InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (187) « First ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Introduce Thyself, Ye who art new, and thou who arriveth
MikePB
Posted: Oct 19 2011, 06:17 PM

Geekomancer

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 30

...I remember you being taller.

--------------------

I say! What a wonderful butler. He's so violent!"
--The Fourth Doctor - City of Death
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 03:20 AM

Councilor

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,266

Well, I'm about 4 months late or so, but hello! My username is over there (<-), but you can just call me Turtle. And by "you", I mean anyone who reads this. Also, I heard there were cookies?
Algasir
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 03:25 AM

Green hair!

Member No.: 140

Can I call you "over there", instead? tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 04:03 AM

Councilor

That works. As long as I know you're talking to me. If I don't...

Are you talkin' to me? Huh?! Are ya?!
Cyrus
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 08:35 AM

Guru

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (aturtledoesbite @ Dec 6 2011, 07:20 PM)
but you can just call me Turtle

Too bad. Your new nickname is bitey.

Welcome to the forum, bitey! Well, the non-comic-discussion section of it at least.

--------------------
user posted image
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 09:24 PM

Councilor

How odd. I'm called Bitey on different corners of the 'Net, as well. But yes, as I said before, I believe I heard something about cookies? biggrin.gif
Blackdeathdraco
Posted: Dec 8 2011, 04:01 AM

Sage

Member No.: 32

Here is a digital cookie. No, not the one that goes to the web browser. tongue.gif

*Hands "Bitey" a digital cookie.*

--------------------
When I'm bored, I like to wander around and cast X-Zone on random things.

"Sanity is the illusion of the insane." -Me

img src="http://www.animecubed.com/billy/pics/sigs/BDD.jpg">

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 8 2011, 10:23 PM

Councilor

Yayz, I haz cookie. /nom

Now then...I have nothing else to say. D:
Cyrus
Posted: Dec 8 2011, 10:34 PM

Guru

Congratulations! You have now graduated the intro thread.

Feel free to move on to any of the actual discussion threads. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 9 2011, 12:37 AM

Councilor

Woo! Where's my certificate? There is a certificate, right?
mordain
Posted: Dec 9 2011, 12:58 AM

Codewalker

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 72

Your certificate is a mod telling you to stop spamming the intro thread, shoving you into a catapult and

*THUMP*

...apparently smacking you at high velocity into the ground. Hm. Been a while since we used this thing, I guess it's broken... oh well... try, try again, right? biggrin.gif

*winds up the catapult for another go*

--------------------
Live and learn - or die and teach by example.
aturtledoesbite
Posted: Dec 9 2011, 01:03 AM

Councilor

Ow...I think you cracked my shell.

But...spam? Huh. May I ask what the official definition of 'spam' is on this forum? It seems to change in each part of the internet.
mordain
Posted: Dec 9 2011, 01:08 AM

Codewalker

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 72

That is an EXCELLENT question. Take it to the Sink thread, or the questions thread, or any number of other threads in which people are happy to answer your questions! Now out, I try to avoid having to lock this thing.

--------------------
Live and learn - or die and teach by example.
walkertexasdruid
  Posted: Apr 27 2012, 05:17 AM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,286

Hello, everyone, I just wanted to hi to all of the fellow fans of Captain SNES. I read all 712 episodes in about two weeks and I cannot wait for 713! biggrin.gif About me, well there is not much to say except that my name really does not describe me at all. My name is not Walker, I have never been in Texas, and I am not a Druid (though considering my Brittish ancestery I may be decended from them happy.gif ). It came about when I was playing D&D and I was trying to emulate a character from a Terry Brooks series of books, who was named Walker Boh. My DM kept on calling me "Walker, Texas Druid", so I decided to keep it for much of my internet interactions. That is about it for now. Talk to you guys later.

--------------------
The Red Pill or the Blue Pill?
MikePB
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 05:33 AM

Geekomancer

Group: Demi-mod
Member No.: 30

Welcome, new meat!

--------------------

I say! What a wonderful butler. He's so violent!"
--The Fourth Doctor - City of Death
Cyrus
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 05:58 AM

Guru

Welcome to the forum, yo.

I'm not sure if we should dub you walky, druid, or WTD.

(I'm not sure you get any say in the matter, either. tongue.gif)

--------------------
user posted image
Red Silvers
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 06:16 AM

Emperor

Member No.: 45

The no say in the matter seems par for the course.

--------------------
"Speaking of being terrible at games, Red fumbling with the blocks in Magnet Man's level has to be seen to be believed. If the definition of insanity has to do with expecting different results upon trying the same thing, then he must be one of the most insane people I've ever known." - Brickroad

The Guardian Legend - By Red Silvers (VLP): Our Red Silvers continues to find the weirdest worksafe pictures of the game's protagonist, a plane that transforms into a waifu.

Super Metroid - By Red Silvers (VLP): I think it's safe to say at this point, that Samus ain't leaving her suit once Red Silvers finally gets around the finishing this game.

Fantastic Dizzy - By Red Silvers (VLP): Fresh off his recent run of Super Metroid, Red Silvers tackles yet another, err... classic? (Egg-scuse me for being confused about Red Silvers' next choice.)
Tactics Lion
Posted: Mar 13 2013, 11:18 PM

Immigrant

Member No.: 1,321

Hello, I'm Tactics Lion. I'm active in a few internet threads, and use a very similar alias (mostly with slight grammatical changes) on all of 'em.

