InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (8) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Cyberpunkmn RPG
invinible
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 06:46 PM

Postinator

Group: Members
Member No.: 183

I want a Porygon.
Cyrus
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 09:31 AM

Guru

Member No.: 70

So, a couple of more world building bits before you guys finalize your characters in your head (and before I send off some questionnaires)

Essentially... corporations run everything. Although pokemon are still a ubiquitous part of every day life, the over-urbanization destroying most of the region's wilderness has dramatically altered the practice of young trainers going off on an adventure. Now the adventure is at a corporately controlled premium, taking place on a digital frontier in a heavily broadcast professional sport, with trainers only being accepted at the behest of the controlling corporations. New trainers are thrown into a sort of “rookie league”, where they're to start with no pokemon, then are set to make up a team by choosing from pokemon at various locales across the competition. Those who do well tend to get drafted up to the majors, as it were, kind of like modern sports stars. Money... fame... challenge... money... (Money tends to be important when corporations control everything).

Pokemon battlers' trainer's licenses generally requires some level of aptitude, as well as a hefty licensing fee. Some common ways around this are: sponsorship, as smaller businesses can make a hefty return on a successful battler. Scholarships, as there are no public schools in corporation-land, and having a skilled battler attending your academy can make you look much more prestigious. And... rich parents. There are other ways, sure, but those are just some of the more common ones.

While pokemon are still important, the fact that people can just create one from nothing out of data while online has tended to lead to a “digital/real” dichotomy. Although the common school of thought has been that all these pokemon are alive, there has been a growing trend of people who consider pokemon that have only ever existed as data to not truly be alive, and... treat them as such, often deleting pokemon they don't feel are necessary anymore offhandedly.

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try and get some character sheet PMs sent out in the next day or so.

--------------------
user posted image
Red Silvers
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 10:12 AM

Emperor

Member No.: 45

QUOTE (Notty @ Apr 21 2012, 11:03 PM)
What's this? Competition? I guess I'm gonna have to update now so I can squash you like a bug! Raar!

It worked with Gaiden.

--------------------
"Speaking of being terrible at games, Red fumbling with the blocks in Magnet Man's level has to be seen to be believed. If the definition of insanity has to do with expecting different results upon trying the same thing, then he must be one of the most insane people I've ever known." - Brickroad

The Guardian Legend - By Red Silvers (VLP): Our Red Silvers continues to find the weirdest worksafe pictures of the game's protagonist, a plane that transforms into a waifu.

Super Metroid - By Red Silvers (VLP): I think it's safe to say at this point, that Samus ain't leaving her suit once Red Silvers finally gets around the finishing this game.

Fantastic Dizzy - By Red Silvers (VLP): Fresh off his recent run of Super Metroid, Red Silvers tackles yet another, err... classic? (Egg-scuse me for being confused about Red Silvers' next choice.)
Notty
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 10:21 AM

Annoying Little Boy

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Red Silvers @ Apr 29 2012, 05:12 AM)
It worked with Gaiden.

Pshaw.

Cran and I both like(d) Gaiden more than the Main PokeRP...thought that's probably because being a player is more fun than being a GM.
Algasir
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 11:10 AM

Green hair!

Member No.: 140

QUOTE (Notty @ Apr 29 2012, 05:21 AM)
thought that's probably because being a player is more fun than being a GM.

It's true, really.
Red Silvers
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 11:49 AM

Emperor

Member No.: 45

Also much less work.

--------------------
"Speaking of being terrible at games, Red fumbling with the blocks in Magnet Man's level has to be seen to be believed. If the definition of insanity has to do with expecting different results upon trying the same thing, then he must be one of the most insane people I've ever known." - Brickroad

The Guardian Legend - By Red Silvers (VLP): Our Red Silvers continues to find the weirdest worksafe pictures of the game's protagonist, a plane that transforms into a waifu.

Super Metroid - By Red Silvers (VLP): I think it's safe to say at this point, that Samus ain't leaving her suit once Red Silvers finally gets around the finishing this game.

Fantastic Dizzy - By Red Silvers (VLP): Fresh off his recent run of Super Metroid, Red Silvers tackles yet another, err... classic? (Egg-scuse me for being confused about Red Silvers' next choice.)
Cyrus
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 07:17 AM

Guru

Hokay, I sent out character builder PMs.

