012, 05:44 AM
Sir Donald
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 06:28 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

So now we have the start of Bekkler's Revenge.

And I'm going to go a step further: I was going to say "Wily, Bekkler is not", but then I remembered a certain Trope and realized that the only one who does it better than Wily was vaporized in the same blast that took Bekkler's hand!

In other words, Bekkler could be behind Dalton, but I wouldn't put it past old Al to have spoons in multiple pots.

Which would probably lead us back to Alex, well, you know... (Heck, the only thing preventing Bowser from being a DHOPE is that he'd want to lead.)

EDIT: And this is my BiCentiPost. Wow! And on Friday the 13th no less.

This post has been edited by Sir Donald on Apr 13 2012, 06:32 AM

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
Tonberry2k
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 06:49 AM

Veteran

Member No.: 54

No idea who our #4 could be. It's gotta be an RPG character though.
No Croco from SMRPG? tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Sam: Norm you look down, what's wrong?
Norm: New boss chewed me out. Said I "Lack enthusiasm".
Cliff: Well, is that true?
Norm: I, uh I dunno. Maybe. Who cares?
Pata Hikari
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 07:41 AM

Citizen

Member No.: 229

With Gilgamesh on this team I can not see how they can possibly fail.
HeroicJay
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 07:49 AM

Regular

Member No.: 1,207

Oh noes! It's the attack of all of the Annoying Recurring Wannabe RPG Villains of the Super Nintendo! They might last, like, three whole rounds against Team SNES!
HeroicJay
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 07:55 AM

Regular

QUOTE (Sir Donald @ Apr 12 2012, 11:28 PM)
And I'm going to go a step further:  I was going to say "Wily, Bekkler is not", but then I remembered a certain Trope and realized that the only one who does it better than Wily was vaporized in the same blast that took Bekkler's hand!

TV Tropes name aside, ain't nobody does the "Hijacked by Ganon" trope better than Wily. Ganon did it, what, four times? Bah. Wily did it in Mega Man 3, 4, 5, 6, &Bass, 9, 10, V for Game Boy, and even to a degree in the X series!

This post has been edited by HeroicJay on Apr 13 2012, 07:56 AM
enlong
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 01:41 PM

Citizen

Member No.: 447

Theory: Dalton will take these guys, go back to Chronos while the gang is still away (specifically, they will portatl in somewhere around Porre), and take over Guardia.

Then Chrono and Co. will take them out within 5 minutes when they come back.

edit: So, I'm interested by the map Dalton has. Final Fantaies I, II, and III are greyed out. This is likely due to them being NES games, which were heavily hit when the Great Change happened. Whether they're destroyed, Touched, or just unavailible, I don't know.

Meanwhile, the known warps are intriguing. V, VI, and Chronopolis are linked in a chain, and Chronopolis also goes to IV. Meanwhile, I seems to be linked to all of the other first four, and it has a warp that goes completely off the map. I wonder where that leads.

Also, if the silhouettes are what we think they are, then Dalton has been to most of these worlds (which would explain the large number of "Known Warps"). However, I wonder why he didn't stop by VI before this, when he's apparently gone down the chain to V to get Gilgamesh.

Finally, I want to know what a "Para-Orbital" is. None of the known warps go to Quest, but Dalton has apparently been there at least long enough to dub it Sucksville.

This post has been edited by enlong on Apr 13 2012, 03:37 PM
TheRealKrazyCarl
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 03:36 PM

Councilor

Member No.: 190

I'm more interested in the Map, it shows active warpzones (which, I thought, post great-change were non-existant without mechanical or magical creation), and still lists FF1-3 as worlds.

These worlds have "gone dark" (look at their coloring compared to the SNES worlds), but they still seem to exist and are still accessible. (I was under the understanding that NES-only worlds were destroyed by the Sovereign)

--------------------
Check out my 1up blog!

Never doubt yourself, EVER..... everyone else is doing enough of that for you. - LuppyLuptonium

For a man to be my friend, he must be my equal in all things. He too, must be a dreamer, one who persues that dream regardless of cost, even if it means the death of my own - Griffith,
Berserk

X-Box Live ID: Captain PSX

Pokemon Pearl Friend Code 0945 9341 8654, Name: Carl
FF3 Friend Code 064535863503
enlong
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 03:38 PM

Citizen

Darn it! You ninja'd me by posting about what I was writing a long edit to my post about!

