zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (662) « First ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

The "S" is for suck!, Or, the movie topic.
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 02:30 AM

The artist formerly known as Randomlurker

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

QUOTE (Just Jon @ Mar 18 2012, 10:06 PM)
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Yaaay, finally a property that I have little emotional attachment to to mock and come closer to being able to objectively gauge the coherence and enjoyability of without emotional bias-based skewing of my assessment like with Transformers, but not so wholly unfamiliar that I'm completely lost and unable to gauge faithfulness to source material like with Tintin!

I'm actually sorta looking forward to this in an academic curiosity sense.

This post has been edited by Zap Rowsdower on Mar 19 2012, 02:31 AM

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
Ou des
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 02:30 AM

Clockwork Contraption

Member No.: 18

Calling it now, Raphael will be the black one, Michelangelo will be Hispanic, and Donatello will be Asian.

--------------------
user posted image
Knight
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 03:00 AM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I think Ou nailed it.
Immolation
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 04:30 AM

Eternal Flame

Member No.: 86

Argh, my childhood!

Edit: So, I guess the new acronym is going to be Teenage Space Ninja Turtles on Earth?

This post has been edited by Immolation on Mar 19 2012, 04:33 AM

--------------------
"How much time do you need?"
"Whatever you can get me. When the EMP goes off-"
"When it goes off, I'll be fine. It only affects computers, remember? And I, am a motherfucking ghost"
Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 07:32 AM

Too few posts for a custom title

Group: Group: Group: Group
Member No.: 2

One of my friends is like the nephew of Eastman if I remember correctly. His response: "I think Michael Bay's new origin story for the TMNT movie is an insult to my family."

--------------------
user posted image user posted image -- Let us all study the Panzer and grow into beautiful, healthy women! --
-- 100+7 --

Arc: Can I ship you and FZ?
Forever Zero: I should never talk while I wank.

Arc: Are your panties still hazardous?

You awake in a 10x10 room.
CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12

hyenas, like bears, are dogs
Cyrus
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 04:19 AM

Guru

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (Grandmaster Jogurt @ Mar 19 2012, 11:32 PM)
One of my friends is like the nephew of Eastman if I remember correctly. His response: "I think Michael Bay's new origin story for the TMNT movie is an insult to my family."

Well, it's not like the original TMNT origin story was all that original...

(the radioactive crap that blinded young totally-not-Daredevil then seeped into the sewers and transformed our heroes)

--------------------
user posted image
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 05:00 AM

QUOTE (Cyrus @ Mar 21 2012, 12:19 AM)
QUOTE (Grandmaster Jogurt @ Mar 19 2012, 11:32 PM)

Well, it's not like the original TMNT origin story was all that original...

(the radioactive crap that blinded young totally-not-Daredevil then seeped into the sewers and transformed our heroes)

It was actually a parody of Daredevil, from what I've heard. The gist being "Oh come on, Daredevil is getting re-god-damned-diculous with everybody and their brother being a ninja of some sort despite being American or European".

It just sorta snowballed from there.

--------------------
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." - Otto von Bismarck
Cyrus
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 05:07 AM

Guru

Oh, the original TMNT comics were parodies of a lot of things. In fact, even continuing on into every TMNT version, the Foot clan is a reference to the Hand clan from Daredevil.

I'm jes' sayin'... the origin wasn't even something new, it was "this Marvel super hero we're totally not naming's origin is also the origin of our ninjas."

--------------------
user posted image
Zap Rowsdower
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 05:18 AM

QUOTE (Cyrus @ Mar 21 2012, 01:07 AM)
Oh, the original TMNT comics were parodies of a lot of things. In fact, even continuing on into every TMNT version, the Foot clan is a reference to the Hand clan from Daredevil.

I'm jes' sayin'... the origin wasn't even something new, it was "this Marvel super hero we're totally not naming's origin is also the origin of our ninjas."

That actually explains a fair bit.

They want to distance themselves as much as possible from the Daredevil movie. I couldn't imagine why.

--------------------
Cyrus
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 09:14 PM

Guru

So since the last time I mumbled aimlessly about movies I go to see, I've gone and seen The Hunger Games and A Princess of Mars [s]John Carter of Mars[/i] John Carter.