...but I might very well have crunked up the CC line, since that shit is confusing (technology is hard!), so if you're expecting one and didn't get it, gimme a heads up. Or possibly a smack upside the head.

--------------------
user posted image
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 09:56 PM

Councilor

Member No.: 1,266

if you're expecting one and didn't get it, gimme a heads up.

/heads up

You should probably resend it to each person individually to be sure they all got it.

Never mind. I am blind. >_<

This post has been edited by aturtledoesbite on Apr 30 2012, 10:02 PM
invinible
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 10:42 PM

Postinator

There isn't 1 in my inbox.
Algasir
Posted: May 28 2012, 05:48 AM

Green hair!

Member No.: 140

...So, like, I've totally putting off filling out my questionnaire due to laziness and character's block, which is like writer's block, only it's for making a character.

I'll get to it eventually, I swear.
Nifar
Posted: May 28 2012, 09:50 AM

Sage

Member No.: 522

I actually have the exact same problem. I get to the "What type would you be" question, and can't think of anything.

--------------------
Out of Context Quote(s) of the Week: "Please don't stick bacon in my stab wounds."
Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: May 28 2012, 06:54 PM

Too few posts for a custom title

Group: Group: Group: Group
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Notty @ Apr 29 2012, 06:21 AM)
QUOTE (Red Silvers @ Apr 29 2012, 05:12 AM)
It worked with Gaiden.

Pshaw.

Cran and I both like(d) Gaiden more than the Main PokeRP...thought that's probably because being a player is more fun than being a GM.

I think we all know which was the best Pokémon RP.

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image user posted image -- Let us all study the Panzer and grow into beautiful, healthy women! --
-- 100+7 --

Arc: Can I ship you and FZ?
Forever Zero: I should never talk while I wank.

Arc: Are your panties still hazardous?

You awake in a 10x10 room.
CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12

hyenas, like bears, are dogs
aturtledoesbite
Posted: May 28 2012, 07:17 PM

Councilor

Well, here's an idea. We just go ahead and start, and you guys can jump in whenever you get finished.
neko-chan
Posted: May 29 2012, 01:10 AM

Councilor

Member No.: 242

*tears well up*

But...but... what about the Main-- *shot* tongue.gif

Anyways, my interest is piqued enough to say "Send me one!" I'm always up for something new and interesting.

--------------------
They said there was no chance. They said we should find a new home. We have. We just made it ourselves. Because we dare to think the impossible.

We are heroes. This is what we do.

~The Phoenix Project - City of Titans
invinible
Posted: May 29 2012, 01:21 AM

Postinator

It is the last question that is throwing me for a loop.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: May 29 2012, 04:12 AM

Councilor

The last question? Why, that's the easiest one! Surely it can't be hard to articulate your love for Devon! tongue.gif
Cyrus
Posted: May 30 2012, 07:48 AM

Guru

QUOTE (neko-chan @ May 28 2012, 05:10 PM)
*tears well up*

But...but... what about the Main-- *shot* tongue.gif

Anyways, my interest is piqued enough to say "Send me one!" I'm always up for something new and interesting.

Sent one your way.

The preproduction is still going, at... a less than steady rate. But if it's not ready by august (I hope it doesn't take that long), I give y'all permission to internet flog me.

--------------------
user posted image
aturtledoesbite
Posted: May 30 2012, 12:31 PM

Councilor

August? That's two whole months away! Internet flogging should be pushed up to July, while August takes the real-life flogging position. biggrin.gif
raiderrpg
Posted: May 30 2012, 07:26 PM

Master

Member No.: 1,137

I have to wait till august? I -just- oiled the whips, too!
T_T

--------------------
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Got Miltank?
Cyrus
Posted: Aug 2 2012, 03:24 AM

Guru

user posted image

Greetings, trainers! I'm All-Pro Box Admin Einstein, but I'm sure you already knew that. It's getting close to the Opening Day for your Minor League, so I'm gonna' be here every day profiling your competitors and other facets of the competition as we build up to the beginning of the beginning!

There's some exciting things waiting for you in Devon's Virtual World this Season, so if you haven't sent in your Official Devon Trainer License Form™, now's the time to do it! (Yes, that's right, I'm talking to you.)

So open your brain's ports and get ready for a liberal dosage of awesome, because you rookies are on a path to the future, and I'm pretty sure the first step is made of lasers.

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | Serious RP | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (8) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0915 seconds | Archive