In summary: What's with that warp going off the map? Why isn't I directly connected to V or VI the way it is to II, III, and IV, and what the heck's a Para-Orbital?

Also, how did Dalton get Gilgamesh without dropping by VI first? The Para-Orbital of Quest doesn't intercept V...

This post has been edited by enlong on Apr 13 2012, 03:39 PM
jaimehlers
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 03:38 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,261

This is why you check the acronym before you come up with a name.

At least this explains why Alex didn't want to talk about Ultros.

--------------------
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.
Knight
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 04:05 PM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

What, no theories yet about the inclusion of Mother Brain? I am disappoint.
Tonberry2k
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 04:52 PM

Veteran

Member No.: 54

Maybe he hasn't recruited the silhouettes yet and that's just foreshadowing?

--------------------
user posted image

Sam: Norm you look down, what's wrong?
Norm: New boss chewed me out. Said I "Lack enthusiasm".
Cliff: Well, is that true?
Norm: I, uh I dunno. Maybe. Who cares?
HeroicJay
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 04:53 PM

Regular

That is a good question. Unlike the other ones, Mother Brain wasn't really comic relief at all and was at least competent in a fight. Also, she's from the same game - but a VERY different time period - as Dalton.

I'm still stumped on #4, though. Croco was suggested, but that's no Croco.
Tosanu
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 05:05 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,284

With help from a friend, we've determined it's most likely Dr. Einst from Robotrek. Interesting choice.
Sir Donald
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 05:15 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,212

Knight: I'll bite:
The Mother Brain that Dalton is supposed to have picked up earlier A: Isn't mobile, and B: is from a timeline that no longer exists.

Or does it? Perhaps... Wait... "Perhaps" nothing! Dalton is stupid enough to pull an eggplant and utterly muck up the non-Lavos timeline.

Well, at least the efforts of Dr. Wright won't go to waste.

A little question on the map: FF I & II did receive remakes on Advance while FF III did not. So what is the status of NES worlds that got GBA remakes but not SNES ones?

EDIT: Wait, Dr. Einst AND CT's Mother Brain? But the both make and control robots! That's redundant! But at least Einst should give Wily some cover, having similar MO.

EDIT 2: And, on another topic, I think we've accepted it as fiat accompli that the DUC group will be out of there before Kidia makes her big move. Anyone not sharing that opinion?

This post has been edited by Sir Donald on Apr 13 2012, 07:22 PM

--------------------
It's a flimsy pretext, but I'm sure that the N-Team have gotten away with worse.
Kawaresksenjajok
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 06:11 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,272

Aw, if I had only said something when I first saw the comic. For some reason I thought it would be obvious to people. That's definitely Einst from the obscure game Robotrek, a hilariously evil bastard if I ever saw one. Maybe the joke with Mother Brain is that the timeline including her was completely wiped out, and therefore she's impossible to obtain.

I'm thinking "Para-Orbitals" just means the games are revolving around the same center. However, I don't know why Mystic Quest has a separate green line. Maybe it's the Pluto of the Final Fantasy system, and because Crononalis is technically not a Final Fantasy but comes so close to them in gameplay, it orbits very closely while not actually being inside the green circle of Final Fantasy.

I can't believe I missed Gilgamesh. He was the best part of FFV. I'm SO EXCITED at the possibility of FFV characters in this comic.

WHO'S UP FOR A CLASH ON THE BIG BRIDGE?!

EDIT: Also, I want to see moar Robotrek. The cat-fearing robots were from it, but I want. More. METACRAB.

This post has been edited by Kawaresksenjajok on Apr 14 2012, 09:49 PM
enlong
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 07:20 PM

Citizen

We've seen Krile, but she was barely there, honestly.
Kawaresksenjajok
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 09:38 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,272

How did I miss Krile?
Gaius
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 11:05 PM

Regular

Member No.: 1,232

Pretty easily. It's kind of a fly-by cameo. But it might wind up being important. Same story with that "Clyde" fellow just to her right.

EDIT: Also, looks like Krile goes by Cara. Though given the Gilbert/Edward thing, she could well be known as Krile some other way. Maybe she just goes by Cara while off-world?

This post has been edited by Gaius on Apr 14 2012, 11:41 PM
« Next Oldest | Comic-by-comic | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0847 seconds | Archive