Hi walkertexasdruid! Nice to see you on this forum, too!
(We hang out at the nuklear power forums on a very rare occasion, usually involving D&D or Pathfinder, or web comics. He's a pretty cool dude.)

Full disclosure: I read the first three pages, or so, of this thread, and realized it was 184 pages long, decided that, as a stay-at-home dad in charge of a one-and-a-half year old toddler I didn't have the time, and skipped here to read this page.

Sorry guys, I still don't know who most of you are. I'll be working on that project for a while. I may or may not learn before I post elsewhere.

In any event, I've read Captain SNES more or less since the beginning, but I only ever lurked without registering in the forums for a few months during the 2005-ish era (give or take a few years - look, all I'm saying is that I got married, moved three times and didn't graduate on two separate occasions during that period, so, you know) and thus I really don't remember anything from it.

With the comic, my relationship has been tempestuous, but always one of joy. I read it for a while, then thought it died, I moved, had my computer die, found the comic lived, caught up on the archives and kept up with it, thought the comic died, moved, had my computer die, found the comic lived, caught up on the archives, thought it dead, and repeated the cycle one more time. I know I was reading it sometime around the time it moved to a different site than whatever it was on originally (did this happen twice, maybe? I'm afraid I don't recall). Anyway, I love this old bird, and am always impressed by JayDee's writing and comic craftsmanship. And how much he's improved. I've not comic binged in a long, long time, and am unlikely to have full freedom to do so anymore (seriously, you'd think "stay at home" translates to "lots of time", but mostly it translates into, "NO, WAIT, DON'T-" *CRASH* "... oh, wow, are you okay?" and/or feeding and diaper changing all day. All. Day. So anyway... I've forgotten half the plot elements of the thing, and am consistently surprised when a character arc is brought back and am all like, "OH YEAH! THAT THING! THAT WAS AWESOME! ... what happened with it last time?"

Sometime in 2011 (if I recall correctly) I began checking these forums very infrequently, when someone else at the nuklearforums told me to check you guys out to learn stuff. I forget why, exactly.

Also, in case you couldn't tell, I do a lot of forgetting lately. I'm told studies show that being a stay-at-home (specifically a stay-at-home mom, but I suppose it applies to us dads too) tends to do something to your brain. If it seems like I have ADD (not the game), it's because I do, and this has intensified and become noticeably worse with a toddler. Sorry.

I'm a huge D&D/Pathfinder nerd/fan, along with the Final Fantasy series (at least up to eight - I never played nine, ten and ten-2 were okay, I don't do MMOs, twelve looked awesome, and thirteen... looks too linear), with Final Fantasy Tactics (as evidenced by my name/avatar), Chrono Trigger, and Vagrant Story being some of my all-time favorite games (FF6 is up there, and may occasionally switch out with one of the above, but not today). I also loved the Neverwinter Nights games and expansions.

I never saw the last season of Captain N - we lived in and out of Lithuania during the 90s, and I took what I could get (mostly Hardy Boy novels, Tolkien, and the Complete Works of William Shakespeare, all of which I've worked hard to forget since by drowning myself in video games... look, I'm not so hot at the memory retention, alright?).

I'm one of those right-wing nut-jobs, ignorant of science, and a puritanical Christian who hates other people because of my faith and looks down on those that are my 'lessers', which includes pretty much everyone... at least, that's what a number of internet people have told me, so it must be true, right?

So anyway, beware the sudden outbursts of Christianity and occasional Bible-quoting (unlike my shiny new signature which is Bible-paraphrasing), 'cause, you know, that's a thing that happens with me. smile.gif

I'm a fan of too many books and authors to list here... and don't really have time for them.

I love movies, but don't see many anymore.

I love videogames, but haven't completed one since... um... er...

... crap, I'm an adult. That sucks.

Also, with ever-worsening ADD, Dyslexia, and nearsightedness.

And finally, in case you couldn't tell, I don't know when to shut up. In real life either.

God bless all you guys!

Also, I'm likely to be a lurker, to be really active for short bursts, and go back to lurking if history is any indicator of my online behavior.

I apologize for pretty much everything I do on the forums in advance. It'll work out better that way. See you around!

(Oh, yeah, I respond to Tac, Tactics, Lion, Lion-guy, doofus*, etc. So, you know, as you will.)

* Honestly, though, this one and those similar to it aren't my favorite.

--------------------
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Love your neighbor as yourself.

All who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

I look forward to seeing you guys in heaven!
Ou des
Posted: Mar 14 2013, 12:46 AM

Clockwork Contraption

Member No.: 18

QUOTE (Tactics Lion @ Mar 13 2013, 07:18 PM)
Sometime in 2011 (if I recall correctly) I began checking these forums very infrequently, when someone else at the nuklearforums told me to check you guys out to learn stuff. I forget why, exactly.

This caught my eye. I'm baffled as to what anyone would learn here.

--------------------
user posted image
Grandmaster Jogurt
Posted: Mar 14 2013, 01:00 AM

Too few posts for a custom title

Group: Group: Group: Group
Member No.: 2

FZ taught me how to love

--------------------
user posted image user posted image -- Let us all study the Panzer and grow into beautiful, healthy women! --
-- 100+7 --

Arc: Can I ship you and FZ?
Forever Zero: I should never talk while I wank.

Arc: Are your panties still hazardous?

You awake in a 10x10 room.
CHAPTER 2.05 2010 10 12
« Next Oldest | General Posting | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (187) « First ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1131 seconds | Archive