Hunger games is good. I've never read the books, but it's got some interesting themes. It's well paced. It's well shot, if you don't mind more than a little shakey-cam. That said... I never really felt like the characters (especially the lead) ever really got enough characterization. I leave the movie barely knowing the character more than going in.
...but it's still a fun ride. Well, as fun as a movie about killing children can be.

John Carter, on the other hand, was completely fuckin' awesome. I've also never read the books, and the pacing is more'n a little off for the first act of the movie, but... the visuals are great, the characters were fun, the rapport between the characters was great, the action was great... but at the same time, it's also a helluvalot more emotionally investing than the "shut off your brain action movie" trailers would lead you to believe. And if you like 3D at all, this movie definitely needs to be seen in it. Fuckin' beautiful.

It's a real goddamn shame it bombed the way it did, because of all (...three of) the movies I've seen in 2012, John Carter is easily my favorite.

--------------------
user posted image
MFD
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 09:49 PM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

So, a new piece revealed the Avengers aliens. Bob Chipman (spoilers, obviously) covers his bases, going through all the possibilities, but it looks like his last guess: [Korbonites]. I really don't see how they could be anything else.

Which: awesome. [BETA RAY BILL!]

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
MFD
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 03:22 AM

THIEF!

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 7

... That wasn't actually an April Fool's prank, far as I know.

Anyways, Ted looks awesome.

... Don't get all hatey on McFarlane... please...

--------------------

"The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's bullshit. Stop lying. Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.
- Go the Fuck to Sleep

"Yeah, well. We're building a bomb. You do the opposite of what the warning labels say."
- Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe
Knight
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 04:58 AM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

I file him with Will Ferrell under "actors I don't find funny". No real hate. Just haven't seen him do anything I care to see. Looks too much like he's trying to recapture Family Guy's "Brian" charm.

Not sure if it would be better or worse if they'd actually made him an imaginary friend, rather than just the random-animal-character-that-nobody-thinks-it's-strange-can-talk.
Gnarl
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 10:44 PM

Evil Bureaucrat

Member No.: 176

QUOTE (MFD @ Apr 2 2012, 11:22 PM)
... Don't get all hatey on McFarlane... please...

MAKE ME

I honestly have nothing against his technical work, he did a surprisingly good job in Hellboy 2 and his voicework is very high quality. However the concept of the movie itself does nothing for me, it's the Wacky Animal Sidekick from every single show he's done ever only transplanted to the big screen. Nothing about the trailer made me interested in seeing it.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 02:08 AM

FZ, I think you are thinking of a different MacFarlane.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image -- Let us all study the Panzer and grow into beautiful, healthy women! --
-- 100+7 --

CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12

Knight
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 04:06 AM

Guru of Magic
Group Icon

Seth MacFarlane was Johann in Hellboy 2. Who did you think he was talking about?
Cyrus
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 06:12 AM

Guru

He was probably thinking of Todd. Who, although he's all big up in the non-mainstream comics, I don't think he's done anything for Hellboy.

...I wouldn't be surprised if he made some toys for it, though.

As for Seth... well, I don't like Family Guy. I don't like American Dad. That trailer for Ted was doing less than nothing for me.

...but you're allowed to like it however the hell much you want! Doesn't do me any harm, nor should my not liking it spoil your fun.

--------------------
user posted image
Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Knight @ Apr 4 2012, 12:06 AM)
Seth MacFarlane was Johann in Hellboy 2. Who did you think he was talking about?

Luke!

--------------------
-- 100+7 --

CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12

Just Jon
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 03:58 AM

The Sexy One

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

Speaking of McFarlane

It's very sad that the jokes there made me laugh more then the show itself has for like three seasons.

--------------------
No fanfare, no special effects... Just Jon
user posted image
Out of Context Quote: "God DAMN these electric sex pants!"
Ou des
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 04:03 AM

Clockwork Contraption

Member No.: 18

That looks hilarious and netflix will never ever get it.

There's no justice in the world.

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | General Posting | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (662) « First ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2055 seconds | Archive