Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (32) « First ... 30 31 [32]  ( Go to first unread post )

Yeah, all that religion stuff, I believe we're all clueless.
Forever Zero
Posted: Oct 20 2008, 02:02 AM

The REAL internet rage machine

Group: Supermod
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Nifar @ Oct 19 2008, 10:02 PM)
Also, what's 14bya?

14 Billion Years Ago.

--------------------
"It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane."
- Philip K. Dick
Spriteless Girl
Posted: Oct 20 2008, 02:05 AM

Sage

Group: Members
Member No.: 22

QUOTE (Nifar @ Oct 19 2008, 07:39 PM)
So there was nothing before the Big Bang. You expect me to believe that the initial condition that the entire universe expanded from just popped into existence? That's almost as ridicules as the idea that some omnipotent being created it all.

Edit: Dammit! stop posting while I'm typing!

How about this model. You know the laws of thermodynamics? The ones important to my argument, according to wikipedia.
1. "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only change forms." (you can't get out of the game)
2. "The entropy of an isolated system not in equilibrium will tend to increase over time, approaching a maximum value at equilibrium." (you can't break even, you can't win)

This isn't a nihlist coincidence. The way humans create memories, there is more entropy afterwords than before; we perceive the increase of entropy as time.

If your model of spacetime is spheroid instead of linear, than the spot with least entropy is the big bang, and most the big crunch, the way we perceive time.

Stephen Hawking says the math checks out.

Now, I don't know why there would be space time, but this helps explain how there was nothing before it. Since we wouldn't be here to remark on it's absence, I guess that's good enough.

--------------------
At any given moment it's hard to remember the headspace of every other given moment. But I live in space a lot.
« Next Oldest | Serious Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (32) « First ... 30 31 [32] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0605 seconds | Archive